Community Discussions and Support
AW: Where are read messages stored?

I have the same problem in past but only with 1 account. The ISP have config the mailserver, that when you connect with a mail client over "POP3", the mails after that automatic where deleted on the server, even when you only make an "selective viewing".

<FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT face=Arial size=2> <P>I have the same problem in past but only with 1 account. The ISP have config the mailserver, that when you connect with a mail client over "POP3", the mails after that automatic where deleted on the server, even when you only make an "selective viewing". </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P></FONT></FONT>

Hello!

As it is a urgent bussines situation, I would like to resolved in the quickest possible time - thank you for uderstanding. 

I was viewing my inboxed messages through a webmail client, created and hosted by our website/e-mail hosting provider (http://webmail.fortunecity.net). Some of the messages, that I haven't read to the end, I later wanted to review on another computer, on wich Pegasus Mail 3.0 is installed.
By the Selective Mail Download option from the File menu, I wanted to delete the spams and downloaded previously mentioned messages, which were showing up at the time. Because, there was no spam for deletion or selection of the right messages, I closed the Selective Mail Download windows and choosed the "Both send and recieve mail in one operation" icon, but the mails required were not downloaded and are not available from the webmail client either.

I can assure you that they were not mistakenly deleted within the Selective Mail Download option.
The system also isn't configured to leave a copy of the downloaded messages on the server.

My question is: "How could those messages be retrieved?"

With best regards,
BIG_Yack

<p>Hello!</p><p> </p><p>As it is a urgent bussines situation, I would like to resolved in the quickest possible time - thank you for uderstanding. </p><p> </p><p>I was viewing my inboxed messages through a webmail client, created and hosted by our website/e-mail hosting provider (http://webmail.fortunecity.net). Some of the messages, that I haven't read to the end, I later wanted to review on another computer, on wich Pegasus Mail 3.0 is installed. By the Selective Mail Download option from the File menu, I wanted to delete the spams and downloaded previously mentioned messages, which were showing up at the time. Because, there was no spam for deletion or selection of the right messages, I closed the Selective Mail Download windows and choosed the "Both send and recieve mail in one operation" icon, but the mails required were not downloaded and are not available from the webmail client either.</p><p>I can assure you that they were not mistakenly deleted within the Selective Mail Download option. The system also isn't configured to leave a copy of the downloaded messages on the server.</p><p> </p><p>My question is: "How could those messages be retrieved?"</p><p> </p><p>With best regards, BIG_Yack </p><p> </p>

[quote user="BIG_Yack"]As it is a urgent bussines situation, I would like to resolved in the quickest possible time - thank you for uderstanding. 

I was viewing my inboxed messages through a webmail client, created and hosted by our website/e-mail hosting provider (http://webmail.fortunecity.net). Some of the messages, that I haven't read to the end, I later wanted to review on another computer, on wich Pegasus Mail 3.0 is installed.
By the Selective Mail Download option from the File menu, I wanted to delete the spams and downloaded previously mentioned messages, which were showing up at the time. Because, there was no spam for deletion or selection of the right messages, I closed the Selective Mail Download windows and choosed the "Both send and recieve mail in one operation" icon, but the mails required were not downloaded and are not available from the webmail client either.

I can assure you that they were not mistakenly deleted within the Selective Mail Download option.
The system also isn't configured to leave a copy of the downloaded messages on the server.

My only guess is that they use of selective mail download caused the POP3 server to mark the mail as read and the server is set to only download unread mail. I'd talk to the ISP and see if they can confirm this.[/quote]

<blockquote>[quote user="BIG_Yack"]As it is a urgent bussines situation, I would like to resolved in the quickest possible time - thank you for uderstanding. <p>I was viewing my inboxed messages through a webmail client, created and hosted by our website/e-mail hosting provider (http://webmail.fortunecity.net). Some of the messages, that I haven't read to the end, I later wanted to review on another computer, on wich Pegasus Mail 3.0 is installed. By the Selective Mail Download option from the File menu, I wanted to delete the spams and downloaded previously mentioned messages, which were showing up at the time. Because, there was no spam for deletion or selection of the right messages, I closed the Selective Mail Download windows and choosed the "Both send and recieve mail in one operation" icon, but the mails required were not downloaded and are not available from the webmail client either.</p><p>I can assure you that they were not mistakenly deleted within the Selective Mail Download option. The system also isn't configured to leave a copy of the downloaded messages on the server.</p><p>My question is: "How could those messages be retrieved?"</p></blockquote><p>My only guess is that they use of selective mail download caused the POP3 server to mark the mail as read and the server is set to only download unread mail. I'd talk to the ISP and see if they can confirm this.[/quote]</p>

[quote user="BIG_Yack"]

Hello!

As it is a urgent bussines situation, I would like to resolved in the quickest possible time - thank you for uderstanding. 

With best regards,
BIG_Yack

[/quote]

Do you have set "Download only unread mail" in Tools -> Inetrnet options -> POP3 -> (select) -> edit -> download controls??? Untich it and do a selective mail download again.

This might help.

[quote user="BIG_Yack"]<p>Hello!</p><p> </p><p>As it is a urgent bussines situation, I would like to resolved in the quickest possible time - thank you for uderstanding. </p><p>I was viewing my inboxed messages through a webmail client, created and hosted by our website/e-mail hosting provider (http://webmail.fortunecity.net). Some of the messages, that I haven't read to the end, I later wanted to review on another computer, on wich Pegasus Mail 3.0 is installed. By the Selective Mail Download option from the File menu, I wanted to delete the spams and downloaded previously mentioned messages, which were showing up at the time. Because, there was no spam for deletion or selection of the right messages, I closed the Selective Mail Download windows and choosed the "Both send and recieve mail in one operation" icon, but the mails required were not downloaded and are not available from the webmail client either.</p><p>I can assure you that they were not mistakenly deleted within the Selective Mail Download option. The system also isn't configured to leave a copy of the downloaded messages on the server.</p><p>My question is: "How could those messages be retrieved?"</p><p>With best regards, BIG_Yack </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Do you have set "Download only unread mail" in Tools -> Inetrnet options -> POP3 -> (select) -> edit -> download controls??? Untich it and do a selective mail download again.</p><p>This might help.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

For the future, I have unchecked the "Download only unread mail" feature, which was found in the Options dialogue box under the Tools menu.

But this does still not solve my problem. Let me renew what was and would like to be done:

1. The mail was checked from a webmail client.
2. The same mail wanted to be read again on another computer, using Pegasus Mail: under the "Selective mail download" option, the messages showed, altrough they were checked before.
3. The "Selective mail download" window was closed, because there was no selections to be made.
4. All mail was downloaded using the "Both send and recieve mail" icon option.
    We know it was downloaded, because it was not available trough the webmail client after this step anymore (it is set not to leave copies of downloaded mail).
5. Those mails needed, that were chekced in the webmail and later still shown up in Selective mail download, were NOT visible/located in the New mail folder.

The question, again, is: "Where are those needed messages?"

Thank you for your further support,
BIG_Yack

<p>For the future, I have unchecked the "Download only unread mail" feature, which was found in the Options dialogue box under the Tools menu.</p><p>But this does still not solve my problem. Let me renew what was and would like to be done:</p><p><b>1. The mail was checked from a webmail client. 2. The same mail wanted to be read again on another computer, using Pegasus Mail: under the "Selective mail download" option, the messages showed, altrough they were checked before. 3. The "Selective mail download" window was closed, because there was no selections to be made. 4. All mail was downloaded using the "Both send and recieve mail" icon option.     We know it was downloaded, because it was not available trough the webmail client after this step anymore (it is set not to leave copies of downloaded mail). 5. Those mails needed, that were chekced in the webmail and later still shown up in Selective mail download, were NOT visible/located in the New mail folder.</b></p><p><b>The question, again, is: "Where are those needed messages?"</b></p><p> Thank you for your further support, BIG_Yack </p>

Hi BIG_Yack

In your situation of emergency I suggest that you perform a search through Edit -> Find Text.

You will probably have keywords in mind.

<p>Hi BIG_Yack</p><p> </p><p>In your situation of emergency I suggest that you perform a search through Edit -> Find Text.</p><p> </p><p>You will probably have keywords in mind. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft