Community Discussions and Support
Migration

How can I accomplish the reverse of this? How can I import messages

into the Mercury Mail server format? I have many messages that need to

be added to the new mercury mail server mailbox.

Depends on the files.  If these are simply *.eml files then just drop them in the new mail directory as *.CNM files and you'll be able to read them with any IMAP4 e-mail client or PMail directly.  If they are not, there are a number of translators, tell us what they are.
<blockquote>How can I accomplish the reverse of this? How can I import messages into the Mercury Mail server format? I have many messages that need to be added to the new mercury mail server mailbox.</blockquote>Depends on the files.  If these are simply *.eml files then just drop them in the new mail directory as *.CNM files and you'll be able to read them with any IMAP4 e-mail client or PMail directly.  If they are not, there are a number of translators, tell us what they are.

I am currently running Mercury/32 and need to migrate across to another mail server. I was wondering how I could export all emails stored by Mercury/32. The protocol being used is IMAP.

I am currently running Mercury/32 and need to migrate across to another mail server. I was wondering how I could export all emails stored by Mercury/32. The protocol being used is IMAP.

>
> I am currently running Mercury/32 and need to migrate across to
> another mail server. I was wondering how I could export all emails
> stored by Mercury/32. The protocol being used is IMAP.

Download IMAPCopy:
http://home.arcor.de/armin.diehl/imapcopy/imapcopy.html

Configure it to copy from 127.0.0.1 to your IMAP Server remote account. These configuration settings are entered into the ImapCopy.cfg file.  Then run:

imapcopy.exe -s -e

the -e tells IMAPCopy to copy all folders, including empty ones and the -s tells IMAPCopy to subscribe you to any folders that are created on the destination.  When IMAPCopy finishes, you should have all your IMAP4 accounts in Mercury/32 moved to the other IMAP4 host.

> > I am currently running Mercury/32 and need to migrate across to > another mail server. I was wondering how I could export all emails > stored by Mercury/32. The protocol being used is IMAP. Download IMAPCopy: http://home.arcor.de/armin.diehl/imapcopy/imapcopy.html Configure it to copy from 127.0.0.1 to your IMAP Server remote account. These configuration settings are entered into the ImapCopy.cfg file.  Then run: imapcopy.exe -s -e the -e tells IMAPCopy to copy all folders, including empty ones and the -s tells IMAPCopy to subscribe you to any folders that are created on the destination.  When IMAPCopy finishes, you should have all your IMAP4 accounts in Mercury/32 moved to the other IMAP4 host.

Thanks. I did not quite follow what you meant by "Configure it to copy from 127.0.0.1 to your IMAP Server remote account.

These configuration settings are entered into the ImapCopy.cfg file."

What do I configure to 127.0.0.1?

Once I have run IMAPCopy, what format does it exist in as I need to import it into HMailServer.

<p>Thanks. I did not quite follow what you meant by "Configure it to copy from 127.0.0.1 to your IMAP Server remote account. These configuration settings are entered into the ImapCopy.cfg file."</p><p> What do I configure to 127.0.0.1?</p><p> Once I have run IMAPCopy, what format does it exist in as I need to import it into HMailServer. </p>

What do I configure to 127.0.0.1?

The program IMAPCopy has the imapcopy.cfg and you want to edit this file and configure the Source server as 127.0.0.1or localhost if you are doing this from the system running Mercury/32.

Once I have run IMAPCopy, what format does it exist in as I need to import it into HMailServer.

If done properly and the HMail server is set as the destination host then it's creating the accounts and mailfolders on this system.  I assume that HMail does IMAP4.

<blockquote><p> What do I configure to 127.0.0.1? </p></blockquote><p>The program IMAPCopy has the imapcopy.cfg and you want to edit this file and configure the Source server as 127.0.0.1or localhost if you are doing this from the system running Mercury/32.</p><blockquote><p>  Once I have run IMAPCopy, what format does it exist in as I need to import it into HMailServer. </p></blockquote><p>If done properly and the HMail server is set as the destination host then it's creating the accounts and mailfolders on this system.  I assume that HMail does IMAP4. </p>

I ran IMAPCopy as you suggested however get the following errors.

1. Getting List of Messages in "Inbox" Failed <SELECT> - copy aborted for this folder.

2.  Getting List of Messages in "mail" Failed <SELECT> - copy aborted for this folder.

It was able to log into the source i.e. Mercury and the  destination HMailServer.

What do I do?

&lt;p&gt;I ran IMAPCopy as you suggested however get the following errors.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;1. Getting List of Messages in &quot;Inbox&quot; Failed &amp;lt;SELECT&amp;gt; - copy aborted for this folder.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;2.&amp;nbsp; Getting List of Messages in &quot;mail&quot; Failed &amp;lt;SELECT&amp;gt; - copy aborted for this folder.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;It was able to log into the source i.e. Mercury and the&amp;nbsp; destination HMailServer.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;What do I do? &lt;/p&gt;

I ran IMAPCopy as you suggested however get the following errors.

I have no idea but I suspect there is something wrong with the changes you made in the cfg file.  When I did this I just entered the data for the servers and user and left the names of the folders blank and they all came through.  You might want to talk to the people that developed the program.  That said, did you test it first?  Did you set the debug files to show what's going on?

HOW TO USE IT

First edit the configuration file (ImapCopy.cfg) and adjust the source

and destinationserver. Add the source and destination users and

passwords. The following sample copys the users "foo" and "bar" from

server source.imap.com port 143 to server dest.imap.com port 145.

Passwords for foo are "foosrcpw" and "foodestpw", for bar "barsrcpw" and

"bardstpw". The folders "Trash", "Sent" and "Sent Objects" will not be

copied.

<tt>SourceServer source.imap.com</tt>

<tt>SourcePort 143</tt>

<tt>DestServer dest.imap.com</tt>

<tt>DestPort 145</tt>

<tt>#CreateEmptyFolders</tt>

<tt>skipfolder INBOX.Trash</tt>

<tt>skipfolder INBOX.Sent</tt>

<tt>skipfolder "INBOX.Sent Objects"</tt>

<tt>#       SourceUser </tt>

SourcePassword   DestinationUser DestinationPassword

<tt>Copy    "foo"       </tt>

"foosrcpw"        

"foo"          "foodestpw"

<tt>Copy    "bar"       </tt>

"barsrcpw"        

"bar"          "bardestpw"

Now verify that all users and passwords are correct:

<tt>imapcopy -t</tt>

You will get:

<tt>P:\LIB\TOOLS\ImapCopy&gt;imapcopy -t</tt>

<tt>Login on sourceserver as foo OK</tt>

<tt>Login on destinationserver as foo OK</tt>

<tt>Getting folderlist on sourceserver OK, found 16 folder</tt>

<tt>Login on sourceserver as bar OK</tt>

<tt>Login on destinationserver as bar OK</tt>

<tt>Getting folderlist on sourceserver OK, found 122 folder</tt>

<tt>2 User processed, 0 Messages copied, 0 Error(s)</tt>

<tt>0 Folder(s) created, 0 Folder create errors, 0 Folder not copied</tt>

You can also show some information about the used servers:

<tt>imapcopy -i</tt>

<tt>Server-Info          </tt>

: Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2001 Double Precision, Inc. 

See COPYING for distribution information.

<tt>Capabilities         : </tt>

IMAP4REV1 CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD =REFERENCES

SORT

<tt>Personal Namespace   : INBOX</tt>

<tt>Folder sperator      : .</tt>

<tt>other Users Namespace:</tt>

<tt>Public Namespace     : shared</tt>

<tt>Folders to copy      : ALL</tt>

<tt>Skip this folders    : NONE</tt>

<tt>Destinationserver:</tt>

<tt>==================</tt>

<tt>Server-Info          : </tt>

Domino IMAP4 Server Release 5.0.8  ready Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:09:36

+0200

<tt>Capabilities         : </tt>

IMAP4REV1 AUTH=LOGIN AUTH-LOGIN LITERAL+

<tt>Personal Namespace   :</tt>

<tt>Folder sperator      : \</tt>

<tt>other Users Namespace:</tt>

<tt>Public Namespace     :</tt>

Currently all private folders and messages are copyed. Public and

other users folders will be skipped. You can specify additional folders

that will not be copied (with skipfolder in configfile or -S on

commandline). You can also specify folders that will be copied (with

copyfolder in configfile or -O on commandline).

Before starting a full copy you should do a copy to a testuser with

the commandline-option -1. This will copy only the first message from

each folder. After that you can verify that folders can be created and

messages can be copied in general.

Note: Some users reported problems regarding flags. With some servers

the flags from the source server are not compatible with the supported flags on

the destination server. If you have problems copying mails, please try to enable

the AllowFlags directive in the config file.

&lt;blockquote&gt;I ran IMAPCopy as you suggested however get the following errors.&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have no idea but I suspect there is something wrong with the changes you made in the cfg file.&amp;nbsp; When I did this I just entered the data for the servers and user and left the names of the folders blank and they all came through.&amp;nbsp; You might want to talk to the people that developed the program.&amp;nbsp; That said, did you test it first?&amp;nbsp; Did you set the debug files to show what&#039;s going on? &lt;/p&gt;&lt;h1&gt;HOW TO USE IT&lt;/h1&gt; First edit the configuration file (ImapCopy.cfg) and adjust the source and destinationserver. Add the source and destination users and passwords. The following sample copys the users &quot;foo&quot; and &quot;bar&quot; from server source.imap.com port 143 to server dest.imap.com port 145. Passwords for foo are &quot;foosrcpw&quot; and &quot;foodestpw&quot;, for bar &quot;barsrcpw&quot; and &quot;bardstpw&quot;. The folders &quot;Trash&quot;, &quot;Sent&quot; and &quot;Sent Objects&quot; will not be copied. &lt;p&gt;&lt;tt&gt;SourceServer source.imap.com&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;SourcePort 143&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;DestServer dest.imap.com&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;DestPort 145&lt;/tt&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;tt&gt;#CreateEmptyFolders&lt;/tt&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;tt&gt;skipfolder INBOX.Trash&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;skipfolder INBOX.Sent&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;skipfolder &quot;INBOX.Sent Objects&quot;&lt;/tt&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;tt&gt;#&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; SourceUser SourcePassword&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; DestinationUser DestinationPassword&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Copy&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &quot;foo&quot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &quot;foosrcpw&quot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &quot;foo&quot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &quot;foodestpw&quot;&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Copy&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &quot;bar&quot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &quot;barsrcpw&quot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &quot;bar&quot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &quot;bardestpw&quot;&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;Now verify that all users and passwords are correct:&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;tt&gt;imapcopy -t&lt;/tt&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;You will get:&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;tt&gt;P:\LIB\TOOLS\ImapCopy&amp;gt;imapcopy -t&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Login on sourceserver as foo OK&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Login on destinationserver as foo OK&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Getting folderlist on sourceserver OK, found 16 folder&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Login on sourceserver as bar OK&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Login on destinationserver as bar OK&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Getting folderlist on sourceserver OK, found 122 folder&lt;/tt&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;tt&gt;2 User processed, 0 Messages copied, 0 Error(s)&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;0 Folder(s) created, 0 Folder create errors, 0 Folder not copied&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;You can also show some information about the used servers:&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;tt&gt;imapcopy -i&lt;/tt&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;tt&gt;Server-Info&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; : Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2001 Double Precision, Inc.&amp;nbsp; See COPYING for distribution information.&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Capabilities&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; : IMAP4REV1 CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD =REFERENCES SORT&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Personal Namespace&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; : INBOX&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Folder sperator&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; : .&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;other Users Namespace:&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Public Namespace&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; : shared&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Folders to copy&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; : ALL&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Skip this folders&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; : NONE&lt;/tt&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;tt&gt;Destinationserver:&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;==================&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Server-Info&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; : Domino IMAP4 Server Release 5.0.8&amp;nbsp; ready Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:09:36 +0200&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Capabilities&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; : IMAP4REV1 AUTH=LOGIN AUTH-LOGIN LITERAL+&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Personal Namespace&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; :&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Folder sperator&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; : \&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;other Users Namespace:&lt;/tt&gt; &lt;tt&gt;Public Namespace&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; :&lt;/tt&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;b&gt;Currently all private folders and messages are copyed.&lt;/b&gt; Public and other users folders will be skipped. You can specify additional folders that will not be copied (with skipfolder in configfile or -S on commandline). You can also specify folders that will be copied (with copyfolder in configfile or -O on commandline).&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; Before starting a full copy you should do a copy to a testuser with the commandline-option -1. This will copy only the first message from each folder. After that you can verify that folders can be created and messages can be copied in general. &lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Note:&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt; Some users reported problems regarding flags. With some servers the flags from the source server are not compatible with the supported flags on the destination server. If you have problems copying mails, please try to enable the AllowFlags directive in the config file.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Hi Thomas,

When you say that " left the names of the folders blank", are you referring to "skipfolder". Also what do you mean by "debug files to show what's going on?

I also seem to be getting the error message "Error saving message 845"

The only items I changed in the configuration files are the source and destination servers and the users for both servers.

&lt;p&gt;Hi Thomas,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;When you say that &quot; left the names of the folders blank&quot;, are you referring to &quot;skipfolder&quot;. Also what do you mean by &quot;debug files to show what&#039;s going on?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I also seem to be getting the error message &quot;Error saving message 845&quot; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The only items I changed in the configuration files are the source and destination servers and the users for both servers. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Michellea"]

Hi Thomas,

When you say that " left the names of the folders blank", are you referring to "skipfolder".

No, I meant that I did not enter any folder names at all.

Also what do you mean by "debug files to show what's going on?

In the Config file there are options to turn on the debug logging.

#########
# Options
#########
#
# DebugSrc and DebugDest will show all traffic between IMAPCopy and Server
#
#DebugSrc
#DebugDst

I also seem to be getting the error message "Error saving message 845"

I have no clue what that is.  That may be coming either from the program or other server, it's not coming from Mercury.

The only items I changed in the configuration files are the source and destination servers and the users for both servers.

As did I.  Did you run the tests to see if every thing was working?

[/quote]
&lt;blockquote&gt;[quote user=&quot;Michellea&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Hi Thomas,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;When you say that &quot; left the names of the folders blank&quot;, are you referring to &quot;skipfolder&quot;. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;No, I meant that I did not enter any folder names at all. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Also what do you mean by &quot;debug files to show what&#039;s going on?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;In the Config file there are options to turn on the debug logging.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;######### # Options ######### # # DebugSrc and DebugDest will show all traffic between IMAPCopy and Server # #DebugSrc #DebugDst &lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;I also seem to be getting the error message &quot;Error saving message 845&quot; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have no clue what that is.&amp;nbsp; That may be coming either from the program or other server, it&#039;s not coming from Mercury. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;The only items I changed in the configuration files are the source and destination servers and the users for both servers. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;As did I.&amp;nbsp; Did you run the tests to see if every thing was working? &lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;[/quote]&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Hi Thomas,

Where would I specify the folder names? I did run the tests the website suggested and had no errors displayed. 

&lt;p&gt;Hi Thomas, &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Where would I specify the folder names? I did run the tests the website suggested and had no errors displayed.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;

Where would I specify the folder names?

In the config.file 

#################
# Folders to copy
#################
#copyfolder INBOX
#copyfolder "INBOX.My personal files"
#copyfolder INBOX.Net-Connection.dy
#copyfolder INBOX.test

I did run the tests the website suggested and had no errors displayed. 

Then you may want to turn on the two debug file and see what they say when it fails.  

&lt;blockquote&gt;&amp;nbsp;Where would I specify the folder names?&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;In the config.file&amp;nbsp; ################# # Folders to copy ################# #copyfolder INBOX #copyfolder &quot;INBOX.My personal files&quot; #copyfolder INBOX.Net-Connection.dy #copyfolder INBOX.test&lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;I did run the tests the website suggested and had no errors displayed.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Then you may want to turn on the two debug file and see what they say when it fails. &amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Hi Thomas,

Looks like it is Mercury which is causing the issue. I am able to export/migrate all the sent items but none from INBOX. I even tried another tool found at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/IMAP_sync.aspx and it works wonderfully with SENT items but fails with INBOX items the same issue I found with IMAPCopy. It's getting very frustrating since I need to migrate over 30,000 emails from Mercury. Are you able to suggest anything I can do?

&lt;p&gt;Hi Thomas,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Looks like it is Mercury which is causing the issue. I am able to export/migrate all the sent items but none from INBOX. I even tried another tool found at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/IMAP_sync.aspx and it works wonderfully with SENT items but fails with INBOX items the same issue I found with IMAPCopy. It&#039;s getting very frustrating since I need to migrate over 30,000 emails from Mercury. Are you able to suggest anything I can do? &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Michellea"]Hi Thomas,

Looks like it is Mercury which is causing the issue.

I doubt if this a Mercury problem since I just finished a test copying between two Mercury servers. I did a previous copy back and forth between a GMail and Mercury account.  Both cases had mail from the INBOX transferred.  I've never worked with an HMail server though. I've attached my IMAPCOPY.cfg as IMAPCOPY.txt since this editor does not allow the cfg file extension.

I am able to export/migrate all the sent items but none from INBOX. I even tried another tool found at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/IMAP_sync.aspx and it works wonderfully with SENT items but fails with INBOX items the same issue I found with IMAPCopy. It's getting very frustrating since I need to migrate over 30,000 emails from Mercury. Are you able to suggest anything I can do?

Move the mail to a folder since it's only a problem with the INBOX?

[/quote]
&lt;blockquote&gt;[quote user=&quot;Michellea&quot;]Hi Thomas,&lt;p&gt;Looks like it is Mercury which is causing the issue. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;I doubt if this a Mercury problem since I just finished a test copying between two Mercury servers. I did a previous copy back and forth between a GMail and Mercury account.&amp;nbsp; Both cases had mail from the INBOX transferred.&amp;nbsp; I&#039;ve never worked with an HMail server though. I&#039;ve attached my IMAPCOPY.cfg as IMAPCOPY.txt since this editor does not allow the cfg file extension. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;I am able to export/migrate all the sent items but none from INBOX. I even tried another tool found at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/IMAP_sync.aspx and it works wonderfully with SENT items but fails with INBOX items the same issue I found with IMAPCopy. It&#039;s getting very frustrating since I need to migrate over 30,000 emails from Mercury. Are you able to suggest anything I can do?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Move the mail to a folder since it&#039;s only a problem with the INBOX? &lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;[/quote]&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Thanks Thomas. I'll give IMAPCopy another go with your config file. Assuming it still doesn't work, how do move the mail to another folder?

Thanks Thomas. I&#039;ll give IMAPCopy another go with your config file. Assuming it still doesn&#039;t work, how do move the mail to another folder?

Thanks Thomas. I'll give IMAPCopy another go with your config file.

Assuming it still doesn't work, how do move the mail to another folder?

Connect to the account in the direct mode with PMail and move the files out of the INBOX to a new folder.  You could do this as well with any IMAP4 client but it would take longer.
&lt;blockquote&gt;Thanks Thomas. I&#039;ll give IMAPCopy another go with your config file. Assuming it still doesn&#039;t work, how do move the mail to another folder?&lt;/blockquote&gt;Connect to the account in the direct mode with PMail and move the files out of the INBOX to a new folder.&amp;nbsp; You could do this as well with any IMAP4 client but it would take longer.

Hi Thomas,

I followed as you suggested however the mails server (Mercury) abruptly ends or terminates each time I attempt to move the messages. Is there any other way as I have a multitude of accounts and messages under each account and can't see myself going through each account as it would take too long. I was just having a looking at _INBOX_.PNM. Is this file a reference of all emails in the InBox? Is there anyway I could extract the files as referenced in that file and convert them to EML? I appreciate any suggestions.

&lt;p&gt;Hi Thomas,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I followed as you suggested however the mails server (Mercury) abruptly ends or terminates each time I attempt to move the messages. Is there any other way as I have a multitude of accounts and messages under each account and can&#039;t see myself going through each account as it would take too long. I was just having a looking at _INBOX_.PNM. Is this file a reference of all emails in the InBox? Is there anyway I could extract the files as referenced in that file and convert them to EML? I appreciate any suggestions. &lt;/p&gt;

> I followed as you suggested however the mails server (Mercury) abruptly ends or terminates each time I attempt to move the messages. Is there
> any other way as I have a multitude of accounts and messages under each account and can't see myself going through each account as it would
> take too long. I was just having a looking at _INBOX_.PNM. Is this file a reference of all emails in the InBox? Is there anyway I could extract
> the files as referenced in that file and convert them to EML? I appreciate any suggestions.

There are a few commercial programs to do this  type of conversion.

Aid4mail
       http://www.aid4mail.com/

Transend
       http://www.transend.com/

You might want to check out the converters available at the following site as well.
       http://www.emailman.com/conversion/#mboxwin

&amp;gt; I followed as you suggested however the mails server (Mercury) abruptly ends or terminates each time I attempt to move the messages. Is there &amp;gt; any other way as I have a multitude of accounts and messages under each account and can&#039;t see myself going through each account as it would &amp;gt; take too long. I was just having a looking at _INBOX_.PNM. Is this file a reference of all emails in the InBox? Is there anyway I could extract &amp;gt; the files as referenced in that file and convert them to EML? I appreciate any suggestions. There are a few commercial programs to do this&amp;nbsp; type of conversion. Aid4mail &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; http://www.aid4mail.com/ Transend &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; http://www.transend.com/ You might want to check out the converters available at the following site as well. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; http://www.emailman.com/conversion/#mboxwin

[quote]I followed as you suggested however the mails server (Mercury) abruptly

ends or terminates each time I attempt to move the messages.[/quote]

If you use Pegasus in direct mode, Mercury is not involved in the process.

[quote]I was just having a looking at _INBOX_.PNM. Is this file a reference of

all emails in the InBox? Is there anyway I could extract the files as

referenced in that file and convert them to EML? I appreciate any

suggestions.[/quote]

Not sure of the function of the _INBOX_.PNM

Each message in the 'Inbox' is a separate .CNM file in the users new mail folder.

These are just text files containing the RFC2821 message body. You can open them with any text editor or rename them to whatever you like.

&lt;p&gt;[quote]I followed as you suggested however the mails server (Mercury) abruptly ends or terminates each time I attempt to move the messages.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If you use Pegasus in direct mode, Mercury is not involved in the process. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[quote]I was just having a looking at _INBOX_.PNM. Is this file a reference of all emails in the InBox? Is there anyway I could extract the files as referenced in that file and convert them to EML? I appreciate any suggestions.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Not sure of the function of the _INBOX_.PNM&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Each message in the &#039;Inbox&#039; is a separate .CNM file in the users new mail folder.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;These are just text files containing the RFC2821 message body. You can open them with any text editor or rename them to whatever you like. &lt;/p&gt;

Thanks Thomas. Aid4Mail worked like a charm. I was able to extract each account and its mailbox and emails in EML format. I'll have to now import them into HMailServer. Any suggestions? I'm looking at IMAPSize.

Thanks Thomas. Aid4Mail worked like a charm. I was able to extract each account and its mailbox and emails in EML format. I&#039;ll have to now import them into HMailServer. Any suggestions? I&#039;m looking at IMAPSize.

I'm not sure if this is unique to the setup I have however Mercury is a resource hog and as soon as an email client connects to it, it simply consumes the CPU and it takes over 10 minutes for an email client to connect and retrieve the emails to it i.e. Thunderbird and Outlook. Mercury also seems to abruptly end on many occasions. I have had to have install FireDaemon to restart each time Mercury terminates.I'm not complaining however it does become frustrating when you have to migrate a multitude of accounts.

Sorry each of my ranting...

If each message in the "Inbox" is stored as a separate .CNM file, where are the messages for the "Sent" items and the remaining folders stored.

&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m not sure if this is unique to the setup I have however Mercury is a resource hog and as soon as an email client connects to it, it simply consumes the CPU and it takes over 10 minutes for an email client to connect and retrieve the emails to it i.e. Thunderbird and Outlook. Mercury also seems to abruptly end on many occasions. I have had to have install FireDaemon to restart each time Mercury terminates.I&#039;m not complaining however it does become frustrating when you have to migrate a multitude of accounts. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Sorry each of my ranting... &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If each message in the &quot;Inbox&quot; is stored as a separate .CNM file, where are the messages for the &quot;Sent&quot; items and the remaining folders stored. &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft