Community Discussions and Support
Sv: Pegasus incompatible with Acrobat reader?

I managed to get Pegasus running again after I killed runddl32.exe. But

I do not know which program used this dll. Anybody any idea what

program is incompatibel with Pegasus and uses rundll32.exe? Or does

anyone know how to see which program called this dll?

The does exactly what it says, it runs a dll as a program.  You can checkout http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/rundll32.htm for more details but if this is called by WinPMail calling a Windows function and it crashes then WinPMail will be closed by the OS to restore the system.  This was what was happening with Acrobat calling the shell with invalid parameters when WinPMail asked the OS to add an attachment.  Obviously Acrobat does things by sitting between the programs and the OS.
<blockquote>I managed to get Pegasus running again after I killed runddl32.exe. But I do not know which program used this dll. Anybody any idea what program is incompatibel with Pegasus and uses rundll32.exe? Or does anyone know how to see which program called this dll?</blockquote>The does exactly what it says, it runs a dll as a program.  You can checkout <a href="http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/rundll32.htm" title="http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/rundll32.htm" mce_href="http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/rundll32.htm">http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/rundll32.htm </a>for more details but if this is called by WinPMail calling a Windows function and it crashes then WinPMail will be closed by the OS to restore the system.  This was what was happening with Acrobat calling the shell with invalid parameters when WinPMail asked the OS to add an attachment.  Obviously Acrobat does things by sitting between the programs and the OS.

Hi,

Last week I wrote about the problem that Pegasus (4.41) after some hours suddenly starts using all of my cpu. I already set the affinity to one processor, this keeps my system faster.

When I closed Pegasus after this, it did not really close. The user interface disappears, but at driverlevel (CTRL_ALT_DEL) I still see it running and using a lot of cpu. At 1 processor 50%. I actually have to kill the task to stop it. After this I can sometimes restart Pegasus, sometimes I have to reboot the whole PC. When I kill a lot of processes, like java etc, I can start Pegasus again without rebooting. I used Spampal but removed that.

I think I found one thing now: I opened Pegasus, Excel, Open office and then Acrobat. And now it Pegasus uses 50% again. Strange thing is that Pegasus only slows down a lot but still works. I can still send emails. But I cannot receive emails! Clicking on the receive button gives no action at all.

The last thing I did before Pegasus crashed was opening some pdf'with Acrobat. So my question:

I there some incompatibility known of Acrobat - Pegasus? I also see an Acrobat update program sometimes crashing.

<P>Hi, </P> <P>Last week I wrote about the problem that Pegasus (4.41) after some hours suddenly starts using all of my cpu. I already set the affinity to one processor, this keeps my system faster.</P> <P>When I closed Pegasus after this, it did not really close. The user interface disappears, but at driverlevel (CTRL_ALT_DEL) I still see it running and using a lot of cpu. At 1 processor 50%. I actually have to kill the task to stop it. After this I can sometimes restart Pegasus, sometimes I have to reboot the whole PC. When I kill a lot of processes, like java etc, I can start Pegasus again without rebooting. I used Spampal but removed that.</P> <P>I think I found one thing now: I opened Pegasus, Excel, Open office and then Acrobat. And now it Pegasus uses 50% again. Strange thing is that Pegasus only slows down a lot but still works. I can still send emails. But I cannot receive emails! Clicking on the receive button gives no action at all.</P> <P>The last thing I did before Pegasus crashed was opening some pdf'with Acrobat. So my question:</P> <P>I there some incompatibility known of Acrobat - Pegasus? I also see an Acrobat update program sometimes crashing.</P>

I there some incompatibility known of Acrobat - Pegasus? I also see an Acrobat update program sometimes crashing.

I've seen no problems with Acrobat reader v8 but there were some older versions of the reader that crashed and took WinPMail with it whenever WinPMail was trying to open more than one attachment of any kind.  It was setting between the programs and the OS and when it crashed in this case the OS would shutdown WinPMail as well.  Sounds to me like you have a flaky version of Acrobat running.  I would remove it and reinstall to see if this helps.

<blockquote>I there some incompatibility known of Acrobat - Pegasus? I also see an Acrobat update program sometimes crashing.</blockquote><p>I've seen no problems with Acrobat reader v8 but there were some older versions of the reader that crashed and took WinPMail with it whenever WinPMail was trying to open more than one attachment of any kind.  It was setting between the programs and the OS and when it crashed in this case the OS would shutdown WinPMail as well.  Sounds to me like you have a flaky version of Acrobat running.  I would remove it and reinstall to see if this helps.</p><p> </p>

There are several known incompatibilities with Acrobat Reader 7.x and Antiviral software that tend to crash random apps and even the OS. To my knowledge Acrobat Reader 8.x and 9.x does not suffer these incompatibilities.

There are several known incompatibilities with Acrobat Reader 7.x and Antiviral software that tend to crash random apps and even the OS. To my knowledge Acrobat Reader 8.x and 9.x does not suffer these incompatibilities.

Hi,

I managed to find the cause of the problem. I got that situation again, and just killed processes - tried to restart Pagsus - killed more processes etc until I got Pegasus working again.

I killed mozy backupo, mionet (disk access), all hp printersoftware, googleupdater, all java-related things (all j*.*). And then:

I managed to get Pegasus running again after I killed runddl32.exe. But I do not know which program used this dll. Anybody any idea what program is incompatibel with Pegasus and uses rundll32.exe? Or does anyone know how to see which program called this dll?

<P>Hi,</P> <P>I managed to find the cause of the problem. I got that situation again, and just killed processes - tried to restart Pagsus - killed more processes etc until I got Pegasus working again. </P> <P>I killed mozy backupo, mionet (disk access), all hp printersoftware, googleupdater, all java-related things (all j*.*). And then:</P> <P>I managed to get Pegasus running again after I killed runddl32.exe. But I do not know which program used this dll. Anybody any idea what program is incompatibel with Pegasus and uses rundll32.exe? Or does anyone know how to see which program called this dll?</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft