Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Filter Modification - Scan List should include Receiver option

[quote user="David Harris"][quote user="Coach"]

The scan list filter option is limited to checking a list against a listed sender. 

I'd like to see it check against a receiver if that option is selected. 

[/quote]

It's a fair enough request and not at all difficult to add. Jog my memory about this once you start seeing messages here indicating that feature development has begun again (I've almost finished the accused code port and update).

Cheers!

-- David --

[/quote]

I'm not Coach but is it okay if I jog your memory about this (and that I do so at this point in time)?

Cheers :-)
Steffan

[quote user="David Harris"][quote user="Coach"]<p>The scan list filter option is limited to checking a list against a listed sender.  </p> <p>I'd like to see it check against a receiver if that option is selected.  </p><p>[/quote] It's a fair enough request and not at all difficult to add. Jog my memory about this once you start seeing messages here indicating that feature development has begun again (I've almost finished the accused code port and update). Cheers! -- David -- [/quote]</p><p>I'm not Coach but is it okay if I jog your memory about this (and that I do so at this point in time)?</p><p>Cheers :-) Steffan </p>

Hi!

The scan list filter option is limited to checking a list against a listed sender. 

I'm a solo user with multiple addresses and own a domain too - hence all mail addressed to that domain comes to me. 

I'd like to put all known e-mails into a simple list and have this feature check against it. 

Ideally, I'd also like to have the feature look for anything on the list that matches either the header, body of both.  I'm tired of having to create a special line for filtering something and would just like to add it to the list and move on.

Coach

<P>Hi!</P> <P>The scan list filter option is limited to checking a list against a listed sender.  </P> <P>I'd like to see it check against a receiver if that option is selected.  </P> <P>I'm a solo user with multiple addresses and own a domain too - hence all mail addressed to that domain comes to me.  </P> <P>I'd like to put all known e-mails into a simple list and have this feature check against it.  </P> <P>Ideally, I'd also like to have the feature look for anything on the list that matches either the header, body of both.  I'm tired of having to create a special line for filtering something and would just like to add it to the list and move on.</P> <P>Coach</P>

I think it's already in the program, but not quite sure if it's exactly what you want.

Open the message and on the To: address right mouse and choose ADD to Dlist. Is that what you mean?

<p>I think it's already in the program, but not quite sure if it's exactly what you want. </p><p>Open the message and on the To: address right mouse and choose ADD to Dlist. Is that what you mean?</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Now the scan list filter verify the sender only (From, reply to). It could be usefull if the scan can be apply to To, CC, BCC header...

Now the scan list filter verify the sender only (From, reply to). It could be usefull if the scan can be apply to To, CC, BCC header...

[quote user="Coach"]

[/quote]

It's a fair enough request and not at all difficult to add. Jog my memory about this once you start seeing messages here indicating that feature development has begun again (I've almost finished the accused code port and update).

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="Coach"]<p>The scan list filter option is limited to checking a list against a listed sender.  </p> <p>I'd like to see it check against a receiver if that option is selected.  </p>[/quote] It's a fair enough request and not at all difficult to add. Jog my memory about this once you start seeing messages here indicating that feature development has begun again (I've almost finished the accused code port and update). Cheers! -- David --

[quote user="David Harris"][quote user="Coach"]

[/quote]

Cheers!

-- David --

[/quote]

I shall do so David,

Can you give me a rough time frame as to when I should do this?

Coach

[quote user="David Harris"][quote user="Coach"] <P>The scan list filter option is limited to checking a list against a listed sender.  </P> <P>I'd like to see it check against a receiver if that option is selected.  </P> <P>[/quote] It's a fair enough request and not at all difficult to add. Jog my memory about this once you start seeing messages here indicating that feature development has begun again (I've almost finished the accused code port and update). Cheers! -- David -- [/quote] </P> <P>I shall do so David,</P> <P>Can you give me a <STRONG><EM>rough</EM></STRONG> time frame as to when I should do this?</P> <P>Coach</P>

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]

I think it's already in the program, but not quite sure if it's exactly what you want.

Open the message and on the To: address right mouse and choose ADD to Dlist. Is that what you mean?

[/quote] Hi Han!

Good to put a face with your typed word.

This is a filter feature.  "Scan list" is limited to comparing against sender only.  I'd like to see it check against receiver, and all the other fields if possible. 

David got it right in his response and I'm glad to know it would be easy to do and will be donne with some reminding :-).

Thanks for responding.

Coach

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"] <P>I think it's already in the program, but not quite sure if it's exactly what you want. </P> <P>Open the message and on the To: address right mouse and choose ADD to Dlist. Is that what you mean?</P> <P> </P> <P>[/quote] Hi Han! </P> <P>Good to put a face with your typed word.</P> <P>This is a filter feature.  "Scan list" is limited to comparing against sender only.  I'd like to see it check against receiver, and all the other fields if possible. </P> <P> David got it right in his response and I'm glad to know it would be easy to do and will be donne with some reminding :-).</P> <P>Thanks for responding.</P> <P>Coach</P>

I was about to suggest that being able to use the scan list option for copy-to-self mail filtering would be really convenient, because at present I need 7 rules to accomplish this for a group of friends I exchange mail with on a regular basis. But I remembered just in time to check this forum to see if it had been suggested before and whaddya know :-)

Cheers!
Steffan

<p>I was about to suggest that being able to use the scan list option for copy-to-self mail filtering would be really convenient, because at present I need 7 rules to accomplish this for a group of friends I exchange mail with on a regular basis. But I remembered just in time to check this forum to see if it had been suggested before and whaddya know :-) </p><p>Cheers! Steffan </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft