Community Discussions and Support
General Rule Set

[quote user="Dirty Harry"]

Okay, I'll try that, however, the help file reports that new mail filters are not applied to read mail.

[/quote]

The help is half right: new mail filtering rules applied when the folder is OPENED are not applied to read mail, but the on-close rule set DOES apply to read mail (it really wouldn't be much use if it didn't). On Han's prompting, I've made a note to clarify this in the help file for the next version.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="Dirty Harry"]<p>Okay, I'll try that, however, the help file reports that new mail filters are not applied to read mail.</p>[/quote] The help is half right: new mail filtering rules applied when the folder is OPENED are not applied to read mail, but the on-close rule set DOES apply to read mail (it really wouldn't be much use if it didn't). On Han's prompting, I've made a note to clarify this in the help file for the next version. Cheers! -- David --

Created a general rule:

TYPE-Headers, CONDITION-"F E contains 'Hillary', ACTION-move to 'Evil'

In the NEW MAIL folder drop down box checked "attach folder-close filter set" and selected the rule.

Open new mail folder, open message, reply to message, close new mail folder and ole Hillary stays right there in the new mail folder.

What am I missing?

<P>Created a general rule:</P> <P>TYPE-Headers, CONDITION-"F E contains 'Hillary', ACTION-move to 'Evil'</P> <P>In the NEW MAIL folder drop down box checked "attach folder-close filter set" and selected the rule.</P> <P>Open new mail folder, open message, reply to message, close new mail folder and ole Hillary stays right there in the new mail folder.</P> <P>What am I missing?</P>

Created a general rule:

TYPE-Headers, CONDITION-"F E contains 'Hillary', ACTION-move to 'Evil'

In the NEW MAIL folder drop down box checked "attach folder-close filter set" and selected the rule.

Open new mail folder, open message, reply to message, close new mail folder and ole Hillary stays right there in the new mail folder.

What am I missing?

[/quote]

I really think that the general rule sets will not be applied because the new mail folder isn't a real folder but a view on files with a cnm extensions. 

Create a new mail on open / close filter set, which does work.

[quote user="Dirty Harry"]<p>Created a general rule:</p> <p>TYPE-Headers, CONDITION-"F E contains 'Hillary', ACTION-move to 'Evil'</p> <p>In the NEW MAIL folder drop down box checked "attach folder-close filter set" and selected the rule.</p> <p>Open new mail folder, open message, reply to message, close new mail folder and ole Hillary stays right there in the new mail folder.</p> <p>What am I missing?</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>I really think that the general rule sets will not be applied because the new mail folder isn't a real folder but a view on files with a cnm extensions.  </p><p>Create a new mail on open / close filter set, which does work.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]

Create a new mail on open / close filter set, which does work.

[/quote]

Not really following what you mean here.  There is no way to auto move a message from new mail to another folder?

Thanks for your reply

<P>[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]</P> <P>Create a new mail on open / close filter set, which does work.</P> <P>[/quote]</P> <P>Not really following what you mean here.  There is no way to auto move a message from new mail to another folder?</P> <P> Thanks for your reply</P>

Just to make sure I understand what you want....

1. Message comes in into the new mail folder
2. you read them there
3. you want them to be automatically moved to another folder.

In that case use the New Mail filtering rules applied on close. And when you are done with the new mail folder, close it and all filter rules will be applied.

If you don't want the messages to stay in the new mail folder at all, just use the new mail filter rules applied on opening the new mail folder.

<p>Just to make sure I understand what you want....</p><p>1. Message comes in into the new mail folder 2. you read them there 3. you want them to be automatically moved to another folder.</p><p>In that case use the New Mail filtering rules applied on close. And when you are done with the new mail folder, close it and all filter rules will be applied. </p><p>If you don't want the messages to stay in the new mail folder at all, just use the new mail filter rules applied on opening the new mail folder.</p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Just to make sure I understand what you want....

1. Message comes in into the new mail folder
2. you read them there
3. you want them to be automatically moved to another folder.

In that case use the New Mail filtering rules applied on close. And when you are done with the new mail folder, close it and all filter rules will be applied.

If you don't want the messages to stay in the new mail folder at all, just use the new mail filter rules applied on opening the new mail folder.

[/quote]

Okay, I'll try that, however, the help file reports that new mail filters are not applied to read mail.

Thanks for your reply.

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"] <P>Just to make sure I understand what you want....</P> <P>1. Message comes in into the new mail folder 2. you read them there 3. you want them to be automatically moved to another folder.</P> <P>In that case use the New Mail filtering rules applied on close. And when you are done with the new mail folder, close it and all filter rules will be applied. </P> <P>If you don't want the messages to stay in the new mail folder at all, just use the new mail filter rules applied on opening the new mail folder.</P> <P>[/quote]</P> <P>Okay, I'll try that, however, the help file reports that new mail filters are not applied to read mail.</P> <P>Thanks for your reply.</P>

[/quote]

Yup, that worked. 

[/quote]

Yeah, I had it initially setup that way but didn't like bouncing around in the folders to read/reply to the new mail.  Reading them all first and then putting them in the drawers works better.

Thank you sir for the reply.

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"] <P>In that case use the New Mail filtering rules applied on close. And when you are done with the new mail folder, close it and all filter rules will be applied. </P> <P> [/quote]</P> <P>Yup, that worked. </P> <P> [quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"] </P> <P>If you don't want the messages to stay in the new mail folder at all, just use the new mail filter rules applied on opening the new mail folder.</P> <P>[/quote]</P> <P>Yeah, I had it initially setup that way but didn't like bouncing around in the folders to read/reply to the new mail.  Reading them all first and then putting them in the drawers works better.</P> <P>Thank you sir for the reply.</P>

[/quote]

I have passed on a correction for the help to the beta team. Tks for pointing this out.

<p>[quote user="Dirty Harry"]</p><p>Okay, I'll try that, however, the help file reports that new mail filters are not applied to read mail. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>I have passed on a correction for the help to the beta team. Tks for pointing this out.</p>

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft