Community Discussions and Support
clear mail on host

Hi Thomas

Got some files back but not all? many are ones I deleted some time back.  Pegasus is now working, I must move on, so much time
wasted.

Many thanks for your help and patience.

Happy Christmas to you and yours Thomas

<p>Hi Thomas</p><p>Got some files back but not all? many are ones I deleted some time back.  Pegasus is now working, I must move on, so much time wasted.</p><p>Many thanks for your help and patience.</p><p> </p><p>Happy Christmas to you and yours Thomas </p><p> </p>

Help please.

Although I have ticked the (clear mail from host after download) PM does not and keeps downloading the same mails over and over.  I cannot access recent mails? How can I overcome this?

Thanks in advance for any help

Maurice(UK)

<p>Help please.</p><p>Although I have ticked the (clear mail from host after download) PM does not and keeps downloading the same mails over and over.  I cannot access recent mails? How can I overcome this?</p><p>Thanks in advance for any help</p><p>Maurice(UK) </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>  </p>

[quote user="mauriceuk"]

Help please.

Although I have ticked the (clear mail from host after download) PM does not and keeps downloading the same mails over and over.  I cannot access recent mails? How can I overcome this?

Not sure but i suspect that the system is not finishing properly and the deletes are removed.  Try using the File | Selective mail download to get the mail.  There might be a really huge file on the server that is causing the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

Maurice(UK)

[/quote]

[quote user="mauriceuk"]<blockquote><p>Help please.</p><p>Although I have ticked the (clear mail from host after download) PM does not and keeps downloading the same mails over and over.  I cannot access recent mails? How can I overcome this?</p></blockquote><p>Not sure but i suspect that the system is not finishing properly and the deletes are removed.  Try using the File | Selective mail download to get the mail.  There might be a really huge file on the server that is causing the problem. </p><blockquote><p>Thanks in advance for any help</p><p>Maurice(UK) </p></blockquote><p> [/quote]</p>

Hi Thomas

Tried that..no good. PM freezes half way through download  and opening again is longer with the mails from previous attempt. Now My mail folders have gone? just new mail folder and junk folder. Only thing I can think of now is to uninstall and re-install/ what do you think?

Regards

maurice(UK)

<p>Hi Thomas</p><p>Tried that..no good. PM freezes half way through download  and opening again is longer with the mails from previous attempt. Now My mail folders have gone? just new mail folder and junk folder. Only thing I can think of now is to uninstall and re-install/ what do you think?</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>maurice(UK) </p>

[quote user="mauriceuk"]

Hi Thomas

Tried that..no good. PM freezes half way through download  and opening again is longer with the mails from previous attempt. Now My mail folders have gone? just new mail folder and junk folder. Only thing I can think of now is to uninstall and re-install/ what do you think?

You can do that but unless you also delete pmail.ini, state.pmj and hierarch.pm you will not affect any setup data you have in the mail directories.  Of course if you uninstall and delete the entire directory structure then you would be installing as a new install.

Regards

maurice(UK)

[/quote]
[quote user="mauriceuk"]<blockquote><p>Hi Thomas</p><p>Tried that..no good. PM freezes half way through download  and opening again is longer with the mails from previous attempt. Now My mail folders have gone? just new mail folder and junk folder. Only thing I can think of now is to uninstall and re-install/ what do you think?</p></blockquote><p> You can do that but unless you also delete pmail.ini, state.pmj and hierarch.pm you will not affect any setup data you have in the mail directories.  Of course if you uninstall and delete the entire directory structure then you would be installing as a new install. </p><blockquote><p>Regards</p><p>maurice(UK) </p></blockquote>[/quote]

That sounds like a no no option then!

It is my file folders I want to retrieve...any way I can do that?  In Windows XP in explre I can access PM what file names should  I look for to get folders back?

Thanks Thomas

<p>That sounds like a no no option then!</p><p>It is my file folders I want to retrieve...any way I can do that?  In Windows XP in explre I can access PM what file names should  I look for to get folders back?</p><p>Thanks Thomas </p><p> </p>

> That sounds like a no no option then!
>
> It is my file folders I want to retrieve...any way I can do that?  In
> Windows XP in explre I can access PM what file names should  I look for
> to get folders back?

Try  the following procedure.  This has worked for several others to restore
the functionality of the  message folders:  

1.  Use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info to determine your mail
    directory.  Exit Pegasus mail.

2.  Rename the file HIERARCH.PM in your HOME mail directory to
    HIERARCH.SAV.

3.  Run WinPMail.  Your HIERARCH.PM will be re-created and should
    start working correctly.

Note:  This will delete any tray structure you have created and it
           will have to be recreated.  The process will not affect any
           mail of mail folders you have, it only affects the display of
           the folders.   

> That sounds like a no no option then! > > It is my file folders I want to retrieve...any way I can do that?  In > Windows XP in explre I can access PM what file names should  I look for > to get folders back? Try  the following procedure.  This has worked for several others to restore the functionality of the  message folders:   1.  Use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info to determine your mail     directory.  Exit Pegasus mail. 2.  Rename the file HIERARCH.PM in your HOME mail directory to     HIERARCH.SAV. 3.  Run WinPMail.  Your HIERARCH.PM will be re-created and should     start working correctly. Note:  This will delete any tray structure you have created and it            will have to be recreated.  The process will not affect any            mail of mail folders you have, it only affects the display of            the folders.   

have done what you said and now I get this on opening PM...Still no files, guess I have not done it correctly.

Pegasus Mail has encountered an operating system error while attempting to load the extension 'Autoload'. The error code returned by Windows was: "The specified module could not be found.
".)

Sorry Thomas

<p>have done what you said and now I get this on opening PM...Still no files, guess I have not done it correctly.</p><p>Pegasus Mail has encountered an operating system error while attempting to load the extension 'Autoload'. The error code returned by Windows was: "The specified module could not be found. ".)</p><p> </p><p>Sorry Thomas </p>

[quote user="mauriceuk"]

have done what you said and now I get this on opening PM...Still no files, guess I have not done it correctly.

Pegasus Mail has encountered an operating system error while attempting to load the extension 'Autoload'. The error code returned by Windows was: "The specified module could not be found.
".)

Autoload is not a WinPMail extension I know about.  What else have you loaded in WinPMail?

Now you might need to install in an entrely different directory and move the *.PMM & *.PMI files from the current new mail directory to the new setups mail box location.  Make sure you do this when the program is not running.

Sorry Thomas

[/quote]
[quote user="mauriceuk"]<blockquote><p>have done what you said and now I get this on opening PM...Still no files, guess I have not done it correctly.</p><p>Pegasus Mail has encountered an operating system error while attempting to load the extension 'Autoload'. The error code returned by Windows was: "The specified module could not be found. ".)</p></blockquote><p> Autoload is not a WinPMail extension I know about.  What else have you loaded in WinPMail?</p><p>Now you might need to install in an entrely different directory and move the *.PMM & *.PMI files from the current new mail directory to the new setups mail box location.  Make sure you do this when the program is not running.</p><blockquote><p>Sorry Thomas </p></blockquote>[/quote]

Thomas.

I don;t recall adding anything( autoload)?

Below is what shows in "About PM"

WinPMail version: Version 4.41 (Win32), Jul 16 2006

Language resources: Standard UK English resource set

Extension Manager version: 1.13

Operating mode: Standalone

User name and ID: Single-user mode, 0

Windows version: 5.0

Windows flag word: 0

WINPMAIL.EXE directory: C:\old drive\PMAIL

Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL

New mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL

TMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\Maurice\LOCALS~1\Temp

TEMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\Maurice\LOCALS~1\Temp

LAN-based SMTP support: N, N, N

NetWare MHS support: N, N, N

Built-in TCP/IP support: Enabled

- WINSOCK version: WinSock 2.0

- WINSOCK path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WSOCK32.DLL

Commandline: -roam

Active -Z options: 32768

PMR variable: (None)

PML variable: (None)

MAI variable: (None)

NB variable: (None)

How would I create another directory as a temp to see if what your last reply works?

I thank you for your patience, as I am stumped hereQ

<p> Thomas.</p><p>I don;t recall adding anything( autoload)?</p><p>Below is what shows in "About PM" </p><p>WinPMail version: Version 4.41 (Win32), Jul 16 2006 Language resources: Standard UK English resource set Extension Manager version: 1.13 Operating mode: Standalone User name and ID: Single-user mode, 0 Windows version: 5.0 Windows flag word: 0 WINPMAIL.EXE directory: C:\old drive\PMAIL Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL New mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL TMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\Maurice\LOCALS~1\Temp TEMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\Maurice\LOCALS~1\Temp LAN-based SMTP support: N, N, N NetWare MHS support: N, N, N Built-in TCP/IP support: Enabled - WINSOCK version: WinSock 2.0 - WINSOCK path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WSOCK32.DLL Commandline: -roam Active -Z options: 32768 PMR variable: (None) PML variable: (None) MAI variable: (None) NB variable: (None) </p><p>How would I create another directory as a temp to see if what your last reply works?</p><p>I thank you for your patience, as I am stumped hereQ </p>

> Thomas.
>
> I don;t recall adding anything( autoload)?
>
> Below is what shows in "About PM"
>
> WinPMail version: Version 4.41 (Win32), Jul 16 2006
> Language resources: Standard UK English resource set
> Extension Manager version: 1.13 Operating mode:
> Standalone User name and ID: Single-user mode, 0
> Windows version: 5.0 Windows flag word: 0
> WINPMAIL.EXE directory: C:\old drive\PMAIL
> Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL
> New mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL
> TMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\Maurice\LOCALS~1\Temp
> TEMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\Maurice\LOCALS~1\Temp
> LAN-based SMTP support: N, N, N
> NetWare MHS support: N, N, N
> Built-in TCP/IP support: Enabled
> - WINSOCK version: WinSock 2.0
> - WINSOCK path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WSOCK32.DLL
> Commandline: -roam
> Active -Z options: 32768
> PMR variable: (None)
> PML variable: (None)
> MAI variable: (None)
> NB variable: (None)
>
> How would I create another directory as a temp to see if what your last reply works?

1.    Run the WinPMail installer and install to c:\pmail441 and use c:\pmail441\mail as the mailbox location.  

2.    After you get it installed use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info and verify the HOME and NEW mail directory location.  It's probably going to be c:\pmail441\mail\admin.

3.    Exit WinPMail.

4.    Copy all the *.PMI and *.PMM  files from c:\pmail\mail to the HOME mail directory location shown in step 2.

5.    Run WinPMail.

>
> I thank you for your patience, as I am stumped hereQ

> Thomas. > > I don;t recall adding anything( autoload)? > > Below is what shows in "About PM" > > WinPMail version: Version 4.41 (Win32), Jul 16 2006 > Language resources: Standard UK English resource set > Extension Manager version: 1.13 Operating mode: > Standalone User name and ID: Single-user mode, 0 > Windows version: 5.0 Windows flag word: 0 > WINPMAIL.EXE directory: C:\old drive\PMAIL > Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL > New mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL > TMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\Maurice\LOCALS~1\Temp > TEMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\Maurice\LOCALS~1\Temp > LAN-based SMTP support: N, N, N > NetWare MHS support: N, N, N > Built-in TCP/IP support: Enabled > - WINSOCK version: WinSock 2.0 > - WINSOCK path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WSOCK32.DLL > Commandline: -roam > Active -Z options: 32768 > PMR variable: (None) > PML variable: (None) > MAI variable: (None) > NB variable: (None) > > How would I create another directory as a temp to see if what your last reply works? 1.    Run the WinPMail installer and install to c:\pmail441 and use c:\pmail441\mail as the mailbox location.   2.    After you get it installed use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info and verify the HOME and NEW mail directory location.  It's probably going to be c:\pmail441\mail\admin. 3.    Exit WinPMail. 4.    Copy all the *.PMI and *.PMM  files from c:\pmail\mail to the HOME mail directory location shown in step 2. 5.    Run WinPMail. > > I thank you for your patience, as I am stumped hereQ

[quote user="mauriceuk"]

Where do i get the WinPMail installer from Thomas.

http://www.pmail.com

[/quote]

<p>[quote user="mauriceuk"]</p><blockquote>Where do i get the WinPMail installer from Thomas.</blockquote><p><a href="http://www.pmail.com" title="http://www.pmail.com" mce_href="http://www.pmail.com"> http://www.pmail.com</a></p><p>[/quote]</p>

Nothing worked and now I must face the fact that all my files are lost..I don't know what the mail files are called to look for them.

Anyway Thomas I must not take any more of your time and truely thank you for your patience in this sorry matter.

<p>Nothing worked and now I must face the fact that all my files are lost..I don't know what the mail files are called to look for them.</p><p>Anyway Thomas I must not take any more of your time and truely thank you for your patience in this sorry matter. </p>

Nothing worked and now I must face the fact that all my files are

lost..I don't know what the mail files are called to look for them.

Use "My computer" and search for files called *.PMM and *.PMI, these are the mail folders.  These are normally in the HOME mail directory.  If you do a new install you can put them into the new HOME mail directory when the program is not running and they will show up the next time it is run.

<blockquote>Nothing worked and now I must face the fact that all my files are lost..I don't know what the mail files are called to look for them.</blockquote><p>Use "My computer" and search for files called *.PMM and *.PMI, these are the mail folders.  These are normally in the HOME mail directory.  If you do a new install you can put them into the new HOME mail directory when the program is not running and they will show up the next time it is run.</p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft