Community Discussions and Support
v4.51 - can't send messages..!

> I discovered the problem... v4.51 doesn't accept my existing UDG settings.
>
> I had the file format setup as "~(username)~(random).101" but after I changed it to "~(random)~(random).101" the M/32 gateway works fine.

Strange, I thought the root name was always limited to 8 characters maximum even in v4.41 and earlier, I have no idea how that worked.  By default this is the set to create a 8 character root using the  ~d~d.101, I have no idea how ~8~d.101 would work in creating a lot of messages in the queue.

~c       The full path to the file containing the message
   ~t       The address to which to send this message
            (note: this is not necessarily the To: field)
   ~s       The message's subject field
   ~f       The full form of the message's "from" field
   ~n       The sender's user name in its simplest form
   ~b       The sender's bindery id, as a long hex integer
   ~8       The first 8 chars in the sender's username
   ~y       The time and date in RFC-822 format
   ~d       A random integer, expressed as 4 hex digits
   ~q       Y if this message is a BCC, N otherwise
   ~%name%  The value of the environment variable %name%.
   ~p       The user's personal name preference
   ~x       The name.ext ONLY of the container file (no path)
   ~a       The directory from which PMail was run (or base directory)
   ~h       The current user's home mailbox location
   ~w       The current user's new mail location
   ~~       A single tilde character.

> I discovered the problem... v4.51 doesn't accept my existing UDG settings. > > I had the file format setup as "~(username)~(random).101" but after I changed it to "~(random)~(random).101" the M/32 gateway works fine. Strange, I thought the root name was always limited to 8 characters maximum even in v4.41 and earlier, I have no idea how that worked.  By default this is the set to create a 8 character root using the  ~d~d.101, I have no idea how ~8~d.101 would work in creating a lot of messages in the queue.    ~c       The full path to the file containing the message    ~t       The address to which to send this message             (note: this is not necessarily the To: field)    ~s       The message's subject field    ~f       The full form of the message's "from" field    ~n       The sender's user name in its simplest form    ~b       The sender's bindery id, as a long hex integer    ~8       The first 8 chars in the sender's username    ~y       The time and date in RFC-822 format    ~d       A random integer, expressed as 4 hex digits    ~q       Y if this message is a BCC, N otherwise    ~%name%  The value of the environment variable %name%.    ~p       The user's personal name preference    ~x       The name.ext ONLY of the container file (no path)    ~a       The directory from which PMail was run (or base directory)    ~h       The current user's home mailbox location    ~w       The current user's new mail location    ~~       A single tilde character.

It's probably not the fault of v4.51, but has occurred after the upgrade from v4.41.

I have network accounts passing through M/32 server. An odd thing started today on one account, I can receive, but can't send messages. If I log in as another user, send and receive works fine (so locally installed files must be okay), but one account hangs up when I press the send button. I can go to another PC and all accounts work fine, but it is only this one account that refuses to send - it just hangs up.

This suggests the network mailbox, but surely there aren't any files in the network mailbox that would prevent a send. I can't figure out what is causing it.

Any ideas folks..?

Thanks. Stephen.

<P>It's probably not the fault of v4.51, but has occurred after the upgrade from v4.41.</P> <P>I have network accounts passing through M/32 server. An odd thing started today on one account, I can receive, but can't send messages. If I log in as another user, send and receive works fine (so locally installed files must be okay), but one account hangs up when I press the send button. I can go to another PC and all accounts work fine, but it is only this one account that refuses to send - it just hangs up.</P> <P>This suggests the network mailbox, but surely there aren't any files in the network mailbox that would prevent a send. I can't figure out what is causing it.</P> <P> Any ideas folks..?</P> <P>Thanks. Stephen.</P>

I can go to another PC and all accounts work fine, but it is only this one account that refuses to send - it just hangs up.

I ass-u-me that you are setup in the network mode where all users are using the same copy of PMail and sending via the MERCURY UDG.  This says to me that either this user has setup an SMTP setup that is set to override the queue or the user does not have rights to the queue.

<blockquote>I can go to another PC and all accounts work fine, but it is only this one account that refuses to send - it just hangs up.</blockquote><p>I ass-u-me that you are setup in the network mode where all users are using the same copy of PMail and sending via the MERCURY UDG.  This says to me that either this user has setup an SMTP setup that is set to override the queue or the user does not have rights to the queue.</p><p>. </p>

Yep! Network mode and M/32 UDG. Was working fine for several months, but now suddenly stopped sending.

What file(s) is Pmail looking for when I hit send..? Is it a corrupted file in the mailbox..?

I can login to another account at the same PC and it sends fine, so there must be a problem with this users mailbox.

I'm stumped.

Stephen.

<p>Yep! Network mode and M/32 UDG. Was working fine for several months, but now suddenly stopped sending.</p><p> What file(s) is Pmail looking for when I hit send..? Is it a corrupted file in the mailbox..?</p><p>I can login to another account at the same PC and it sends fine, so there must be a problem with this users mailbox.</p><p>  I'm stumped. </p><p>Stephen.  </p>

I can login to another account at the same PC and it sends fine, so there must be a problem with this users mailbox.

Correct.  Check for a SMTxxxx.pnd file in this users mail directory, this can be set to override the UDG.  A broken SMTP setup set to override can cause this.  Use Tools | Internet options and see what this user has in the SMTP setup.

Edit:  If the user is using identities you may have to check in all identities as well.

<blockquote>I can login to another account at the same PC and it sends fine, so there must be a problem with this users mailbox.</blockquote><p>Correct.  Check for a SMTxxxx.pnd file in this users mail directory, this can be set to override the UDG.  A broken SMTP setup set to override can cause this.  Use Tools | Internet options and see what this user has in the SMTP setup.</p><p>Edit:  If the user is using identities you may have to check in all identities as well. </p>

I discovered the problem... v4.51 doesn't accept my existing UDG settings.

I had the file format setup as "~(username)~(random).101" but after I changed it to "~(random)~(random).101" the M/32 gateway works fine.

More specifically, if the username is 8 or more characters, the sending problem occurs (works okay in v4.41 though).

Thank you for your help, Thomas.

Regards. Stephen.

<P>I discovered the problem... v4.51 doesn't accept my existing UDG settings.</P> <P>I had the file format setup as "~(username)~(random).101" but after I changed it to "~(random)~(random).101" the M/32 gateway works fine.</P> <P>More specifically, if the username is 8 or more characters, the sending problem occurs (works okay in v4.41 though).</P> <P>Thank you for your help, Thomas.</P> <P>Regards. Stephen.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft