Community Discussions and Support
Deleting a second identity called "default"

Thank you Han,

your reply was realy helpful !  [:D]  

It worked fine!

Now I am ready for Pegasus 5, if it should be installed  "over" V4.41

Michael

<p>Thank you Han,</p><p>your reply was realy helpful !  [:D]  </p><p> It worked fine!</p><p>Now I am ready for Pegasus 5, if it should be installed  "over" V4.41 </p><p>  Michael  </p>

Hello all Pegasus-fans,

by mistake I did create a second identity called "default", now it is not possible to delete this. (Surely a protection for not deleting the original <Default>-identity.)

How can I get rid of this?

Michael

&lt;p&gt;Hello all Pegasus-fans,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;by mistake I did create a second identity called &quot;default&quot;, now it is not possible to delete this. (Surely a protection for not deleting the original &amp;lt;Default&amp;gt;-identity.) &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;How can I get rid of this?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Michael &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Well it's a bit tricky and you should do this only if you know how to edit a txt file using an ascii editor like Notepad (NOT WITH WORD etc).

• Find the home mailbox location
  • Close down Pegasus Mail for Windows
  • Got to the home mailbox directory in Windows Explorer
  • COPY PMAIL.INI to pmail.SAV
  • In an ascii (text) editor open pmail.ini
  • remove the name = <what you want to delete> line from the [Pegasus Mail for Windows - Identities] section
  • scroll down until you find the section [WinPMail Identity - <what you want to delete> ] and delete that whole section.

Now save the file and restart Pegasus Mail for Windows.

&lt;p&gt;Well it&#039;s a bit tricky and you should do this only if you know how to edit a txt file using an ascii editor like Notepad (NOT WITH WORD etc). &lt;/p&gt;&lt;ul&gt;&lt;li&gt;Find the home mailbox location&lt;/li&gt;&lt;li&gt;Close down Pegasus Mail for Windows&lt;/li&gt;&lt;li&gt;Got to the home mailbox directory in Windows Explorer&lt;/li&gt;&lt;li&gt;COPY PMAIL.INI to pmail.SAV&lt;/li&gt;&lt;li&gt;In an ascii (text) editor open pmail.ini&lt;/li&gt;&lt;li&gt;remove the name = &amp;lt;what you want to delete&amp;gt; line from the [Pegasus Mail for Windows - Identities] section&lt;/li&gt;&lt;li&gt;scroll down until you find the section [WinPMail Identity - &amp;lt;what you want to delete&amp;gt; ] and delete that whole section.&lt;/li&gt;&lt;/ul&gt;&lt;p&gt;Now save the file and restart Pegasus Mail for Windows.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft