Community Discussions and Support
Transient error - job deferred for later processing

Certainly.

I'm submitting 5000 messages in rapid succession using a Java application which uses the javax.mail API.

The messages are small.... less than 1kb.

I can send and receive low volumes no problem.

Not sure what the temp directory is.... where do I find this in the config? I'm running with the install defaults btw and running the latest  version 4.62.

Anti-virus.... good thought! Yes, I do have real-time scanning going on. I've excluded the mercury directory and will test again tomorrow.

Thanks

<p>Certainly. </p><p> </p><p>I'm submitting 5000 messages in rapid succession using a Java application which uses the javax.mail API.</p><p>The messages are small.... less than 1kb.</p><p> I can send and receive low volumes no problem.</p><p>Not sure what the temp directory is.... where do I find this in the config? I'm running with the install defaults btw and running the latest  version 4.62.</p><p> Anti-virus.... good thought! Yes, I do have real-time scanning going on. I've excluded the mercury directory and will test again tomorrow.</p><p> Thanks </p>

I'm sending a large number of emails to a single Mercury user account as part of a stress test and I'm having a number of (presumably related) problems.

First, I see a large number of occurrences of the message "Transient error - job deferred for later processing" in the Core Process window.

Second, the QUEUE directory contains a large number of files, each apparently containing a message like "File rename failure for '<mailbox name>'.

These symptoms occur when the only activity is the submission of a large number of emails (using a simple application).

Any help much appreciated :-)

&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m sending a large number of emails to a single Mercury user account as part of a stress test and I&#039;m having a number of (presumably related) problems. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;First, I see a large number of occurrences of the message &quot;Transient error - job deferred for later processing&quot; in the Core Process window.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Second, the QUEUE directory contains a large number of files, each apparently containing a message like &quot;File rename failure for &#039;&amp;lt;mailbox name&amp;gt;&#039;.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;These symptoms occur when the only activity is the submission of a large number of emails (using a simple application).&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Any help much appreciated :-) &lt;/p&gt;

Could you give some more detail about this, like how are you submitting the messages? what is 'a large number'? how big are the messages? do you have real-time virus protection on the Mercury directories?

Also, are you able to send and receive messages normally in this installation?

File rename failures may be caused by a lack of disk space - what temp directory have you set up and how much free space is available?

&lt;p&gt;Could you give some more detail about this, like how are you submitting the messages? what is &#039;a large number&#039;? how big are the messages? do you have real-time virus protection on the Mercury directories?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; Also, are you able to send and receive messages normally in this installation?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;File rename failures may be caused by a lack of disk space - what temp directory have you set up and how much free space is available? &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft