Community Discussions and Support
New mail does not appear

Ooopps....didn't see other replies and that problem was resolved.[:$]

Ooopps....didn't see other replies and that problem was resolved.[:$]

My PM has recently developed a weird problem. When new mail arrives, the horse flaps it's wings and the pop-up box announces it, however, the new mail does not appear in the "New Mail" foldr until I close it down and re-open it. Any ideas ?

Barry

My PM has recently developed a weird problem. When new mail arrives, the horse flaps it's wings and the pop-up box announces it, however, the new mail does not appear in the "New Mail" foldr until I close it down and re-open it. Any ideas ? Barry

Do you have more than 750 messages in your New Mail Folder? For performance reasons, Pegasus Mail stops automatically scanning the NMF if there are greater than 750 messages. You can manually scan the folder using a Ctrl-W or simply move some of the mail off to folders so that it remains less than 750 messages. Hope that helps.

Do you have more than 750 messages in your New Mail Folder? For performance reasons, Pegasus Mail stops automatically scanning the NMF if there are greater than 750 messages. You can manually scan the folder using a Ctrl-W or simply move some of the mail off to folders so that it remains less than 750 messages. Hope that helps.

Yes, I did, I had about 850. That fixed it. Many thanks.

Barry

Yes, I did, I had about 850. That fixed it. Many thanks. Barry

Thanks from me as well.  I wondered why it was registering mail without showing it.  Time to clean!  Go Sox.

Eric 

<p>Thanks from me as well.  I wondered why it was registering mail without showing it.  Time to clean!  Go Sox.</p><p>Eric </p>

If you have over 700 messages in your new mail folder than you will need to click on the "open or re-scan your new mail" icon to get the mail to appear in your new mail folder.

If you have over 700 messages in your new mail folder than you will need to click on the "open or re-scan your new mail" icon to get the mail to appear in your new mail folder.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft