Community Discussions and Support
Mercury Core Module - Local Domains.

Hi

My mercury is working well.. but I just wanted to check my Local Domains configuration.

Currently I have:

Local Host                                     Internet Name

domainA                                        domainA
domainA                                        domainA.co.uk
domainB                                        domainB
domainB                                        domainB.com
domainC                                        domainC
domainC                                        domainC.co.uk

This seems to work fine.

But I've just bought a new domain... domainC.co.nz 

so the domain is the same as the original domainC but the tld is .co.nz not co.uk.

I need all the domains to work.. including the domainC.co.uk & domainC.co.nz.

What is the best way to set this up within local domains  ??

<p>Hi</p><p>My mercury is working well.. but I just wanted to check my Local Domains configuration.</p><p>Currently I have:</p><p>Local Host                                     Internet Name </p><p>domainA                                        domainA domainA                                        domainA.co.uk domainB                                        domainB domainB                                        domainB.com domainC                                        domainC domainC                                        domainC.co.uk</p><p>This seems to work fine.</p><p>But I've just bought a new domain... domainC.co.nz </p><p> so the domain is the same as the original domainC but the tld is .co.nz not co.uk.</p><p>I need all the domains to work.. including the domainC.co.uk & domainC.co.nz.</p><p>What is the best way to set this up within local domains  ?? </p><p>Thanks :) </p>

Currently I have:

Local Host                                     Internet Name

domainA                                        domainA
domainA                                        domainA.co.uk
domainB                                        domainB
domainB                                        domainB.com
domainC                                        domainC
domainC                                        domainC.co.uk

This seems to work fine.

But I've just bought a new domain... domainC.co.nz 

so the domain is the same as the original domainC but the tld is .co.nz not co.uk.

I would use the following as viewed from the mercury.ini file.  Note the server is always the same since there is only one server involved.

[Domains]
;server :        domain
server  :       domainA
server  :       domainA.co.uk
server  :       domainB
server  :       domainB.com
server  :       domainC
server  :       domainC.co.uk

Here's a number of ways to do domains in a non-Netware environment.  There are 4 domain mailboxes, a Petr Jaklin daemon that forwards to mail to a Netware Mercury server and the rest are domains supported by the Mercury/32 system locally.  The name os the server is "stephens" and it's one I picked out of the air since it's not really taking about anything other than the Mercury/32 server.

[Domains]
stephens: stephens
stephens: [209.128.94.2]
stephens: mail.tstephenson.com
stephens: tstephenson.com
stephens: [192.168.1.2]
DM=novell: novell-tstephenson.com.sav
DM=merwin: merwin-tstephenson.com
dm=ubunto: ubunto-tstephenson.com
dm=merc452: merc452.tstephenson.com
stephens: stephens.sj.scruznet.com
dm=ubunto: linux-tstephenson.com
stephens: dyndns-tstephenson.dyndns.org
dm=merwin: merwin.dyndns.org
daemon:c:\mercury\mercfwd.dll;[192.168.1.3]: novell-tstephenson.com

<blockquote><p>Currently I have:</p><p>Local Host                                     Internet Name </p><p>domainA                                        domainA domainA                                        domainA.co.uk domainB                                        domainB domainB                                        domainB.com domainC                                        domainC domainC                                        domainC.co.uk</p><p>This seems to work fine.</p><p>But I've just bought a new domain... domainC.co.nz </p><p> so the domain is the same as the original domainC but the tld is .co.nz not co.uk.</p></blockquote><p>I would use the following as viewed from the mercury.ini file.  Note the server is always the same since there is only one server involved. </p>[Domains] ;server :        domain server  :       domainA server  :       domainA.co.uk server  :       domainB server  :       domainB.com server  :       domainC server  :       domainC.co.uk Here's a number of ways to do domains in a non-Netware environment.  There are 4 domain mailboxes, a Petr Jaklin daemon that forwards to mail to a Netware Mercury server and the rest are domains supported by the Mercury/32 system locally.  The name os the server is "stephens" and it's one I picked out of the air since it's not really taking about anything other than the Mercury/32 server. [Domains] stephens: stephens stephens: [209.128.94.2] stephens: mail.tstephenson.com stephens: tstephenson.com stephens: [192.168.1.2] DM=novell: novell-tstephenson.com.sav DM=merwin: merwin-tstephenson.com dm=ubunto: ubunto-tstephenson.com dm=merc452: merc452.tstephenson.com stephens: stephens.sj.scruznet.com dm=ubunto: linux-tstephenson.com stephens: dyndns-tstephenson.dyndns.org dm=merwin: merwin.dyndns.org daemon:c:\mercury\mercfwd.dll;[192.168.1.3]: novell-tstephenson.com<p>  </p>

The "Host" entry is irrelevant if you are not using Netware integration, so this can be anything you like.

It has been said that they should all be the same, but it does not seem to cause any problems if they are different. (mine are to remind me what they are for)

Just add another entry  "domainC: domainC.co.nz"

Then any mail addressed to *@domainC.co.nz will also be treated as local.

P.S. Welcome to NZ [:D]

<p>The "Host" entry is irrelevant if you are not using Netware integration, so this can be anything you like.</p><p>It has been said that they should all be the same, but it does not seem to cause any problems if they are different. (mine are to remind me what they are for) </p><p>Just add another entry  "domainC: domainC.co.nz"</p><p>Then any mail addressed to *@domainC.co.nz will also be treated as local.</p><p>P.S. Welcome to NZ [:D]</p><p> </p>

Thanks for the advice. I'll set this up tonight.

[quote]P.S. Welcome to NZ [:D] [/quote]

Thanks [:)] we can't wait to move..
Visa's are processing. Just need to sort a job for me !! (IT / Telecoms in the Wellington area [;)] )

<p>Thanks for the advice. I'll set this up tonight.</p><p>[quote]P.S. Welcome to NZ [:D] [/quote]</p><p>Thanks [:)] we can't wait to move.. Visa's are processing. Just need to sort a job for me !! (IT / Telecoms in the Wellington area [;)] ) </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft