Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Replying to selected addresses

Is it anything to do with what you actually put in the "My internet email address is:" box? For example I have my email address, plain and simple, with no embellisments (i.e. no name, no < or > round it). However when I receive email it normally has either "John McCabe <my email address>" or just "<my email address>". Is Pegasus clever enough to strip the email address out of strings like these before comparing it against the "My internet email address is:" box contents, or does it just compare the whole string?

If I was to put "John McCabe <my email address>" in the "My internet..." box would it work?

John

&lt;P&gt;Is it anything to do with what you actually put in the &quot;My internet email address is:&quot; box? For example I have my email address, plain and simple, with no embellisments (i.e. no name, no &amp;lt; or &amp;gt; round it). However when I receive email it normally has either &quot;John McCabe &amp;lt;my email address&amp;gt;&quot; or just &quot;&amp;lt;my email address&amp;gt;&quot;. Is Pegasus clever enough to strip the email address out of strings like these before comparing it against the &quot;My internet email address is:&quot; box contents, or does it just compare the whole string?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;If I was to put &quot;John McCabe &amp;lt;my email address&amp;gt;&quot; in the &quot;My internet...&quot; box would it work?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;John&lt;/P&gt;

I love the options Pegasus gives you when replying to an e-mail message. However, selecting the addresses to reply to doesn't always work flawlessly.

1. If I choose Reply to All, my own address is also included. I already receive a Copy to Self, which is enough. Maybe a tick box 'include myself in addressees'?

2. If I pick an address to reply to from both From: and CC: of the original message, both go into To:. However, I want the original CC: to remain CC:. Would be very nice if there could be a way to customize this... although I can't think of a proper interface for that.

Kind regards,

Martijn

&lt;p&gt;I love the options Pegasus gives you when replying to an e-mail message. However, selecting the addresses to reply to doesn&#039;t always work flawlessly.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;1. If I choose Reply to All, my own address is also included. I already receive a Copy to Self, which is enough. Maybe a tick box &#039;include myself in addressees&#039;?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;2. If I pick an address to reply to from both From: and CC: of the original message, both go into To:. However, I want the original CC: to remain CC:. Would be very nice if there could be a way to customize this... although I can&#039;t think of a proper interface for that.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Kind regards,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martijn &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="MJSmit"]

I love the options Pegasus gives you when replying to an e-mail message. However, selecting the addresses to reply to doesn't always work flawlessly.

1. If I choose Reply to All, my own address is also included. I already receive a Copy to Self, which is enough. Maybe a tick box 'include myself in addressees'?

[/quote]

What version do you use. It is designed in 4.41 that all your addresses specified in the Pegasus Mail identities are excluded from the reply-to-all.

[quote user="MJSmit"]

2. If I pick an address to reply to from both From: and CC: of the original message, both go into To:. However, I want the original CC: to remain CC:. Would be very nice if there could be a way to customize this... although I can't think of a proper interface for that.

Kind regards,

Martijn
[/quote]

In the reply options there is a checkbox (just above the identity selector) you can set to copy Cc: field into the new Cc: field. Is that what you want?

[quote user=&quot;MJSmit&quot;]&lt;p&gt;I love the options Pegasus gives you when replying to an e-mail message. However, selecting the addresses to reply to doesn&#039;t always work flawlessly.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;1. If I choose Reply to All, my own address is also included. I already receive a Copy to Self, which is enough. Maybe a tick box &#039;include myself in addressees&#039;?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;What version do you use. It is designed in 4.41 that all your addresses specified in the Pegasus Mail identities are excluded from the reply-to-all. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;[quote user=&quot;MJSmit&quot;]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;2. If I pick an address to reply to from both From: and CC: of the original message, both go into To:. However, I want the original CC: to remain CC:. Would be very nice if there could be a way to customize this... although I can&#039;t think of a proper interface for that.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Kind regards,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martijn [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;In the reply options there is a checkbox (just above the identity selector) you can set to copy Cc: field into the new Cc: field. Is that what you want?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Hi !

[quote user="Han van den Bogaerde"]

What version do you use. It is designed in 4.41 that all your addresses

specified in the Pegasus Mail identities are excluded from the

reply-to-all.

[/quote]

It is weird because the email address attached to the identity "Default" is not excluded when I do a "Reply all", I have just checked. I suppose there is way to tell Pegasus Mail to exclude my default identity email address, and as always I suppose I do not know where in the program I can enable this. Fortunately, there are more experienced users than me here [:)].

Bye !

Ginhead.

&lt;p&gt;Hi !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Han van den Bogaerde&quot;]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;What version do you use. It is designed in 4.41 that all your addresses specified in the Pegasus Mail identities are excluded from the reply-to-all.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;It is weird because the email address attached to the identity &quot;Default&quot; is not excluded when I do a &quot;Reply all&quot;, I have just checked. I suppose there is way to tell Pegasus Mail to exclude my default identity email address, and as always I suppose I do not know where in the program I can enable this. Fortunately, there are more experienced users than me here [:)].&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Bye !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ginhead. &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Ginhead"]

Hi !

[quote user="Han van den Bogaerde"]

What version do you use. It is designed in 4.41 that all your addresses

specified in the Pegasus Mail identities are excluded from the

reply-to-all.

[/quote]

It is weird because the email address attached to the identity "Default" is not excluded when I do a "Reply all", I have just checked. I suppose there is way to tell Pegasus Mail to exclude my default identity email address, and as always I suppose I do not know where in the program I can enable this. Fortunately, there are more experienced users than me here [:)].

Bye !

Ginhead.

[/quote]

There is no setting. I just checked this again and Pegasus Mail does remove my address when doing a reply-all. AFAIK the address in Tools -> Internet Options -> General is the one that is checked (and for that address for all identities using pmail.ini).

[quote user=&quot;Ginhead&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Hi !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Han van den Bogaerde&quot;]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;What version do you use. It is designed in 4.41 that all your addresses specified in the Pegasus Mail identities are excluded from the reply-to-all.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;It is weird because the email address attached to the identity &quot;Default&quot; is not excluded when I do a &quot;Reply all&quot;, I have just checked. I suppose there is way to tell Pegasus Mail to exclude my default identity email address, and as always I suppose I do not know where in the program I can enable this. Fortunately, there are more experienced users than me here [:)].&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Bye !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ginhead. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;There is no setting. I just checked this again and Pegasus Mail does remove my address when doing a reply-all. AFAIK the address in Tools -&amp;gt; Internet Options -&amp;gt; General is the one that is checked (and for that address for all identities using pmail.ini).&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Hi !

I have just tried again, and still my email address keeps appearing, but I think I have found a lead towards the solution. Here it is : I am one of the contacts in one of my address books, which maybe has to do with the inclusion of my email address, what do you think ?

Thanks !

Ginhead.

Ps : Sorry, lots of typos. 

&lt;p&gt;Hi !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have just tried again, and still my email address keeps appearing, but I think I have found a lead towards the solution. Here it is : I am one of the contacts in one of my address books, which maybe has to do with the inclusion of my email address, what do you think ?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ginhead.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ps : Sorry, lots of typos.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I have been a Pmail user since the early 90's and I'm convinced that in earlier versions, when I did a "reply to all", my address did not appear.  lately, I cannot seem to make my address not be included in the "reply to all".  Must be somewhere in my settings, but where?  How does 4.41 not include my address?

Specifically - I receive mail where my address is included somewhere in a list of, say, a dozen other emails.  I do a reply to all and my address is included in the same place when I have the following options set: tools - options - messages and replies - copy to self either OFF or USE LAST SETTING.  Default identity used.  tools - options - copy to self (outbox) folder is "copy to self" .

I removed my address from all address books and distribution lists but still get my address included in reply to all.  Help!

Hy

&lt;P&gt;I have been a Pmail user since the early 90&#039;s and I&#039;m convinced that in earlier versions, when I did a &quot;reply to all&quot;, my address did not appear.&amp;nbsp; lately, I cannot seem to make my address not be included in the &quot;reply to all&quot;.&amp;nbsp; Must be somewhere in my settings, but where?&amp;nbsp; How does 4.41 not include my address?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;Specifically - I receive mail where my address is included somewhere in a list of, say, a dozen other emails.&amp;nbsp; I do a reply to all and my address is included in the same place when I have the following options set: tools - options - messages and replies - copy to self either OFF or USE LAST SETTING.&amp;nbsp; Default identity used.&amp;nbsp; tools - options - copy to self (outbox) folder is &quot;copy to self&quot; .&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;I removed my address from all address books and distribution lists but still get my address included in reply to all.&amp;nbsp; Help!&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Hy&lt;/P&gt;

Hi !

Glad not be the only one. I am a little busy right now, so I just live with that for the time being, but when I have more time, I will be happy to try to find out why this behavior keeps happening. Till then, if someone finds the solution or the proper settings to use, thanks in advance.

Bye !

Ginhead. 

&lt;p&gt;Hi !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Glad not be the only one. I am a little busy right now, so I just live with that for the time being, but when I have more time, I will be happy to try to find out why this behavior keeps happening. Till then, if someone finds the solution or the proper settings to use, thanks in advance.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Bye !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ginhead.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft