Community Discussions and Support
**** Message loop detected - message discarded.

Should make no difference where the mail comes from in MercuryS. Or do you mean POP3 download using MercuryD? Anyway, temporarily switch on session logging for the module in question to see all details of the transaction. (And remember to switch it off, it wastes a lot of disk space otherwise.)

/Rolf 

<p>Should make no difference where the mail comes from in MercuryS. Or do you mean POP3 download using MercuryD? Anyway, temporarily switch on session logging for the module in question to see all details of the transaction. (And remember to switch it off, it wastes a lot of disk space otherwise.)</p><p>/Rolf </p>

Hello,

I have one 2 clients (Pegasus) and 2 servers (Mercury) on a network. It is a school project and the purpose is that I shall send mail between the 2 clients (trough each ones mail server). The problem is that the message loops itself between the client and its server. And after a while: **** Message loop detected - message discarded.

I think I have tried almost everything but it is the same. Do anyone got any idea what I can try or any solution on the problem?

Thank you in advance!

<P>Hello,</P> <P>I have one 2 clients (Pegasus) and 2 servers (Mercury) on a network. It is a school project and the purpose is that I shall send mail between the 2 clients (trough each ones mail server). The problem is that the message loops itself between the client and its server. And after a while: **** Message loop detected - message discarded.</P> <P>I think I have tried almost everything but it is the same. Do anyone got any idea what I can try or any solution on the problem?</P> <P>Thank you in advance!</P>

For each server you need a separate domain, if not you will get potential loops.

Name server a as abc1.com, name server b as abc2.com

Set up local user accounts and an alias on each system, user1@abc1.com -> user1mailbox, and on the second server, user2@abc2.com -> user2mailbox

Use MercuryC instead of MercuryE, and point each server to the other one for delivery.

Good luck.

<P>For each server you need a separate domain, if not you will get potential loops.</P> <P>Name server a as abc1.com, name server b as abc2.com</P> <P>Set up local user accounts and an alias on each system, <A href="mailto:user1@abc1.com">user1@abc1.com</A> -> user1mailbox, and on the second server, <A href="mailto:user2@abc2.com">user2@abc2.com</A> -> user2mailbox</P> <P>Use MercuryC instead of MercuryE, and point each server to the other one for delivery.</P> <P>Good luck.</P>

Thank you for the help! The solution was to point the MercuryC SMTP Client to the other Server.

Now I am trying to make this with IPv6 instead of IPv4. But my problem here seems aswell to be in the MercuryC SMTP Client (I get: Error FF servicing queue job. failed.). I've looked around and doesn't find any information that Mercury works with IPv6, I just supposed it does?

Thanks again!

<P>Thank you for the help! The solution was to point the MercuryC SMTP Client to the other Server.</P> <P> Now I am trying to make this with IPv6 instead of IPv4. But my problem here seems aswell to be in the MercuryC SMTP Client (I get: Error FF servicing queue job. failed.). I've looked around and doesn't find any information that Mercury works with IPv6, I just supposed it does?</P> <P>Thanks again!</P>

No it doesn't. You need the Ipv4 wrapper alongside your Ipv6 nw-drivers.

No it doesn't. You need the Ipv4 wrapper alongside your Ipv6 nw-drivers.

[quote user="Henrik84"]

Now I am trying to make this with IPv6 instead of IPv4. I've looked around and doesn't find any information that Mercury works with IPv6, I just supposed it does?

[/quote]

No, the program has no specific support for IPv6 at this stage. In truth, I'm not even 100% sure what it might take to add it, so small has been the demand to date.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="Henrik84"]<p>Now I am trying to make this with IPv6 instead of IPv4. I've looked around and doesn't find any information that Mercury works with IPv6, I just supposed it does?</p><p>[/quote] No, the program has no specific support for IPv6 at this stage. In truth, I'm not even 100% sure what it might take to add it, so small has been the demand to date. Cheers! -- David --  </p>

I have only 1 server with mercury32 v4.7. It was working very fine before on WinNT4 but as server hardware failed I have to configure it on Win2k3 server. I configured it almost same as it was in NT. But problems I am facing now are:

1. same  **** Message loop detected - message discarded.

2. Mails are going out and even Core and SMTP server shows it is receiving but No emails are found in Mailbox directories.

I will really appreciate if any one can help me to troubleshoot this problem.

Awaiting...

<p>I have only 1 server with mercury32 v4.7. It was working very fine before on WinNT4 but as server hardware failed I have to configure it on Win2k3 server. I configured it almost same as it was in NT. But problems I am facing now are:</p><p> 1. same  **** Message loop detected - message discarded.</p><p>2. Mails are going out and even Core and SMTP server shows it is receiving but No emails are found in Mailbox directories.</p><p> I will really appreciate if any one can help me to troubleshoot this problem.</p><p> Awaiting... </p>

Without information about the installation or the messages troubleshooting is kind of tricky! Anyway, first make sure that the user running Mercury has full access to the disk(s) with the program and the mailbox directories. Secondly, make sure no realtime antivirus program on the server might interfere with Mercury's access to these directories. After that, examine the relevant log files to find out exactly what is happening with one or two of the messages, and check mercury.ini for errors, especially concerning paths and local domains.

If after that you still haven't found the reason for the problem please post mercury.ini and excerpts from the logs here.

/Rolf 

<p>Without information about the installation or the messages troubleshooting is kind of tricky! Anyway, first make sure that the user running Mercury has full access to the disk(s) with the program and the mailbox directories. Secondly, make sure no realtime antivirus program on the server might interfere with Mercury's access to these directories. After that, examine the relevant log files to find out exactly what is happening with one or two of the messages, and check mercury.ini for errors, especially concerning paths and local domains.</p><p>If after that you still haven't found the reason for the problem please post mercury.ini and excerpts from the logs here.</p><p>/Rolf </p>

Thank you for your prompt reply. I checked INI file and found out that SMTP queue was having misconfiguration. I corrected it and now its fine but problem now is that I can not receive emails from Yahoo. Rest from Gmail I can get but Yahoo is still a problem for getting emails.

<p>Thank you for your prompt reply. I checked INI file and found out that SMTP queue was having misconfiguration. I corrected it and now its fine but problem now is that I can not receive emails from Yahoo. Rest from Gmail I can get but Yahoo is still a problem for getting emails.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft