Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Display text of annotations

Hi !

There is also this thread (which is more a generalization of the initial idea) :

http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/19897.aspx

Cheers !

Whiskyfizz.

<p>Hi !</p><p>There is also this thread (which is more a generalization of the initial idea) :</p><p><a href="/forums/thread/19897.aspx" mce_href="/forums/thread/19897.aspx">http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/19897.aspx</a></p><p>Cheers !</p><p>Whiskyfizz. </p>

When a folder is open, the list of emails is shown in columns beneath six 'headings':

Blank, From, Subject, Date/Time, Size, Blank.

Why cannot the final column be headed Annotations and show the text of any annotation?

This is the only thing that irks me about Pegasus.

I have searched several times for an answer but have never seen this discussed.

Many thanks.

<p>When a folder is open, the list of emails is shown in columns beneath six 'headings':</p><p>Blank, From, Subject, Date/Time, Size, Blank.</p><p>Why cannot the final column be headed Annotations and show the text of any annotation?</p><p>This is the only thing that irks me about Pegasus. </p><p> I have searched several times for an answer but have never seen this discussed. </p><p> Many thanks. </p><p> </p>

This is one of the things I personazlly would most like added to pegasus. 

I work at a university, I have resisted the tide around me to move to Outlook (and now more commonly to Mac software as people give up windows in frustration with bugs and slowness) for the past decade. I can site various things that pegasus does that none of the other main packages do.  Annotations is one of them. I use them occasionally but I would use them an awful lot more if they could be displayed in the columnated mail viewer. And now one receives so much email that anything that can help manage the deluge is a real plus.

<P><STRONG><EM>This is one of the things I personazlly would most like added to pegasus.</EM></STRONG>  </P> <P>I work at a university, I have resisted the tide around me to move to Outlook (and now more commonly to Mac software as people give up windows in frustration with bugs and slowness) for the past decade. I can site various things that pegasus does that none of the other main packages do.  Annotations is one of them. I use them occasionally but I would use them an awful lot more if they could be displayed in the columnated mail viewer. And now one receives so much email that anything that can help manage the deluge is a real plus. </P>

[quote user="Harry Bruhns"]

This is one of the things I personazlly would most like added to pegasus. 

I work at a university, I have resisted the tide around me to move to Outlook (and now more commonly to Mac software as people give up windows in frustration with bugs and slowness) for the past decade. I can site various things that pegasus does that none of the other main packages do.  Annotations is one of them. I use them occasionally but I would use them an awful lot more if they could be displayed in the columnated mail viewer. And now one receives so much email that anything that can help manage the deluge is a real plus.

[/quote]

I agree. Although I have to admit I've never used annotations myself, I can see the benefit of doing so and would probably start using them if this suggestion, which sounds like a really useful one to me, were implemented.

Cheers!
Steffan

[quote user="Harry Bruhns"]<p><b><i>This is one of the things I personazlly would most like added to pegasus.</i></b>  </p> <p>I work at a university, I have resisted the tide around me to move to Outlook (and now more commonly to Mac software as people give up windows in frustration with bugs and slowness) for the past decade. I can site various things that pegasus does that none of the other main packages do.  Annotations is one of them. I use them occasionally but I would use them an awful lot more if they could be displayed in the columnated mail viewer. And now one receives so much email that anything that can help manage the deluge is a real plus. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>I agree. Although I have to admit I've never used annotations myself, I can see the benefit of doing so and would probably start using them if this suggestion, which sounds like a really useful one to me, were implemented.</p><p>Cheers! Steffan </p>

[quote user="oonumberoo"]

When a folder is open, the list of emails is shown in columns beneath six 'headings':

Blank, From, Subject, Date/Time, Size, Blank.

Why cannot the final column be headed Annotations and show the text of any annotation?

This is the only thing that irks me about Pegasus.

I have searched several times for an answer but have never seen this discussed.

Many thanks. [/quote]

Oonumberoo and others,

I agree that the annotation section is definitely something worth expanding! There was quite an interesting thread on annotations suggestions, including a comment by David. You may want to check below

http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/17533.aspx

Cheers

Thomas

[quote user="oonumberoo"]<p>When a folder is open, the list of emails is shown in columns beneath six 'headings':</p><p>Blank, From, Subject, Date/Time, Size, Blank.</p><p>Why cannot the final column be headed Annotations and show the text of any annotation?</p><p>This is the only thing that irks me about Pegasus. </p><p> I have searched several times for an answer but have never seen this discussed. </p><p> Many thanks. [/quote]</p><p>Oonumberoo and others, I agree that the annotation section is definitely something worth expanding! There was quite an interesting thread on annotations suggestions, including a comment by David. You may want to check below <a href="/forums/thread/17533.aspx" title="http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/17533.aspx" target="_blank" mce_href="/forums/thread/17533.aspx">http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/17533.aspx</a> Cheers Thomas  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft