Community Discussions and Support
Custom Header Behaviour Anomaly

Thanks for the positive indication David, I will certainly jog the memory banks for you in due course.

<p>Thanks for the positive indication David, I will certainly jog the memory banks for you in due course.  </p><p> </p>

I have been using a specific Custom Header in all my email reply for years  - ~L~L Good Morning ~C,~L with the intent that the first 2 lines will be blank followed by a salutation - blank line and then I start  with my reply.

The only minor annoyance is that PM will do as I ask, but then places the cursor back at the very beginning, requiring several down arrow hits to put me where I want to be.

I have tried the variation of Good Morning ~C,~L but the cursor is still placed before.  Enabling / Disabling the Option "For replies, place the cursor on an initial blank line" does not affect the desired outcome.

Could consideration be given to correct the behaviour in the next version?  

<p>I have been using a specific Custom Header in all my email reply for years  - <b>~L~L Good Morning ~C,~L</b> with the intent that the first 2 lines will be blank followed by a salutation - blank line and then I start  with my reply. </p><p>The only minor annoyance is that PM will do as I ask, but then places the cursor back at the very beginning, requiring several down arrow hits to put me where I want to be.</p><p>I have tried the variation of <b>Good Morning ~C,~L</b> but the cursor is still placed before.  Enabling / Disabling the Option <i>"For replies, place the cursor on an initial blank line" </i>does not affect the desired outcome.</p><p>Could consideration be given to correct the behaviour in the next version?  </p><p> </p><p> </p>

[quote user="BMS"]

I have been using a specific Custom Header in all my email reply for years  - ~L~L Good Morning ~C,~L with the intent that the first 2 lines will be blank followed by a salutation - blank line and then I start  with my reply.

The only minor annoyance is that PM will do as I ask, but then places the cursor back at the very beginning, requiring several down arrow hits to put me where I want to be.

I have tried the variation of Good Morning ~C,~L but the cursor is still placed before.  Enabling / Disabling the Option "For replies, place the cursor on an initial blank line" does not affect the desired outcome.

[/quote]

Don't think so, as the custom header line is intended to tell the receiving end about the message you are referring to. In your case you will not have any separator automatically inserted between the original message and your reply. 

Perhaps a good way for you is to use a glossary (Tools menu) called GM and enter exactly what you want in there.

Typing GM ctrl / will in that case expand the text. Advantage you can create GE GN as well.... and use the custom header line as where it was originally designed for.

[quote user="BMS"]<p>I have been using a specific Custom Header in all my email reply for years  - <b>~L~L Good Morning ~C,~L</b> with the intent that the first 2 lines will be blank followed by a salutation - blank line and then I start  with my reply. </p><p>The only minor annoyance is that PM will do as I ask, but then places the cursor back at the very beginning, requiring several down arrow hits to put me where I want to be.</p><p>I have tried the variation of <b>Good Morning ~C,~L</b> but the cursor is still placed before.  Enabling / Disabling the Option <i>"For replies, place the cursor on an initial blank line" </i>does not affect the desired outcome.</p><p>Could consideration be given to correct the behaviour in the next version? [/quote]</p><p>Don't think so, as the custom header line is intended to tell the receiving end about the message you are referring to. In your case you will not have any separator automatically inserted between the original message and your reply. </p><p>Perhaps a good way for you is to use a glossary (Tools menu) called GM and enter exactly what you want in there.</p><p>Typing GM ctrl / will in that case expand the text. Advantage you can create GE GN as well.... and use the custom header line as where it was originally designed for.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Thanks Han, I may stick with the "inconvenience" [:)]  as my current method alows for the use of variables ie ~C which is very handy. I use the Glossary for all my stock paragraphs and standard replies.

Thanks Han, I may stick with the "inconvenience" [:)]  as my current method alows for the use of variables ie ~C which is very handy. I use the Glossary for all my stock paragraphs and standard replies.<p>  </p>

[quote user="BMS"]

[/quote]

I won't make any promises, but if it's easy, I'll try to do this for you. I'm going to have to rework the whole signature area for v5 anyway, so it might be possible.

I suggest that you jog my memory about this (in a private message) when you see postings here indicating that work is in progress on v5.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="BMS"]<p>Could consideration be given to correct the behaviour in the next version?  </p>[/quote] I won't make any promises, but if it's easy, I'll try to do this for you. I'm going to have to rework the whole signature area for v5 anyway, so it might be possible. I suggest that you jog my memory about this (in a private message) when you see postings here indicating that work is in progress on v5. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft