Community Discussions and Support
lost mailto

I just joined the community and began searching for a solution
to my "lost mailto" problem and found it. Thanks to Dave for
posting the question and to David for the answer.

I have been a Pegasus Mail user since 1994. I found it as an
alternative to Eudora which I hated. 

Thank you David for such a great product.    [:D]

<p>I just joined the community and began searching for a solution to my "lost mailto" problem and found it. Thanks to Dave for posting the question and to David for the answer.</p><p>I have been a Pegasus Mail user since 1994. I found it as an alternative to Eudora which I hated.  Thank you David for such a great product.    [:D]  </p>

Thank you for Pegasus Mail, and for setting up this forum.

I couldn’t find any mention of this, so if it has already

been discussed I apologize.  

Been a PMail user for about 10 years. Now running version

4.41 on XP SP2 and Firefox 2.0.0.3. Suddenly the mailto: function at the

contact pages of websites no longer works.

I’ve tried adding lines to the Registry as noted at http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=362712

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->

I’ve tried matching the Registry from my notebook, which has

the same configuration.

I’ve tried downloading the latest 4.41 and updating my PMail

installation.

And I’ve tried completely uninstalling Pegasus Mail,

removing all mention of it from the Registry, and then re-installing a new

version.

Still no luck in getting the mailto: function to work.

Nothing happens when I click on links. A small issue, compared to other issues

in the world, but nevertheless annoying.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->

I’m open to any suggestions anyone has. Thank you.

Thank you for Pegasus Mail, and for setting up this forum. &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;I couldn&rsquo;t find any mention of this, so if it has already been discussed I apologize. &lt;span style=&quot;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;Been a PMail user for about 10 years. Now running version 4.41 on XP SP2 and Firefox 2.0.0.3. Suddenly the mailto: function at the contact pages of websites no longer works. &lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;I&rsquo;ve tried adding lines to the Registry as noted at &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=362712&quot;&gt;http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=362712&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;&lt;!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--&gt; &lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;I&rsquo;ve tried matching the Registry from my notebook, which has the same configuration. &lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;I&rsquo;ve tried downloading the latest 4.41 and updating my PMail installation. &lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;And I&rsquo;ve tried completely uninstalling Pegasus Mail, removing all mention of it from the Registry, and then re-installing a new version. &lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;Still no luck in getting the mailto: function to work. Nothing happens when I click on links. A small issue, compared to other issues in the world, but nevertheless annoying. &lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;&lt;!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--&gt; &lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;I&rsquo;m open to any suggestions anyone has. Thank you. &lt;/p&gt;

Run Pegasus Mail, go into Tools|Options, select the "Hyperlinks" page, and click the button labeled "System mailer". This should make everything work again.

Cheers!

-- David --

Run Pegasus Mail, go into Tools|Options, select the &quot;Hyperlinks&quot; page, and click the button labeled &quot;System mailer&quot;. This should make everything work again. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft