Community Discussions and Support
Can't get MAPI to work

I suggest you use MapiPM from http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegadd/entry17704.aspx   Once installed, any attachment file can be mailed from a Pegasus Mail session (or from Windows Explorer). But please read the install instructions to see the sequence and actions required.

Martin (author of MapiPM)

<p>I suggest you use MapiPM from http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegadd/entry17704.aspx   Once installed, any attachment file can be mailed from a Pegasus Mail session (or from Windows Explorer). But please read the install instructions to see the sequence and actions required.</p><p>Martin (author of MapiPM) </p>

I would like to send PDF files through email.  I'm using PDF Factory to create the PDF's.  PDF Factory uses MAPI. 

I tried getting MAPI to work in Pegasus by performing this:

1) Pegasus mail must be the default system emailer

2) You have to unpack the file mapi32.dll included in wpmmapi.exe, and
rename it like mapi32x.dll.
3) Copy this file in c:\windows\system32\
4) add this key in registry base :
hkey_local_machine/software/clients/mail/pegasus

(string), type : REG-SZ

name : DLLPath
Data : c:\windows\system32\mapi32x.dll

I ran the program Wpmmapi.exe and selected  MAPI 1.0

When I run PDF Factory it gives me an error saying:

" Entry point MAPISendMail was not found in file."

I ran the probram Wpmmapi.exe and selected Simple MAPI

I get the same error message.

What do I need to do to get this to run?

Thank you,

Docfxit

<p>I would like to send PDF files through email.  I'm using PDF Factory to create the PDF's.  PDF Factory uses MAPI.  </p><p>I tried getting MAPI to work in Pegasus by performing this:</p><p>1) Pegasus mail must be the default system emailer </p><p>2) You have to unpack the file mapi32.dll included in wpmmapi.exe, and rename it like mapi32x.dll. 3) Copy this file in c:\windows\system32\ 4) add this key in registry base : hkey_local_machine/software/clients/mail/pegasus </p><p>(string), type : REG-SZ </p>name : DLLPath Data : c:\windows\system32\mapi32x.dll<p> I ran the program Wpmmapi.exe and selected  MAPI 1.0</p><p> When I run PDF Factory it gives me an error saying:</p><p>" Entry point MAPISendMail was not found in file."</p><p>I ran the probram Wpmmapi.exe and selected Simple MAPI </p><p>I get the same error message.</p><p> What do I need to do to get this to run?</p><p> </p><p>Thank you,</p><p> </p><p>Docfxit </p>

MAPI 1.0 does not work with anything other than MS stuff as far as I can tell.  Simple MAPI though does work as long as the application uses simple MAPI.  There was no requirement at all to do any registry edits in my case.  Just running wpmmapi.exe replaced the MS MAPI files with the WinPMail MAPI files.

<p>MAPI 1.0 does not work with anything other than MS stuff as far as I can tell.  Simple MAPI though does work as long as the application uses simple MAPI.  There was no requirement at all to do any registry edits in my case.  Just running wpmmapi.exe replaced the MS MAPI files with the WinPMail MAPI files.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

The only caveat to this, is that the MAPI installed in this process replaces any existing Mapi32.dll.  So you must not attempt this if you are using Microsoft Mapi32.dll, for example in a business environment using MS-Exchange/Outlook.

Martin

<p>The only caveat to this, is that the MAPI installed in this process replaces any existing Mapi32.dll.  So you must not attempt this if you are using Microsoft Mapi32.dll, for example in a business environment using MS-Exchange/Outlook.</p><p>Martin </p>

Does MAPISendMail entry point work in the latest version of PM yet?

Thanks,

Docfxit

<p>Does MAPISendMail entry point work in the latest version of PM yet?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p> </p><p>Docfxit </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft