Community Discussions and Support
AW: HowTo write Armenian in Pegasus

Hello,

we tried to write mails in Armenian language in Pegasus (win32, 4.41, de) and WinXP but we got only question marks instead of armenian letters. We used Arial Unicode MS and switched to UTF-8. If I write the Text in notepad and copy and paste it into Pegasus  I get correct armenian text but I can't edit the text.

Any ideas how to write Armenian?

Greetings Thomas

<p>Hello,</p> <p>we tried to write mails in Armenian language in Pegasus (win32, 4.41, de) and WinXP but we got only question marks instead of armenian letters. We used Arial Unicode MS and switched to UTF-8. If I write the Text in notepad and copy and paste it into Pegasus  I get correct armenian text but I can't edit the text. </p><p> Any ideas how to write Armenian?</p><p> </p><p>Greetings Thomas </p>

Hi, can you download a few specific Armenian fonts at this address:

http://www.armsite.com/software/

and then install them. Then go to Tools -> Options -> Message reader -> set font. You select an Arminian font, restart Pmail and see what happens.

<p>Hi, can you download a few specific Armenian fonts at this address:</p><p> </p><p>http://www.armsite.com/software/</p><p> </p><p>and then install them. Then go to Tools -> Options -> Message reader -> set font. You select an Arminian font, restart Pmail and see what happens. </p>

The official charset appears to be: armscii-8  which is supported by Iconv. So Pegasus Mail can convert this into Utf-8 automatically.

Martin

<p>The official charset appears to be: armscii-8  which is supported by Iconv. So Pegasus Mail can convert this into Utf-8 automatically.</p><p>Martin </p>

[quote user="arnaudherve"]

... download a few specific Armenian ... install ...... set font. ...what happens.

[/quote]

Nothing, still question marks. 

[quote user="arnaudherve"]<p>... download a few specific Armenian ... install ...... set font. ...what happens. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Nothing, still question marks.  </p>

[quote user="irelam"]

The official charset appears to be: armscii-8  which is supported by Iconv. So Pegasus Mail can convert this into Utf-8 automatically.

[/quote]

I'm sorry, I don't understand?

[quote user="irelam"]<p>The official charset appears to be: armscii-8  which is supported by Iconv. So Pegasus Mail can convert this into Utf-8 automatically.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>I'm sorry, I don't understand? </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft