Community Discussions and Support
HTML in Version 4.41

[quote user="Goody"]

I am trying out Pegasus as a possible client from TheBat which is driving me nuts with bugs.  When receiving HTML (from vendors) I have to manually select  images in the message to be downloaded. Selected messages will not download images and will stay on the preview screen. I have to go to another folder to clear the screen.  When coming back to the previous message that I tried to load images from, it is still has not loaded images and again will sit there until I switch views. 

1. What should I check to see why the images are not downloading?

Not sure why the images are not downloading, could be they are being blocked.

2. Why does the message remain in the preview area even though I have selected a new message in the same directory?

Again not sure what yuo are seeing  since when I select the next message it displays.  The is one thing I would check though.  Got to Tools | Options | Advanced and set the winsock to load always.

3. How can I load images automatically without manual intervention ?

Tools | Options | Message reader and selection the option you want

From the help:

Handling remote-linked graphics in incoming mail

An increasing number of mail messages arriving in your mailbox are likely to be HTML  messages containing graphics. In a perfect world, all these messages would be what is known as MHTML messages, or messages using specially constructed HTML data that allows any graphics referenced in the message to be contained in the message as well. Unfortunately, laziness and ignorance on the part of many sites generating these messages means that a significant number of them will not be formatted correctly, but will contain remote graphic links - that is, links that will require your mail program to establish a connection to a remote site to retrieve the graphics they represent.

Remote-linked graphics are a really bad thing, for two key reasons: the first is that they mean the message can only be viewed correctly when you are online: if you want to view the message while you're away from an Internet link, you typically will not be able to see it in its correct form. By contrast, properly-packaged MHTML messages are always viewable and require no further connection or waste of bandwidth to retrieve their graphics.

Much more seriously, though, remote-linked graphics present an insidious and extremely dangerous opportunity for unscrupulous senders to invade your privacy: by giving the remote link a few simple characteristics, it is possible for the sender to gain a considerable amount of information about anyone who downloads the graphics as they read the message. The information that can be derived includes: the fact that you have read the message; the time and date you read the message; how often you read it; whether you forwarded it to someone else; your computer's IP address; your geographical location (certainly your city location, but potentially down to the street level). Over time, this information can be tracked to build a profile of your online behaviour and the type of mail you read. And just in case you didn't get it the first time, all this information can be derived simply because when you read the message, your mail program retrieved the remote-linked graphics it contained.

Here at Pegasus Mail, we think remote-linked graphics in e-mail are a serious and much under-rated security threat: for this reason, Pegasus Mail will *never* automatically download any remote-linked graphics in an e-mail message unless you have specifically told it to do so. We accept that there are some occasions where you know the sender of the message and can be fairly sure of that person's integrity, or where you have decided that the risks are acceptable; in such cases, Pegasus Mail allows you to right-click the message and choose Show pictures, at which point it will go away and retrieve any remote-linked graphics it contains (note that graphics in proper MHTML messages are always displayed correctly and automatically, and entail no privacy risks). You can also indicate that certain senders are always to be trusted, and that Pegasus Mail can automatically download remote-linked graphics in mail from those senders if it senses that you are online.

To indicate that a particular sender's remote-linked graphics should be downloaded automatically, click the Exceptions button in the Display remote-linked graphics... control group on this page and add the address of the sender in the dialog that opens. From the time you do this, Pegasus Mail will automatically behave as if you have right-clicked the message and chosen Show pictures every time it displays messages from that sender.

Automatically if a connection exists
  Rather against our better judgment, we have allowed ourselves to be persuaded to add a setting that tells Pegasus Mail it should always attempt to display remote-linked graphics in any message, if it detects that an Internet connection exists. We recommend in the strongest terms that you think very hard before enabling this option - we are not being completely paranoid about this, you really *do* expose yourself to severe invasion of privacy by doing so. You have been warned.

Goody

[/quote]
[quote user="Goody"]<blockquote><p>I am trying out Pegasus as a possible client from TheBat which is driving me nuts with bugs.  When receiving HTML (from vendors) I have to manually select  images in the message to be downloaded. Selected messages will not download images and will stay on the preview screen. I have to go to another folder to clear the screen.  When coming back to the previous message that I tried to load images from, it is still has not loaded images and again will sit there until I switch views.  </p><p>1. What should I check to see why the images are not downloading?</p></blockquote><p>Not sure why the images are not downloading, could be they are being blocked. </p><blockquote><p>2. Why does the message remain in the preview area even though I have selected a new message in the same directory?</p></blockquote><p>Again not sure what yuo are seeing  since when I select the next message it displays.  The is one thing I would check though.  Got to Tools | Options | Advanced and set the winsock to load always. </p><blockquote><p>3. How can I load images automatically without manual intervention ?</p></blockquote><p>Tools | Options | Message reader and selection the option you want </p><p>From the help:</p><p>Handling remote-linked graphics in incoming mail An increasing number of mail messages arriving in your mailbox are likely to be HTML  messages containing graphics. In a perfect world, all these messages would be what is known as MHTML messages, or messages using specially constructed HTML data that allows any graphics referenced in the message to be contained in the message as well. Unfortunately, laziness and ignorance on the part of many sites generating these messages means that a significant number of them will not be formatted correctly, but will contain remote graphic links - that is, links that will require your mail program to establish a connection to a remote site to retrieve the graphics they represent. Remote-linked graphics are a really bad thing, for two key reasons: the first is that they mean the message can only be viewed correctly when you are online: if you want to view the message while you're away from an Internet link, you typically will not be able to see it in its correct form. By contrast, properly-packaged MHTML messages are always viewable and require no further connection or waste of bandwidth to retrieve their graphics. Much more seriously, though, remote-linked graphics present an insidious and extremely dangerous opportunity for unscrupulous senders to invade your privacy: by giving the remote link a few simple characteristics, it is possible for the sender to gain a considerable amount of information about anyone who downloads the graphics as they read the message. The information that can be derived includes: the fact that you have read the message; the time and date you read the message; how often you read it; whether you forwarded it to someone else; your computer's IP address; your geographical location (certainly your city location, but potentially down to the street level). Over time, this information can be tracked to build a profile of your online behaviour and the type of mail you read. And just in case you didn't get it the first time, all this information can be derived simply because when you read the message, your mail program retrieved the remote-linked graphics it contained. Here at Pegasus Mail, we think remote-linked graphics in e-mail are a serious and much under-rated security threat: for this reason, Pegasus Mail will *never* automatically download any remote-linked graphics in an e-mail message unless you have specifically told it to do so. We accept that there are some occasions where you know the sender of the message and can be fairly sure of that person's integrity, or where you have decided that the risks are acceptable; in such cases, Pegasus Mail allows you to right-click the message and choose Show pictures, at which point it will go away and retrieve any remote-linked graphics it contains (note that graphics in proper MHTML messages are always displayed correctly and automatically, and entail no privacy risks). You can also indicate that certain senders are always to be trusted, and that Pegasus Mail can automatically download remote-linked graphics in mail from those senders if it senses that you are online. To indicate that a particular sender's remote-linked graphics should be downloaded automatically, click the Exceptions button in the Display remote-linked graphics... control group on this page and add the address of the sender in the dialog that opens. From the time you do this, Pegasus Mail will automatically behave as if you have right-clicked the message and chosen Show pictures every time it displays messages from that sender. <b> Automatically if a connection exists</b>  Rather against our better judgment, we have allowed ourselves to be persuaded to add a setting that tells Pegasus Mail it should always attempt to display remote-linked graphics in any message, if it detects that an Internet connection exists. We recommend in the strongest terms that you think very hard before enabling this option - we are not being completely paranoid about this, you really *do* expose yourself to severe invasion of privacy by doing so. You have been warned. </p><blockquote><p>Goody </p></blockquote>[/quote]

I am trying out Pegasus as a possible client from TheBat which is driving me nuts with bugs.  When receiving HTML (from vendors) I have to manually select  images in the message to be downloaded. Selected messages will not download images and will stay on the preview screen. I have to go to another folder to clear the screen.  When coming back to the previous message that I tried to load images from, it is still has not loaded images and again will sit there until I switch views. 

1. What should I check to see why the images are not downloading?

2. Why does the message remain in the preview area even though I have selected a new message in the same directory?

3. How can I load images automatically without manual intervention ?

Goody

<p>I am trying out Pegasus as a possible client from TheBat which is driving me nuts with bugs.  When receiving HTML (from vendors) I have to manually select  images in the message to be downloaded. Selected messages will not download images and will stay on the preview screen. I have to go to another folder to clear the screen.  When coming back to the previous message that I tried to load images from, it is still has not loaded images and again will sit there until I switch views.  </p><p>1. What should I check to see why the images are not downloading?</p><p>2. Why does the message remain in the preview area even though I have selected a new message in the same directory? </p><p>3. How can I load images automatically without manual intervention ?</p><p>Goody </p>

Go to menu Tools/Options/Incoming mail/Message reader and select "Display remote graphics automatically if a connection exists"

Martin

<p>Go to menu Tools/Options/Incoming mail/Message reader and select "Display remote graphics automatically if a connection exists"</p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft