Community Discussions and Support
Templates: string variable length

I've been setting up a template today. I tried to set the maximum length of a single-line string variable to 3 characters but it seems that I can type longer than that and it all gets accepted, rather than only the first three characters. Nor does it stop me typing beyond three characters.

I've since tested with the other forms of string variables such as passwords and again the length limit seems to be ignored. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding or misusing the length argument? I have written the template using the editor, not by hand.

<P>I've been setting up a template today. I tried to set the maximum length of a single-line string variable to 3 characters but it seems that I can type longer than that and it all gets accepted, rather than only the first three characters. Nor does it stop me typing beyond three characters.</P><P>I've since tested with the other forms of string variables such as passwords and again the length limit seems to be ignored. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding or misusing the length argument? I have written the template using the editor, not by hand.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft