Community Discussions and Support
New Pegasus user

Just one of those things you may or may not notice when you play around with the setup. Some people may call them "bugs", but I prefer "workarounds".

Cheers. SJS.

<P>Just one of those things you may or may not notice when you play around with the setup. Some people may call them "bugs", but I prefer "workarounds".</P> <P>Cheers. SJS.</P>

I have version 4.41 loaded and working fine, but having a bit of trouble fine-tuning it.

In the window that shows the incoming messages, the columns for "From", "Subject", "Date/Time", and "Size" are too narrow. I can adjust them to the width I prefer, but cannot figure out how to make them retain that width after I exit the program.

I dug through the forum and manual, but all I could find was a reference to the "reader" menu, and I can't find that.

Could someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks in advance!

<P>I have version 4.41 loaded and working fine, but having a bit of trouble fine-tuning it.</P> <P> In the window that shows the incoming messages, the columns for "From", "Subject", "Date/Time", and "Size" are too narrow. I can adjust them to the width I prefer, but cannot figure out how to make them retain that width after I exit the program.</P> <P>I dug through the forum and manual, but all I could find was a reference to the "reader" menu, and I can't find that.</P> <P> Could someone point me in the right direction, please?</P> <P> Thanks in advance!</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

To get Pegasus to remeber your desktop settings go to Tools -> Otions -> General Settings -> Basic Settings and ensure that the Checkbox labelled "Save the Pegasus Mail desktop state between sessions is ticked.

Most Options in Pegasus are somewhere in this dialogue.

<p>To get Pegasus to remeber your desktop settings go to Tools -> Otions -> General Settings -> Basic Settings and ensure that the Checkbox labelled "Save the Pegasus Mail desktop state between sessions is ticked.</p><p> Most Options in Pegasus are somewhere in this dialogue. </p>

Thanks for the quick response!

That option is checked, and those columns insist on reverting to their original state. I feel I must be missing something.

Thanks

Doc

<P>Thanks for the quick response!</P> <P>That option is checked, and those columns insist on reverting to their original state. I feel I must be missing something.</P> <P>Thanks</P> <P>Doc</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Hi, there is an answer to this. A bit odd, but it does work.

Make the changes to the column width and click on the "List" button on the lower toolbar. Now click on the same button (now "Preview").

Job done..! This appears to force the settings to save.

Regards. SJS.

<P>Hi, there is an answer to this. A bit odd, but it does work.</P> <P>Make the changes to the column width and click on the "List" button on the lower toolbar. Now click on the same button (now "Preview").</P> <P>Job done..! This appears to force the settings to save.</P> <P> Regards. SJS.</P>

Thank you so much cadcambrafe - this is a solution I have been needing for some time now! Worked like a charm on my Pmail. However did you come up with this solution?

Thanks

B

Thank you so much cadcambrafe - this is a solution I have been needing for some time now! Worked like a charm on my Pmail. However did you come up with this solution? Thanks B

[quote user="bettyvanwall"]Thank you so much cadcambrafe - this is a solution I have been needing for some time now! Worked like a charm on my Pmail. However did you come up with this solution? Thanks B[/quote]

Usually trial and error... [8-)]

<P>[quote user="bettyvanwall"]Thank you so much cadcambrafe - this is a solution I have been needing for some time now! Worked like a charm on my Pmail. However did you come up with this solution? Thanks B[/quote]</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Usually trial and error... [8-)]</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft