Community Discussions and Support
File names for address books

[quote user="Henrydog"]

I have found files that are named ADDR13F8 and ADDR49DC that I can read with notepad. They have addresses in them. But when I start Pegasus, I don't have the address books! Suggestions?

[/quote]

Don't use any editor on those files.. They are NOT ascii. Once saved from an ascii editor, they are mangled and lost for Pegasus Mail. The files belong either in the Home Mailbox or in the Pegasus Mail program directory (which makes them systemwide) or in any other location pointed to by the environment variable PMR= (Most likeley you will not have this set).

When you have saved the files from notepad they will probably have the .txt extension added to the filename.

There must be 2 files per addressbook : ADDR13F8.PMR and ADDR13F8.PM! (basename may vary). If one of them is missing or corrupt, Pegasus Mail will fail to read the addressbook.

[quote user="Henrydog"]<p>I have found files that are named ADDR13F8 and ADDR49DC that I can read with notepad. They have addresses in them. But when I start Pegasus, I don't have the address books! Suggestions?</p><p> [/quote]</p><p>Don't use any editor on those files.. They are NOT ascii. Once saved from an ascii editor, they are mangled and lost for Pegasus Mail. The files belong either in the Home Mailbox or in the Pegasus Mail program directory (which makes them systemwide) or in any other location pointed to by the environment variable PMR= (Most likeley you will not have this set).</p><p>When you have saved the files from notepad they will probably have the .txt extension added to the filename.</p><p>There must be 2 files per addressbook : ADDR13F8.PMR and ADDR13F8.PM! (basename may vary). If one of them is missing or corrupt, Pegasus Mail will fail to read the addressbook.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

In an attempt to fix the "trojan dropper" problem (which I have fixed thanks to advice found here), I copied files from my pmail directory and uninstalled Pegasus. Then I tried to reinstall it using the install program from Pegasus site. I have gotten it reinstalled, but I seem to have lost my address books. What is the file name for directory books? And what sub-folder should they be in? Perhaps I never copied them over after my fix.

Art Layton, Stamford CT

<P>In an attempt to fix the "trojan dropper" problem (which I have fixed thanks to advice found here), I copied files from my pmail directory and uninstalled Pegasus. Then I tried to reinstall it using the install program from Pegasus site. I have gotten it reinstalled, but I seem to have lost my address books. What is the file name for directory books? And what sub-folder should they be in? Perhaps I never copied them over after my fix.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Art Layton, Stamford CT</P>

Pegasus Mail <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-0" style="background-color: Yellow; color: black;">address</layer> book files have the .PMR extension (and the corresponding index files are .PM!).

Here is a useful KB article that lists the various Pegasus Mail files and their extensions:

http://kbase.pmail.gen.nz/viewfull.cfm?ObjectID=57B946D6-DDCC-40D6-BD7B04F2816AC887

As

for the locations, I have to admit, since I use custom program and

mailbox locations, I forget what the defaults end up being.  What I would do is to look for where

your current PMAIL.INI file is located.  If you close Pegasus Mail and

then do a search, it should have a date/time stamp that is current -

copy your .PMR / .PM! files into that same mailbox folder where you find PMAIL.INI and restart Pegasus Mail.

&lt;p&gt;Pegasus Mail &lt;layer id=&quot;google-toolbar-hilite-0&quot; style=&quot;background-color: Yellow; color: black;&quot;&gt;address&lt;/layer&gt; book files have the .PMR extension (and the corresponding index files are .PM!).&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Here is a useful KB article that lists the various Pegasus Mail files and their extensions:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;http://kbase.pmail.gen.nz/viewfull.cfm?ObjectID=57B946D6-DDCC-40D6-BD7B04F2816AC887&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;As for the locations, I have to admit, since I use custom program and mailbox locations, I forget what the defaults end up being.&amp;nbsp; What I would do is to look for where your current PMAIL.INI file is located.&amp;nbsp; If you close Pegasus Mail and then do a search, it should have a date/time stamp that is current - copy your .PMR / .PM! files into that same mailbox folder where you find PMAIL.INI and restart Pegasus Mail.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;

I have found files that are named ADDR13F8 and ADDR49DC that I can read with notepad. They have addresses in them. But when I start Pegasus, I don't have the address books! Suggestions?

&lt;P&gt;I have found files that are named ADDR13F8 and ADDR49DC that I can read with notepad. They have addresses in them. But when I start Pegasus, I don&#039;t have the address books! Suggestions?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;

What folder are ADDR13F8.PMR and ADDR49DC.PMR located in?   When you are in Pegasus and click on the Help/About menu and then click on the Info button, are those address book files in the same folder that the Info dialog lists for your
"Home mailbox location"?

&lt;p&gt;What folder are ADDR13F8.PMR and ADDR49DC.PMR located in?&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; When you are in Pegasus and click on the Help/About menu and then click on the Info button, are those address book files in the same folder that the Info dialog lists for your &quot;Home mailbox location&quot;? &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft