Community Discussions and Support
File creation error. - Network Error; delivering anyway.

My Distributing POP3 Client has been set to download mail for three accounts on my ISP's server.  Two are working correctly, but one results in the message "File creation error. - Network Error; delivering anyway." when polling takes place.  There is mail for that account, but it is being left on my ISP's server.

Any ideas what may be causing this and what the solution might be?

Prior to this, all accounts have functioned correctly for many months.

Thank you

GordonM

Further Comment

Further to the above, I have now set up a normal POP3 account on Outlook Express for the problem account.  This manages to pull down all of the mail except, possibly, one message.  I receive an error message, saying:

Message number 1 could not be retrieved. Account: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR problem retrieving message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

Maybe one of the messages on the server has been corrupted.

Problem Solved

It seems that there was a problem with one message on the server.  I downloaded all of the messages for the problem account, without leaving messages on the server.  I then received the error message noted above.  I then went into the account using my ISP's webmail app and one message was left behind.  I delted this.  I then sent a test message to the account and Mercury was able to download it.  I have no idea what was wrong with the message that I had to delete, as I had no means of analyzing it through webmail.

<P>My Distributing POP3 Client has been set to download mail for three accounts on my ISP's server.  Two are working correctly, but one results in the message "File creation error. - Network Error; delivering anyway." when polling takes place.  There is mail for that account, but it is being left on my ISP's server.</P> <P> Any ideas what may be causing this and what the solution might be?</P> <P>Prior to this, all accounts have functioned correctly for many months.</P> <P> Thank you</P> <P>GordonM</P> <P> <U><STRONG>Further Comment</STRONG></U></P> <P>Further to the above, I have now set up a normal POP3 account on Outlook Express for the problem account.  This manages to pull down all of the mail except, possibly, one message.  I receive an error message, saying:</P> <P> <FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Message number 1 could not be retrieved. Account: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR problem retrieving message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD</FONT></P> <P>Maybe one of the messages on the server has been corrupted.</P> <P><STRONG><U>Problem Solved</U></STRONG></P> <P>It seems that there was a problem with one message on the server.  I downloaded all of the messages for the problem account, without leaving messages on the server.  I then received the error message noted above.  I then went into the account using my ISP's webmail app and one message was left behind.  I delted this.  I then sent a test message to the account and Mercury was able to download it.  I have no idea what was wrong with the message that I had to delete, as I had no means of analyzing it through webmail.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft