Community Discussions and Support
Problem with the Main folder

The file affected is main.pmm.  Moving it makes no difference. 

Any other ideas about how to break it up or extract the mail?

Thanks

Graeme 

<P>The file affected is main.pmm.  Moving it makes no difference.  </P> <P>Any other ideas about how to break it up or extract the mail?</P> <P>Thanks</P> <P>Graeme </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

I have a user on a Novell 6.5 network running Bindery version Mercury with Pegaus Mail 4.21c.

The problem is that his Main folder is over 1GB and seems to be corrupt.  It passes the consistency test and re-indexes fine, but when he tries to open it it crashes out of the program entirely just after counting 850 mesages of about 2400.  Nothing I've tried so far has helped.  I've copied the file to a new version but the issue remains.  The file count in the folder shows correctly but it won't open and crashes at the same point.  Unfortunately there is critical email in there and he has been ignoring the problem for some time.  Other users have similar sized folders and have no issues.

Thanks

Graeme 

<P>I have a user on a Novell 6.5 network running Bindery version Mercury with Pegaus Mail 4.21c.</P> <P>The problem is that his Main folder is over 1GB and seems to be corrupt.  It passes the consistency test and re-indexes fine, but when he tries to open it it crashes out of the program entirely just after counting 850 mesages of about 2400.  Nothing I've tried so far has helped.  I've copied the file to a new version but the issue remains.  The file count in the folder shows correctly but it won't open and crashes at the same point.  Unfortunately there is critical email in there and he has been ignoring the problem for some time.  Other users have similar sized folders and have no issues.</P> <P>Thanks</P> <P>Graeme </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Just a thought, no disk or user space restrictions on the folder containing the Main Folder?

Ron

<P>Just a thought, no disk or user space restrictions on the folder containing the Main Folder?</P> <P>Ron</P>

[quote user="graemea"]

I have a user on a Novell 6.5 network running Bindery version Mercury with Pegaus Mail 4.21c.

The problem is that his Main folder is over 1GB and seems to be corrupt.  It passes the consistency test and re-indexes fine, but when he tries to open it it crashes out of the program entirely just after counting 850 mesages of about 2400.  Nothing I've tried so far has helped.  I've copied the file to a new version but the issue remains.  The file count in the folder shows correctly but it won't open and crashes at the same point.  Unfortunately there is critical email in there and he has been ignoring the problem for some time.  Other users have similar sized folders and have no issues.

Thanks

Graeme 

[/quote]

If space permits, create  a new folder and drag all massages into the new folder. That might solve the problem. When ok, you can delete the original folder and rename the new folder to the old name (you will need to check any filters after that).

[quote user="graemea"]<p>I have a user on a Novell 6.5 network running Bindery version Mercury with Pegaus Mail 4.21c.</p> <p>The problem is that his Main folder is over 1GB and seems to be corrupt.  It passes the consistency test and re-indexes fine, but when he tries to open it it crashes out of the program entirely just after counting 850 mesages of about 2400.  Nothing I've tried so far has helped.  I've copied the file to a new version but the issue remains.  The file count in the folder shows correctly but it won't open and crashes at the same point.  Unfortunately there is critical email in there and he has been ignoring the problem for some time.  Other users have similar sized folders and have no issues.</p> <p>Thanks</p> <p>Graeme </p><p> [/quote]</p><p>If space permits, create  a new folder and drag all massages into the new folder. That might solve the problem. When ok, you can delete the original folder and rename the new folder to the old name (you will need to check any filters after that).</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Unfortunately the folder won't open.  That's when the error occurs.  When you click on the folder you get the 850 message status count and then Pegasus closes so no chance of dragging mesages anywhere.  Is the mail in any sort of standard database format?  Is there any tool I might be able to use to fix it?  It seems strange that it confirms it's integrity and aslo re-indexes without an issue.

After it crashes out the Main folder reports inconsistencies but always reindexes successfully - it just won't open.  No space limitations or restrictions are in place.

Thanks

Graeme

<P>Unfortunately the folder won't open.  That's when the error occurs.  When you click on the folder you get the 850 message status count and then Pegasus closes so no chance of dragging mesages anywhere.  Is the mail in any sort of standard database format?  Is there any tool I might be able to use to fix it?  It seems strange that it confirms it's integrity and aslo re-indexes without an issue.</P> <P>After it crashes out the Main folder reports inconsistencies but always reindexes successfully - it just won't open.  No space limitations or restrictions are in place.</P> <P>Thanks</P> <P>Graeme</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Isn't it possible to access this folder (and move this files to another folder) throught NetwareAdmin ?

Isn't it possible to access this folder (and move this files to another folder) throught NetwareAdmin ?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft