Community Discussions and Support
Recovering from Norton AV fiasco

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]There is no folder specified here.  If you are trying to get it to query for a folder name then use Tools | Options | Copies to self "If making a copy to self, ask at send time which folder to put it in"  

When this control is checked, Pegasus Mail will ask you to select a folder into which the copy to self should be placed at the time you send the message. When this option is enabled, the Default copy-to-self folder name field is ignored.[/quote]

That did it, Tom.  Thanks.

--peter m.  

<P>[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]There is no folder specified here.  If you are trying to get it to query for a folder name then use Tools | Options | Copies to self "If making a copy to self, ask at send time which folder to put it in"   When this control is checked, Pegasus Mail will ask you to select a folder into which the copy to self should be placed at the time you send the message. When this option is enabled, the Default copy-to-self folder name field is ignored.[/quote]</P> <P>That did it, Tom.  Thanks.</P> <P>--peter m.  </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

I noticed a number of posts from users who now can't access their profile/history/etc. after a reinstallation of Pmail. You can get around the problem by installing a dummy winpm-32.exe file in C:\Pmail before running the installation program. The installation app will than ask if it's an upgrade or new installation. Choose upgrade (update?).

I know this is too late for those who've posted about the problem, but perhaps it will save someone.

<p>I noticed a number of posts from users who now can't access their profile/history/etc. after a reinstallation of Pmail. You can get around the problem by installing a dummy winpm-32.exe file in C:\Pmail before running the installation program. The installation app will than ask if it's an upgrade or new installation. Choose upgrade (update?).</p><p>I know this is too late for those who've posted about the problem, but perhaps it will save someone.</p><p> </p>

[quote user="John Everett"]

I noticed a number of posts from users who now can't access their profile/history/etc. after a reinstallation of Pmail. You can get around the problem by installing a dummy winpm-32.exe file in C:\Pmail before running the installation program. The installation app will than ask if it's an upgrade or new installation. Choose upgrade (update?).

I know this is too late for those who've posted about the problem, but perhaps it will save someone.

[/quote]

What happens if instead of choosing "upgrade," you hit (by mistake) "new install"?  That's what I did.  Thus, the question is where did all the old settings go?  How do you get them back.... I'm piecemealing my way back, but it has been a pain in the neck. 

--pbm

[quote user="John Everett"] <P>I noticed a number of posts from users who now can't access their profile/history/etc. after a reinstallation of Pmail. You can get around the problem by installing a dummy winpm-32.exe file in C:\Pmail before running the installation program. The installation app will than ask if it's an upgrade or new installation. Choose upgrade (update?).</P> <P>I know this is too late for those who've posted about the problem, but perhaps it will save someone.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>[/quote]</P> <P>What happens if instead of choosing "upgrade," you hit (by mistake) "new install"?  That's what I did.  Thus, the question is where did all the old settings go?  How do you get them back.... I'm piecemealing my way back, but it has been a pain in the neck.  </P> <P>--pbm</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

If you did a new install your HOME and NEW mail directory spec is probably wrong.  You'll need to go to the directory containing the winpm-32.exe file and run the program pconfig.exe.  Select the "Standalone" option and change the HOME and NEW mail directory spec to match the location of the old mailbox directory.  For example, if you mail is located in c:\pmail\mail you enter that directory.  If it is in c:\pmail\mail\<username> you enter c:\pmail\mail\~8 (or ~n)  

If you did a new install your HOME and NEW mail directory spec is probably wrong.&amp;nbsp; You&#039;ll need to go to the directory containing the winpm-32.exe file and run the program pconfig.exe.&amp;nbsp; Select the &quot;Standalone&quot; option and change the HOME and NEW mail directory spec to match the location of the old mailbox directory.&amp;nbsp; For example, if you mail is located in c:\pmail\mail you enter that directory.&amp;nbsp; If it is in c:\pmail\mail\&amp;lt;username&amp;gt; you enter c:\pmail\mail\~8 (or ~n)&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]If you did a new install your HOME and NEW mail directory spec is probably wrong.  You'll need to go to the directory containing the winpm-32.exe file and run the program pconfig.exe.  Select the "Standalone" option and change the HOME and NEW mail directory spec to match the location of the old mailbox directory.  For example, if you mail is located in c:\pmail\mail you enter that directory.  If it is in c:\pmail\mail\<username> you enter c:\pmail\mail\~8 (or ~n)  
[/quote]

Thanks, Thomas,

For better or worse, I've rebuilt all my settings, by hand. Everything seems to be working except the Filter rule with which I was able to copy each of my outgoing messages to a particular folder.  Can't seem to get that to work. 

--pbm

&lt;P&gt;[quote user=&quot;Thomas R. Stephenson&quot;]If you did a new install your HOME and NEW mail directory spec is probably wrong.&amp;nbsp; You&#039;ll need to go to the directory containing the winpm-32.exe file and run the program pconfig.exe.&amp;nbsp; Select the &quot;Standalone&quot; option and change the HOME and NEW mail directory spec to match the location of the old mailbox directory.&amp;nbsp; For example, if you mail is located in c:\pmail\mail you enter that directory.&amp;nbsp; If it is in c:\pmail\mail\&amp;lt;username&amp;gt; you enter c:\pmail\mail\~8 (or ~n)&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; [/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Thanks, Thomas,&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;For better or worse, I&#039;ve rebuilt all my settings, by hand. Everything seems to be working except the Filter rule with which I was able to copy each of my outgoing messages to a particular folder.&amp;nbsp; Can&#039;t seem to get that to work.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;--pbm&lt;/P&gt;

Could you send the actual text of your copy self rule from your wpmcself.pmc file.

Could you send the actual text of your copy self rule from your wpmcself.pmc file.

The current text from that file reads:

NoDisplay:Copyself filtering rules
If attribute 131072 Copy ""
If header "S" contains "*" Copy ""

&lt;P&gt;The current text from that file reads:&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;NoDisplay:Copyself filtering rules If attribute 131072 Copy &quot;&quot; If header &quot;S&quot; contains &quot;*&quot; Copy &quot;&quot; &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;

There is no folder specified here.  If you are trying to get it to query for a folder name then use Tools | Options | Copies to self "If making a copy to self, ask at send time which folder to put it in"  

When this control is checked, Pegasus Mail will ask you to select a folder into which the copy to self should be placed at the time you send the message. When this option is enabled, the Default copy-to-self folder name field is ignored.

<webmaster></webmaster>@PRAKTIT.SE>

There is no folder specified here.&amp;nbsp; If you are trying to get it to query for a folder name then use Tools | Options | Copies to self &quot;If making a copy to self, ask at send time which folder to put it in&quot; &amp;nbsp; When this control is checked, Pegasus Mail will ask you to select a folder into which the copy to self should be placed at the time you send the message. When this option is enabled, the Default copy-to-self folder name field is ignored. &lt;WEBMASTER@PRAKTIT.SE&gt;&lt;/WEBMASTER@PRAKTIT.SE&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft