Community Discussions and Support
Humble congrats to Pegasus mail.

Hello!

As the future options are concerned, there is an external program you could use for importing messages: Mercury/32.

Mercury is a mail-server program that also has IMAP-support. The basic idea is to install Mercury with its IMAP-support, then copy the messages from other e-mail clients to the IMAP-account (created by Mercury), then move that messages from the IMAP-account to Pegasus Mail's local mailbox.

I have never used that before, so I can only tell what you might do. The disadvantage is that you have to do so manually; the advantage is that the "transport" via IMAP follows standardised rules, so the messages should not be altered or get lost (to the best of my knowledge).

Another idea is that save the messages in a folder that is in Unix mailbox format (*.mbx-files when created in Pegasus Mail). Since Pegasus Mail has some (limited) support for *.mbx-files, one e-mail client could create such a folder, and the oether one (Pegasus Mail) would read it.

You could create a folder in the Unix mailbox format in the other e-mail client and then make Pegasus Mail (try to) read that file, either by copying that file to that Pegasus Mail user's mailbox directory (and renaming that file to an *.mbx-file), or by using the "Add mailbox to list..."-command (and poiting to that directory that contains the *.mbx-files).

As above, you should have to do the work manually...and again, the only thing I know about these conversion steps is the theory - I have never done that in practice, so I do not know about any pitfalls.

Perhaps, others can tell you more about that.

<p> </p><p>Hello!</p><p> </p><p>As the future options are concerned, there is an external program you could use for importing messages: Mercury/32.</p><p>Mercury is a mail-server program that also has IMAP-support. The basic idea is to install Mercury with its IMAP-support, then copy the messages from other e-mail clients to the IMAP-account (created by Mercury), then move that messages from the IMAP-account to Pegasus Mail's local mailbox.</p><p>I have never used that before, so I can only tell what you might do. The disadvantage is that you have to do so manually; the advantage is that the "transport" via IMAP follows standardised rules, so the messages should not be altered or get lost (to the best of my knowledge).</p><p> </p><p>Another idea is that save the messages in a folder that is in Unix mailbox format (*.mbx-files when created in Pegasus Mail). Since Pegasus Mail has some (limited) support for *.mbx-files, one e-mail client could create such a folder, and the oether one (Pegasus Mail) would read it.</p><p>You could create a folder in the Unix mailbox format in the other e-mail client and then make Pegasus Mail (try to) read that file, either by copying that file to that Pegasus Mail user's mailbox directory (and renaming that file to an *.mbx-file), or by using the "Add mailbox to list..."-command (and poiting to that directory that contains the *.mbx-files).</p><p>As above, you should have to do the work manually...and again, the only thing I know about these conversion steps is the theory - I have never done that in practice, so I do not know about any pitfalls.</p><p> </p><p>Perhaps, others can tell you more about that.</p><p> </p>

Greetings:

I mierly wish to express my high praise to/of Pegasus mail.  It has been my main and favourate email client since i beleive  to be version 1.0 . Therefore that comes out to years.

Nothing else even comes close. I've tried all the email clients, and can't say much positive about them. All flashy  options and little reliability including thunderbird.

Pegasus mail self contained profiles (i' m in love). Strict control over auto open attatchments(oh Joy oh rhapture!).

Backups & Restores a breeze. 

As for future options. Perhaps an external mail import program for the mozilla style of email , inlcuding Netscape mail, mozilla mail and thunderbird, and onr outlook /express, the bat, and incredimail.  Plain import to pegasus. No icons or emoticons.

I've tested the language packs.. Wonderful.

Thanks for listing to my ramblings.

<P>Greetings:</P> <P>I mierly wish to express my high praise to/of Pegasus mail.  It has been my main and favourate email client since i beleive  to be version 1.0 . Therefore that comes out to years.</P> <P>Nothing else even comes close. I've tried all the email clients, and can't say much positive about them. All flashy  options and little reliability including thunderbird.</P> <P>Pegasus mail self contained profiles (i' m in love). Strict control over auto open attatchments(oh Joy oh rhapture!).</P> <P>Backups & Restores a breeze. </P> <P>As for future options. Perhaps an external mail import program for the mozilla style of email , inlcuding Netscape mail, mozilla mail and thunderbird, and onr outlook /express, the bat, and incredimail.  Plain import to pegasus. No icons or emoticons.</P> <P>I've tested the language packs.. Wonderful.</P> <P> Thanks for listing to my ramblings.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft