Community Discussions and Support
Summary of recovering from Norton Anti-Virus problem?

I left on a trip early on Friday and was disconcerted to see that my open Pegasus Mail was gone on Thursday after I had stepped away for a few hours. I was glad to see the email (via web email access) to the thread here, and it appears that things have sorted themselves out. Can anybody post a summary, perhaps in the FAQ, about how to recover? I assume that this should work:

1) Download the most recent Norton AV fixes via LiveUpdate

2) Reinstall Pegasus Mail into the same folder it was in before, and choose upgrade

Then all the settings and status should have persisted. How about emails that came in from the last time I used it successfully till it was yanked away? Thanks.

Dilip

<P>I left on a trip early on Friday and was disconcerted to see that my open Pegasus Mail was gone on Thursday after I had stepped away for a few hours. I was glad to see the email (via web email access) to the thread here, and it appears that things have sorted themselves out. Can anybody post a summary, perhaps in the FAQ, about how to recover? I assume that this should work:</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>1) Download the most recent Norton AV fixes via LiveUpdate</P> <P>2) Reinstall Pegasus Mail into the same folder it was in before, and choose upgrade</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Then all the settings and status should have persisted. How about emails that came in from the last time I used it successfully till it was yanked away? Thanks.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>                  Dilip</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

I am still trying to recover from the Norton problem.  I have Pegasus up and running and I have all of my old files back in place.  However Pegasus cannot find them.  I have edited the pmail.ini files.  How many ini files are there?  I found four.  I have one in MAIL, one in ADMIN, and one for each user.  Which is the critical?  Neither is Pegasus finding my two users.  Thanks,

MichaelD 

<P>I am still trying to recover from the Norton problem.  I have Pegasus up and running and I have all of my old files back in place.  However Pegasus cannot find them.  I have edited the pmail.ini files.  How many ini files are there?  I found four.  I have one in MAIL, one in ADMIN, and one for each user.  Which is the critical?  Neither is Pegasus finding my two users.  Thanks,</P> <P>MichaelD  </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft