Community Discussions and Support
MercuryB Generated Email Error

[quote user="boc1580"]

I am able to subscribe and manage email lists through the email without problems.  I am also able to subscribe to mailing lists via the web interface and receive a confirmation.  However, when I try to unsubscribe the confirmation request message does not get sent.  Looking at the Core module logs and the error email generated to the postmaster, it appears the message has no from email address.  I looked into the template files and it appears the templates are only the message body.  Any idea where I can locate the setting to correct this error?

This mail comes from postmaster and uses the domain that shows in Configuration | Mercury core "Internet name for this system". 

Here's the raw view of the message I receive when I unsubscribe.

Received: from spooler by tstephenson.com (Mercury/32 v4.62); 18 Dec 2008 09:44:16 -0800
X-Envelope-To: test@tstephenson.com
To: test@tstephenson.com
Subject: Unsubscription information
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:44:13 -0800
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-type: Text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
X-Text-Classification: good
X-POPFile-Link: http://192.168.1.2:8080/jump_to_message?view=24534
X-Recipient: test@tstephenson.com
X-PMFLAGS: 34078848 0 1 YIIVWBBL.CNM                       

Farewell from the testlist@tstephenson.com (Test Digest List) mailing list.

Your subscription to this list has been closed down, either in response
to an explicit request from your e-mail address, or to a command from the
list's moderator.

If you wish to re-subscribe to this list in future, please send a mail
message to maiser@tstephenson.com, containing the following two lines:

SUBSCRIBE TestList test
   EXIT

Best regards,
The List Management.

Thank you,

Chris Anderson

[/quote]
[quote user="boc1580"]<blockquote><p>I am able to subscribe and manage email lists through the email without problems.  I am also able to subscribe to mailing lists via the web interface and receive a confirmation.  However, when I try to unsubscribe the confirmation request message does not get sent.  Looking at the Core module logs and the error email generated to the postmaster, it appears the message has no from email address.  I looked into the template files and it appears the templates are only the message body.  Any idea where I can locate the setting to correct this error?</p></blockquote><p> This mail comes from postmaster and uses the domain that shows in Configuration | Mercury core "Internet name for this system".  </p><p> Here's the raw view of the message I receive when I unsubscribe.</p><p>Received: from spooler by tstephenson.com (Mercury/32 v4.62); 18 Dec 2008 09:44:16 -0800 X-Envelope-To: test@tstephenson.com From: postmaster@tstephenson.com To: test@tstephenson.com Subject: Unsubscription information Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:44:13 -0800 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: Text/plain; charset=US-ASCII X-Text-Classification: good X-POPFile-Link: http://192.168.1.2:8080/jump_to_message?view=24534 X-Recipient: test@tstephenson.com X-PMFLAGS: 34078848 0 1 YIIVWBBL.CNM                        Farewell from the testlist@tstephenson.com (Test Digest List) mailing list. Your subscription to this list has been closed down, either in response to an explicit request from your e-mail address, or to a command from the list's moderator. If you wish to re-subscribe to this list in future, please send a mail message to maiser@tstephenson.com, containing the following two lines:    SUBSCRIBE TestList test    EXIT Best regards, The List Management.  </p><blockquote><p>Thank you,</p><p>Chris Anderson </p></blockquote>[/quote]

I am able to subscribe and manage email lists through the email without problems.  I am also able to subscribe to mailing lists via the web interface and receive a confirmation.  However, when I try to unsubscribe the confirmation request message does not get sent.  Looking at the Core module logs and the error email generated to the postmaster, it appears the message has no from email address.  I looked into the template files and it appears the templates are only the message body.  Any idea where I can locate the setting to correct this error?

Thank you,

Chris Anderson

<p>I am able to subscribe and manage email lists through the email without problems.  I am also able to subscribe to mailing lists via the web interface and receive a confirmation.  However, when I try to unsubscribe the confirmation request message does not get sent.  Looking at the Core module logs and the error email generated to the postmaster, it appears the message has no from email address.  I looked into the template files and it appears the templates are only the message body.  Any idea where I can locate the setting to correct this error?</p><p> </p><p>Thank you,</p><p>Chris Anderson </p>

I don't remember if the farewell message from address is maiser or if it is the list name

<P>I don't remember if the farewell message from address is maiser or if it is the list name</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft