Community Discussions and Support
SOLVED: SpamHalter generates Emails with no content in Pegasus

Hi,

thank you all for your help.

The problem fixed itself with an oldschool Windows-Restart.

Maybe windows held a lost reference to a broken newmail and
SPAMHalter was not able to delete this fragment
after moving a copy to the junkfolder and
retried it all the time?

Bye for now and many thanks to the creators of PM and SH!

jcp

<p>Hi,</p><p>thank you all for your help. </p><p><b>The problem fixed itself with an oldschool Windows-Restart.</b></p><p>Maybe windows held a lost reference to a broken newmail and SPAMHalter was not able to delete this fragment after moving a copy to the junkfolder and retried it all the time? </p><p>Bye for now and many thanks to the creators of PM and SH!</p><p>jcp</p><p>  </p>

Hi,

I have a problem with Pegasus Spam-Halter. It generates empty Messages in  its Spamhalter-Directory, about 1 Mail every 30 Seconds.
This behaviour stops when SpamHalter is disabled, clearing its database had no effect. The Mails appear without connecting to a mailserver.

This malfunction started after Pegasus crashed today. While writing this post there are 134 new empty Mails [:(]

BTW: I can delete these mails or move them to other Directories.

Ideas anyone?

jcp 

<p>Hi,</p><p>I have a problem with Pegasus Spam-Halter. It generates empty Messages in  its Spamhalter-Directory, about 1 Mail every 30 Seconds. This behaviour stops when SpamHalter is disabled, clearing its database had no effect. The Mails appear without connecting to a mailserver. </p><p>This malfunction started after Pegasus crashed today. While writing this post there are 134 new empty Mails [:(] </p><p>BTW: I can delete these mails or move them to other Directories.</p><p>Ideas anyone?</p><p> </p><p>jcp </p>

I'm sorry - I've never seen or heard of anything remotely like this. Perhaps someone else can assist.

Cheers!

-- David --

I'm sorry - I've never seen or heard of anything remotely like this. Perhaps someone else can assist. Cheers! -- David --

Post your spamhalter.ini file.  Maybe it can shed some light on this problem.

Post your spamhalter.ini file.  Maybe it can shed some light on this problem.

There is no such file. Im using Pmail. Don't even know whitch file contains the database.

There is no such file. Im using Pmail. Don't even know whitch file contains the database.

[quote user="David Harris"]I'm sorry - I've never seen or heard of anything remotely like this. Perhaps someone else can assist.

Cheers!

-- David --

[/quote]

Me neither, but It might be that the user selected the new mail folder as the Spamhalter folder in Tools -> Spam and .... ->  Spamhalter in the select button??? But this is just a wild guess.

<p>[quote user="David Harris"]I'm sorry - I've never seen or heard of anything remotely like this. Perhaps someone else can assist. Cheers! -- David -- [/quote]</p><p>Me neither, but It might be that the user selected the new mail folder as the Spamhalter folder in Tools -> Spam and .... ->  Spamhalter in the select button??? But this is just a wild guess.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Sorry about that.  The filename is actually: WI_sph.ini

It will be in your mailbox directory.  The main thing is to note is the junkfolder field.  However, it will be fairly cryptic to most folks.

You can simply check this from the GUI interface within Pegasus Mail itself and make sure the Spam Folder field shows a valid regular email folder within your mailbox structure.  I do not think external (IMAP) and other mounted mailboxes are supported as a target location for a spam folder.

<P>Sorry about that.  The filename is actually: WI_sph.ini</P> <P>It will be in your mailbox directory.  The main thing is to note is the junkfolder field.  However, it will be fairly cryptic to most folks.</P> <P>You can simply check this from the GUI interface within Pegasus Mail itself and make sure the Spam Folder field shows a valid regular email folder within your mailbox structure.  I do not think external (IMAP) and other mounted mailboxes are supported as a target location for a spam folder.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Ok, found it. It's not cryptic, I'm developer, too :) 

The email folder existsts.

BTW: The emails only appear, when NewMail-folder is the active folder

I will go to bed now, tomorrow I will look for my last backup. But keep trying to find out what's wrong.

[spamhalter]
junkfolder=8TWRPYSF:2343:FOL06890
bayspamprob=8
baynospamboost=2
enabled=1
trainalways=0
debug=0
ForcedWrites=0
MaxTokens=25
SizeLimit=250000

<p>Ok, found it. It's not cryptic, I'm developer, too :)  </p><p>The email folder existsts. </p><p>BTW: The emails only appear, when NewMail-folder is the active folder  </p><p>I will go to bed now, tomorrow I will look for my last backup. But keep trying to find out what's wrong. </p><p>[spamhalter] junkfolder=8TWRPYSF:2343:FOL06890 bayspamprob=8 baynospamboost=2 enabled=1 trainalways=0 debug=0 ForcedWrites=0 MaxTokens=25 SizeLimit=250000 </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft