Community Discussions and Support
Immediate 'send mail', by-passing 'the queue'

Doh!

Thank you very much, Han. I missed that whole group of options.

Another senior moment!

Doh! Thank you very much, Han. I missed that whole group of options. Another senior moment!

I'm trying Pegasus after using The Bat! for about six years and , so far, I'm very impressed [Y]

One thing I find a bit odd is the inability to send a message without it sitting in the queue first. A couple of times now, I've hit the 'send' button, switched to another app. only to find, a couple of hours later, that the message still hasn't actually been sent. 

The button tool-tip implies that there's a choice but for the life of me I can't find out how to do it. What am I missing? 

TIA

William 

<p>I'm trying Pegasus after using The Bat! for about six years and , so far, I'm very impressed [Y]</p><p>One thing I find a bit odd is the inability to send a message without it sitting in the queue first. A couple of times now, I've hit the 'send' button, switched to another app. only to find, a couple of hours later, that the message still hasn't actually been sent. </p><p>The button tool-tip implies that there's a choice but for the life of me I can't find out how to do it. What am I missing? </p><p>TIA</p><p>William </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

[quote user="magiric"]

I'm trying Pegasus after using The Bat! for about six years and , so far, I'm very impressed [Y]

One thing I find a bit odd is the inability to send a message without it sitting in the queue first. A couple of times now, I've hit the 'send' button, switched to another app. only to find, a couple of hours later, that the message still hasn't actually been sent. 

The button tool-tip implies that there's a choice but for the life of me I can't find out how to do it. What am I missing? 

TIA William 

[/quote]

Go Tools -> Internet options -> Sending mail and on that page tick "Send mail at once without placing it in the queue". That will do.

[quote user="magiric"]<p>I'm trying Pegasus after using The Bat! for about six years and , so far, I'm very impressed [Y]</p><p>One thing I find a bit odd is the inability to send a message without it sitting in the queue first. A couple of times now, I've hit the 'send' button, switched to another app. only to find, a couple of hours later, that the message still hasn't actually been sent. </p><p>The button tool-tip implies that there's a choice but for the life of me I can't find out how to do it. What am I missing? </p><p>TIA William  </p><p> [/quote]</p><p>Go Tools -> Internet options -> Sending mail and on that page tick "Send mail at once without placing it in the queue". That will do. </p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft