Community Discussions and Support
Users in Mercury...

Hello,

I have a problem and do not know what to do about it. I have Mercury running on a W2003 server and Pegasus available for users through WinXP.

I updated this afternoon my mercury version to the latest stable and at first everything seemed ok. I noticed that my daughter got a lot of spam, so i editted again the black list in mercury and then i updated. So far so good but when i told her that i tried to rename her emailadres with a number behind her adres @domain i find myself in error because she did not inform her friends about the change. So i returned her adres back to the original. Everything seemed ok then.

This evening i told her to clean up and let her friends know that i am going to change her emailadres as told earlier. When i used her name in Pegasus i got the message: The user you are attempting to 'become' (marjan) does not exist on this system. So i went to the server and looked, it was gone!!!!!! So, i have extended backup running so i make her emailadres again on Mercury but the system does not comply. As if it is invisible to me and Pegasus but not for Mercury.

Does anybody know what to do?

Please, this is far beyond my comprehension (-:

Thanks in advance

Anne

Edited because i found a workaround: copy user(s) map (the map Pegasus uses to store mail), delete user(s) make new user(s) and set all settings and copy content from copied directorie over the newly created dir.
Check if all settings are correct

<P>Hello,</P> <P>I have a problem and do not know what to do about it. I have Mercury running on a W2003 server and Pegasus available for users through WinXP.</P> <P>I updated this afternoon my mercury version to the latest stable and at first everything seemed ok. I noticed that my daughter got a lot of spam, so i editted again the black list in mercury and then i updated. So far so good but when i told her that i tried to rename her emailadres with a number behind her adres @domain i find myself in error because she did not inform her friends about the change. So i returned her adres back to the original. Everything seemed ok then.</P> <P>This evening i told her to clean up and let her friends know that i am going to change her emailadres as told earlier. When i used her name in Pegasus i got the message: The user you are attempting to 'become' (marjan) does not exist on this system. So i went to the server and looked, it was gone!!!!!! So, i have extended backup running so i make her emailadres again on Mercury but the system does not comply. As if it is invisible to me and Pegasus but not for Mercury.</P> <P>Does anybody know what to do?</P> <P>Please, this is far beyond my comprehension (-:</P> <P>Thanks in advance</P> <P>Anne</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Edited because i found a workaround: copy user(s) map (the map Pegasus uses to store mail), delete user(s) make new user(s) and set all settings and copy content from copied directorie over the newly created dir. Check if all settings are correct</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft