Community Discussions and Support
AW: Kaspersky Internet Security

Hi all,

a few minutes ago I had a look at the Kaspersky Lab Forum following the keyword Pegasus, and I found the following suggestion (German first, then my translation):

Hallo und Willkommen im Forum,

im englischen Forum hat es

Anwendern mit diesem Problem anscheinend geholfen, winpm-32.exe als

vertrauenswürdige Anwendung mit der Option "Programmaktivität nicht

kontrollieren" zur Vertrauenswürdigen Zone hinzuzufügen.

===========

Hello and welcome to the forum,

it has apparently helped users in the English forum to move winpm-32.exe to the group of trustworthy applications and activate the option "don't control program activity".

============

...worked in my case, too, although I'd consider that solution as an ugly workaround - the Kasperskys should definitely do some debuggin' there!

Let's hope for the best!

Mathias

<p>Hi all,</p><p> </p><p>a few minutes ago I had a look at the Kaspersky Lab Forum following the keyword Pegasus, and I found the following suggestion (German first, then my translation):</p><p><i>Hallo und Willkommen im Forum, im englischen Forum hat es Anwendern mit diesem Problem anscheinend geholfen, winpm-32.exe als vertrauenswürdige Anwendung mit der Option "Programmaktivität nicht kontrollieren" zur Vertrauenswürdigen Zone hinzuzufügen.</i></p><p>=========== </p><p>Hello and welcome to the forum,</p><p>it has apparently helped users in the English forum to move winpm-32.exe to the group of trustworthy applications and activate the option "don't control program activity".</p><p> </p><p>============</p><p>...worked in my case, too, although I'd consider that solution as an ugly workaround - the Kasperskys should definitely do some debuggin' there!</p><p> </p><p>Let's hope for the best!</p><p>Mathias </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Win XP SP3 and Pegasus 4.41.

My security software of choice is Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (KIS). I've been using version 8.0.0.454 for some time with no problems.

Recently, Kaspersky released version 8.0.0.506 so I updated to this version and that's when a problem with Pegasus ocurred. The problem is with KIS, as, after deleting KIS 8.0.0.506 and re-installing version 8.0.0.454, the problem is gone and everything's back to normal.

With KIS 8.0.0.506 when I press the button to "Send all queued mail" an error notice pops up headed "SaveCfmt" with the text "Could not open the file" - the error notice has an "OK" button. On pressing OK, the queued mail is sent, but has no text, it's blank. I assume the error notice is from Pegasus, but a search of the Internet didn't bring up any information.

If I can find how or what to "register" with KIS to get Pegasus working again I'll give KIS 8.0.0.506 another try, but until then I'll have to stay with KIS 8.0.0.454. 

Just wondered if anyone else has encountered the same problem. 

--

Ian

<p>Win XP SP3 and Pegasus 4.41. </p><p>My security software of choice is Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (KIS). I've been using version 8.0.0.454 for some time with no problems. </p><p>Recently, Kaspersky released version 8.0.0.506 so I updated to this version and that's when a problem with Pegasus ocurred. The problem is with KIS, as, after deleting KIS 8.0.0.506 and re-installing version 8.0.0.454, the problem is gone and everything's back to normal. </p><p>With KIS 8.0.0.506 when I press the button to "Send all queued mail" an error notice pops up headed "SaveCfmt" with the text "Could not open the file" - the error notice has an "OK" button. On pressing OK, the queued mail is sent, but has no text, it's blank. I assume the error notice is from Pegasus, but a search of the Internet didn't bring up any information. </p><p>If I can find how or what to "register" with KIS to get Pegasus working again I'll give KIS 8.0.0.506 another try, but until then I'll have to stay with KIS 8.0.0.454. </p><p>Just wondered if anyone else has encountered the same problem.  </p><p> --</p><p>Ian </p><p> </p>

Sounds like Kaspersky is interfering with the Pegasus Mail directories. If you can, tell Kaspersky to ignore the Pegasus Mail directories for its real-time scanning. You can then either use my Virscan extension for Pegasus Mail to check incoming attachments as you try to open or  save them. Or you can save the attachments to a directory like My Documents, and let Kaspersky detect newcomers there.

Martin

<p>Sounds like Kaspersky is interfering with the Pegasus Mail directories. If you can, tell Kaspersky to ignore the Pegasus Mail directories for its real-time scanning. You can then either use my Virscan extension for Pegasus Mail to check incoming attachments as you try to open or  save them. Or you can save the attachments to a directory like My Documents, and let Kaspersky detect newcomers there.</p><p>Martin </p>

[quote user="gold1640"]

With KIS 8.0.0.506 when I press the button to "Send all queued mail" an error notice pops up headed "SaveCfmt" with the text "Could not open the file" - the error notice has an "OK" button. On pressing OK, the queued mail is sent, but has no text, it's blank. I assume the error notice is from Pegasus, but a search of the Internet didn't bring up any information.

Just wondered if anyone else has encountered the same problem. 

[/quote]
Hi Ian,

My OS is Vista 64 bit,  Pegasus version 4.41.

I just was trying out Kaspersky AV only (not KIS) and have had the same problem. Error message saying Could not open the file (but not always this error message) and blank emails sent. With the error message there is always blank content. Without an error message SOMETIMES there is blank content, as I discovered on testing to myself.

So I will uninstall it and try a different program. I have sent in a help request, but have not yet heard a reply. Your mail was sent months ago, so presuming that you have not had this resolved, I see no point in continuing the trial. This was a problem even when I stopped email scanning altogether. Also my mailbox and mail program are not even on the computer with Kaspersky installed.

Glad I found this before too much head bashing as the wall is getting to look very bruised.

Ellie

[quote user="gold1640"]<p>With KIS 8.0.0.506 when I press the button to "Send all queued mail" an error notice pops up headed "SaveCfmt" with the text "Could not open the file" - the error notice has an "OK" button. On pressing OK, the queued mail is sent, but has no text, it's blank. I assume the error notice is from Pegasus, but a search of the Internet didn't bring up any information. </p><p>Just wondered if anyone else has encountered the same problem.  </p><p>[/quote] Hi Ian,</p><p>My OS is Vista 64 bit,  Pegasus version 4.41. </p><p>I just was trying out Kaspersky AV only (not KIS) and have had the same problem. Error message saying Could not open the file (but not always this error message) and blank emails sent. With the error message there is always blank content. Without an error message SOMETIMES there is blank content, as I discovered on testing to myself.</p><p>So I will uninstall it and try a different program. I have sent in a help request, but have not yet heard a reply. Your mail was sent months ago, so presuming that you have not had this resolved, I see no point in continuing the trial. This was a problem even when I stopped email scanning altogether. Also my mailbox and mail program are not even on the computer with Kaspersky installed.</p><p>Glad I found this before too much head bashing as the wall is getting to look very bruised.</p><p>Ellie </p>

Hi Ian,

just bought KIS 2009 and ran into the same problem!  I cited your post to Kaspersy tech support & their forum hoping they will do something about this mess (at least they promise to keep their product up to date!).

Kind regards

Mathias

<p>Hi Ian,</p><p>just bought KIS 2009 and ran into the same problem!  I cited your post to Kaspersy tech support & their forum hoping they will do something about this mess (at least they promise to keep their product up to date!).</p><p> </p><p>Kind regards</p><p>Mathias </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft