Community Discussions and Support
Betreft: Pegasus has stopped downloading and sending . . .

[quote user="Lythande"]You say you downloaded once, so I doubt this is the case, but since you also say you have three different email accounts which all suddenly stopped working (and assuming for the moment they're not all on the same server) and under the "let us not overlook the obvious" theory of completeness, did you happen to accidentally click the online/offline toggle icon?  Too many things point against this, but for the above reasons I thought I'd include it.
[/quote]

Lythande,

You are becoming too efficient, YES, I did check the OnLine/OffLine toggle on each of the different Addies.  They are all three on this one CPU using CMD/Line "Pegasus\Programs\winpm-32.exe -A -MS -I " with the individual NickNames.

Excuse me, I am just being a little facetious.  I have over looked that before and this time I had made special effort to do just that.  CHECKed not just once but several times.  Also did take it OffLine and returned it to OnLine because there have been some strange happenings on this system.  My Shift key has reversed operations, pressed and get lower case and release get CAPS, it may have been the CAPS Lock may have changed function but the indicator light was Off.  CAPS without the shift key being pressed.  That lasted about 15 minutes then suddenly was back to normal.  This has occurred several times in the past 2-4 weeks.  NO, I am not asking you to troubleshoot other problems, all operations are back to NORMAL, or as normal as can be.  This is just an example of some of these strange happenings.

Thank you for this suggestion,

<p>[quote user="Lythande"]You say you downloaded once, so I doubt this is the case, but since you also say you have three different email accounts which all suddenly stopped working (and assuming for the moment they're not all on the same server) and under the "let us not overlook the obvious" theory of completeness, did you happen to accidentally click the online/offline toggle icon?  Too many things point against this, but for the above reasons I thought I'd include it. [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Lythande,</p><p>You are becoming <u>too</u> efficient, YES, I did check the OnLine/OffLine toggle on each of the different Addies.  They are all three on this one CPU using CMD/Line "Pegasus\Programs\winpm-32.exe -A -MS -I " with the individual NickNames.</p><p> Excuse me, I am just being a little facetious.  I have over looked that before and this time I had made special effort to do just that.  CHECKed not just once but several times.  Also did take it OffLine and returned it to OnLine because there have been some strange happenings on this system.  My Shift key has reversed operations, pressed and get lower case and release get CAPS, it may have been the CAPS Lock may have changed function but the indicator light was Off.  CAPS without the shift key being pressed.  That lasted about 15 minutes then suddenly was back to normal.  This has occurred several times in the past 2-4 weeks.  NO, I am not asking you to troubleshoot other problems, all operations are back to NORMAL, or as normal as can be.  This is just an example of some of these strange happenings.</p><p>Thank you for this suggestion, </p>

For some unknown reason my client has ceased to do any operations.  I have removed the settings in Tools/Internet Options and re-established them as different Profiles without any success.  Several times this has been done, one time my mail did download but would not send.  Below is the "POP3 Network or Protocol Error" window information:

Hostname:  pop.MYISP.com

Name of POP3 profile:  PopThree

Description of error:  A network error occurred during connection to the host.

Trace showing end of transaction

<< No trace information available >>

I have three e-mail accounts and they all produce the same error.  I can enter my e-mail account through WebMail using my browser.  Just cannot get them to work within Pegasus.

&lt;p&gt;For some unknown reason my client has ceased to do any operations.&amp;nbsp; I have removed the settings in Tools/Internet Options and re-established them as different Profiles without any success.&amp;nbsp; Several times this has been done, one time my mail did download but would not send.&amp;nbsp; Below is the &quot;POP3 Network or Protocol Error&quot; window information: &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Hostname:&amp;nbsp; pop.MYISP.com&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Name of POP3 profile:&amp;nbsp; PopThree&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Description of error:&amp;nbsp; A network error occurred during connection to the host.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Trace showing end of transaction &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt; No trace information available &amp;gt;&amp;gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have three e-mail accounts and they all produce the same error.&amp;nbsp; I can enter my e-mail account through WebMail using my browser.&amp;nbsp; Just cannot get them to work within Pegasus.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Dear NTxLS, you wrote: "one time my mail did download but would not send." You are aware of the use of SMTP for sending mail and you need your ISP's SMTP for doing that? You have to use smtp.MYISP.com

I think it has nothing to do with Pegasus Mail but with your settings or your ISP.
Check the timeout settings under Tools - Internet options... tab Receiving (POP3) tab General you should increase them to about 120 seconds.
Start a logsession; so go to Tools - Internet options... General and turn on "Create Internet session logs (advanced diagnostic use only).

Dear NTxLS, you wrote: &quot;one time my mail did download but would not send.&quot; You are aware of the use of SMTP for &lt;STRONG&gt;sending&lt;/STRONG&gt; mail and you need &lt;STRONG&gt;your&lt;/STRONG&gt; ISP&#039;s SMTP for doing that? You have to use smtp.MYISP.com &lt;P&gt;I think it has nothing to do with Pegasus Mail but with your settings or your ISP. Check the timeout settings under Tools - Internet options... tab Receiving (POP3) tab General you should increase them to about 120 seconds. Start a logsession; so go to Tools - Internet options... General and turn on &quot;Create Internet session logs (advanced diagnostic use only). &lt;/P&gt;

Phons van Oploo,

Thank you for this reply, but; I have been using Pegasus for many years and do know how to setup my send and receive of e-mail.  Just did not want to place my isp in that area that is why I did the capital letters.  Also know that SSL is used and there is a need for validation of my access using my login/w password and that is done correctly.  It has worked AOK for about the last several years without any problems until just a couple of days ago.  I have the time out set for 120sec yet still will not work.  Also have used this on Win98, Win98SE, WinXP Home SP1 and now on Vista SP1.

&lt;p&gt;&lt;b&gt;Phons van Oploo,&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Thank you for this reply, but; I have been using Pegasus for many years and do know how to setup my send and receive of e-mail.&amp;nbsp; Just did not want to place my isp in that area that is why I did the capital letters.&amp;nbsp; Also know that SSL is used and there is a need for validation of my access using my login/w password and that is done correctly.&amp;nbsp; It has worked AOK for about the last several years without any problems until just a couple of days ago.&amp;nbsp; I have the time out set for 120sec yet still will not work.&amp;nbsp; Also have used this on Win98, Win98SE, WinXP Home SP1 and now on Vista SP1. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;

It has worked AOK for about the last several years without any problems

until just a couple of days ago.  I have the time out set for 120sec

yet still will not work.

The problem is that this does not look like any sort of PMail setup problem.  Either the server is down (and you did not tell us what server for some reason), something is blocking PMail's access to the internet (firewall?), or the Winsock is turned off.  Since you did not mention that the "world" icons were missing then I assume that the Winsock is not turned off.  This puts the problem outside of PMail and so we need more info to help. 
&lt;blockquote&gt;It has worked AOK for about the last several years without any problems until just a couple of days ago.&amp;nbsp; I have the time out set for 120sec yet still will not work.&lt;/blockquote&gt;The problem is that this does not look like any sort of PMail setup problem.&amp;nbsp; Either the server is down (and you did not tell us what server for some reason), something is blocking PMail&#039;s access to the internet (firewall?), or the Winsock is turned off.&amp;nbsp; Since you did not mention that the &quot;world&quot; icons were missing then I assume that the Winsock is not turned off.&amp;nbsp; This puts the problem outside of PMail and so we need more info to help.&amp;nbsp;

Dear NTxLS,

It's clear for my you did not want to place your ISP in that area why you used capital letters. Are there things at your ISP changed? As I wrote earlier it seems to me the problem has nothing to do with Pegasus Mail. Maybe one of the other guys has a solution or a suggestion to solve your problem.

&lt;P&gt;Dear NTxLS, It&#039;s clear for my you did not want to place your ISP in that area why you used capital letters. Are there things at your ISP changed? As I wrote earlier it seems to me the problem has nothing to do with Pegasus Mail. Maybe one of the other guys has a solution or a suggestion to solve your problem. &lt;/P&gt;

Excuse me, I have double 'Noids' (paranoid) and do not like to post much information about my system or connection to the web, I know if the bad guys want to find out they can and that is their problem to search out.  I do not intend to HELP them in any way.  My ISP is AT&T and as far as I know nothing has changed on their end, at least I have not been informed of any changes.  They usually inform us if any changes are made.  That does NOT mean nothing was changed.  I have contacted them by teley and all seems to be AOK!  Maybe I need to retry to contact them again and ask if they have made any changes.  I do know they blocked my e-mail one time a couple of years ago for NO reason and one person found that and cleared that block for me.

Mr. Stephenson,

The World Icons are there as they should be.  Also you have established what I had as a suspiction that it is not within P-Mail's problem so I will recontact my ISP for more assistance. 

&lt;p&gt;Excuse me, I have double &#039;Noids&#039; (paranoid) and do not like to post much information about my system or connection to the web, I know if the bad guys want to find out they can and that is their problem to search out.&amp;nbsp; I do not intend to HELP them in any way.&amp;nbsp; My ISP is AT&amp;amp;T and as far as I know nothing has changed on their end, at least I have not been informed of any changes.&amp;nbsp; They usually inform us if any changes are made.&amp;nbsp; That does NOT mean nothing was changed.&amp;nbsp; I have contacted them by teley and all seems to be AOK!&amp;nbsp; Maybe I need to retry to contact them again and ask if they have made any changes.&amp;nbsp; I do know they blocked my e-mail one time a couple of years ago for NO reason and one person found that and cleared that block for me.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Mr. Stephenson,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The World Icons are there as they should be.&amp;nbsp; Also you have established what I had as a suspiction that it is not within P-Mail&#039;s problem so I will recontact my ISP for more assistance.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;

Dear NTxLS,

Here settings for POP3 and SMTP:
AT&T Worldnet incoming mail server: postoffice.worldnet.att.net
AT&T Worldnet outgoing mail server: mailhost.worldnet.att.net

Good luck.

Dear NTxLS, Here settings for POP3 and SMTP: AT&amp;amp;T Worldnet incoming mail server: postoffice.worldnet.att.net AT&amp;amp;T Worldnet outgoing mail server: mailhost.worldnet.att.net Good luck.

Phons van Oploo,

Thank you for this info as I use a local access for my e-mail account not a global.  I am in the process of calling them again to see what has gone wrong.

Thank you again for this and all that have provided HELP,

&lt;p&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Phons van Oploo,&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Thank you for this info as I use a local access for my e-mail account not a global.&amp;nbsp; I am in the process of calling them again to see what has gone wrong.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank you again for this and all that have provided HELP, &lt;/p&gt;

The World Icons are there as they should be.  Also you have established

what I had as a suspiction that it is not within P-Mail's problem so I

will recontact my ISP for more assistance.

Talking to the ISP will not help much unless you actually can get to talk to someone that knows the system and can point you to the exact requirements to make the connection. 

1.  Do they require STARTTLS, Direct SSL? 

2.  What is the exact server name to use for both POP3 and SMTP?  

3.  Does the username entry require just the username or full e-mail address? 

4.  Does the sending require ESMTP AUTH? 

There are a number of other thing you should check at well. 

1.  Can you make a connection to the ISP servers via telnet into ports 25 or 110.

2.  Can you connect with another e-mail client? 

&lt;blockquote&gt;The World Icons are there as they should be.&amp;nbsp; Also you have established what I had as a suspiction that it is not within P-Mail&#039;s problem so I will recontact my ISP for more assistance. &lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Talking to the ISP will not help much unless you actually can get to talk to someone that knows the system and can point you to the exact requirements to make the connection.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;1.&amp;nbsp; Do they require STARTTLS, Direct SSL?&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;2.&amp;nbsp; What is the exact server name to use for both POP3 and SMTP? &amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;3.&amp;nbsp; Does the username entry require just the username or full e-mail address?&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;4.&amp;nbsp; Does the sending require ESMTP AUTH?&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;There are a number of other thing you should check at well.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;1.&amp;nbsp; Can you make a connection to the ISP servers via telnet into ports 25 or 110.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;2.&amp;nbsp; Can you connect with another e-mail client?&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

You say you downloaded once, so I doubt this is the case, but since you also say you have three different email accounts which all suddenly stopped working (and assuming for the moment they're not all on the same server) and under the "let us not overlook the obvious" theory of completeness, did you happen to accidentally click the online/offline toggle icon?  Too many things point against this, but for the above reasons I thought I'd include it.

You say you downloaded once, so I doubt this is the case, but since you also say you have three different email accounts which all suddenly stopped working (and assuming for the moment they&#039;re not all on the same server) and under the &quot;let us not overlook the obvious&quot; theory of completeness, did you happen to accidentally click the online/offline toggle icon?&amp;nbsp; Too many things point against this, but for the above reasons I thought I&#039;d include it.

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]

The World Icons are there as they should be.  Also you have established

what I had as a suspiction that it is not within P-Mail's problem so I

will recontact my ISP for more assistance.

Talking to the ISP will not help much unless you actually can get to talk to someone that knows the system and can point you to the exact requirements to make the connection. 

1.  Do they require STARTTLS, Direct SSL? 

2.  What is the exact server name to use for both POP3 and SMTP?  

3.  Does the username entry require just the username or full e-mail address? 

4.  Does the sending require ESMTP AUTH? 

There are a number of other thing you should check at well. 

1.  Can you make a connection to the ISP servers via telnet into ports 25 or 110.

2.  Can you connect with another e-mail client? 

[/quote]

Mr. Stephenson,

#1. YES, Direct SSL and it is checked.

#2. pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com

#3. Full e-mail addy required.

#4. YES, SMTP Authentication, and both requiring  "-From this POP3 definition:"

The ports are not 25 & 110.  They are 995 (pop) & 465 (smtp).

That is my next project, WinMail, will be used ASAP.

Thank you SIR,

[quote user=&quot;Thomas R. Stephenson&quot;]&lt;blockquote&gt;The World Icons are there as they should be.&amp;nbsp; Also you have established what I had as a suspiction that it is not within P-Mail&#039;s problem so I will recontact my ISP for more assistance. &lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Talking to the ISP will not help much unless you actually can get to talk to someone that knows the system and can point you to the exact requirements to make the connection.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;1.&amp;nbsp; Do they require STARTTLS, Direct SSL?&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;2.&amp;nbsp; What is the exact server name to use for both POP3 and SMTP? &amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;3.&amp;nbsp; Does the username entry require just the username or full e-mail address?&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;4.&amp;nbsp; Does the sending require ESMTP AUTH?&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;There are a number of other thing you should check at well.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;1.&amp;nbsp; Can you make a connection to the ISP servers via telnet into ports 25 or 110.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;2.&amp;nbsp; Can you connect with another e-mail client?&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Mr. Stephenson,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;#1. YES, Direct SSL and it is checked.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;#2. pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;#3. Full e-mail addy required.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;#4. YES, SMTP Authentication, and both requiring&amp;nbsp; &quot;-From this POP3 definition:&quot;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The ports are not 25 &amp;amp; 110.&amp;nbsp; They are 995 (pop) &amp;amp; 465 (smtp).&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;That is my next project, WinMail, will be used ASAP.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank you SIR, &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft