Community Discussions and Support
Question regarding local domains

Did you try using WSMTPEx.exe together with a domain mailbox in Mercury?

/Rolf 

<p>Did you try using WSMTPEx.exe together with a domain mailbox in Mercury?</p><p>/Rolf </p>

Hi community,

i have Mercury as a MTA in a "DMZ" and want to use it just for delivering outgoing mails (which allready works perfectly). Now....if an email cannot be delivered, i want to submit the NDR to an internal email address, which is served on a local lan server. So in fact i do not need any "user" on Mercury, i just need to make Mercury know what domain is regarded as local and where the internal mail server sits

Let's say the internal server hosts the mail domain example.com and has the (internal) ip addres 123.45.67.89, the DMZ host that runs Mercury has a local computer name "MHost" (which shouldn't be of real interest)  and if a mail can't be delivered i want to submit the NDR to beatme@example.com ...  how would i create local domains within mercury ?

And even more...would it be possible to even send the NDR to the originating (internal) email address?

I hope i've made clear what i want......thanks a lot for your effort in advance.

Best regards.

<P>Hi community,</P> <P>i have Mercury as a MTA in a "DMZ" and want to use it just for delivering outgoing mails (which allready works perfectly). Now....if an email cannot be delivered, i want to submit the NDR to an internal email address, which is served on a local lan server. So in fact i do not need any "user" on Mercury, i just need to make Mercury know what domain is regarded as local and where the internal mail server sits</P> <P>Let's say the internal server hosts the mail domain example.com and has the (internal) ip addres 123.45.67.89, the DMZ host that runs Mercury has a local computer name "MHost" (which shouldn't be of real interest)  and if a mail can't be delivered i want to submit the NDR to <A href="mailto:beatme@example.com">beatme@example.com</A> ...  how would i create local domains within mercury ?</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>And even more...would it be possible to even send the NDR to the originating (internal) email address?</P> <P>I hope i've made clear what i want......thanks a lot for your effort in advance.</P> <P>Best regards.</P>

Try having a look at the domain forwarding solutions described here:

http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/14135.aspx

/Rolf

<p>Try having a look at the domain forwarding solutions described here:</p><p><a href="/forums/thread/14135.aspx" mce_href="/forums/thread/14135.aspx">http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/14135.aspx</a></p><p>/Rolf  </p>

Thanks for your quick reply.

But those tipps didn't help. Actually i'd have to "fake" the MX record for the internal domain, as the internal mail domain (and only this) is the same as the external DNS domain. So Mercury resolves the MX record for the external mail domain and consequently receives the external IP.....but i need to deliver the mail to an internal IP.

Following the first idea from Thomas Stephenson lead to the fact that Mercury tried to deliver the internal mail to

user@[123.45.67.89]

rather than

user@example.com

May be a lack of know how on my side is a bit "demanding" ... 

Thanks in advance

<P>Thanks for your quick reply.</P> <P>But those tipps didn't help. Actually i'd have to "fake" the MX record for the internal domain, as the internal mail domain (and only this) is the same as the external DNS domain. So Mercury resolves the MX record for the external mail domain and consequently receives the external IP.....but i need to deliver the mail to an internal IP.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Following the first idea from Thomas Stephenson lead to the fact that Mercury tried to deliver the internal mail to</P> <BLOCKQUOTE> <P>user@[123.45.67.89] </P></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>rather than </P> <BLOCKQUOTE> <P>user@example.com </P></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>May be a lack of know how on my side is a bit "demanding" ... </P> <P>Thanks in advance</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft