Community Discussions and Support
6 Empty Queued emails

As our kind responder says, It is best to enable "show file extentions."  Without that, on my Win xp computer, some of the files showed a file type of "Performance Monitor File"  instead of a pmo, pmw or pmx file.   I caught it when I searched on

*.pmo, *.pmw, *.pmx

Thanks to the Pegasus team for a great program.

<p>As our kind responder says, It is best to enable "show file extentions."  Without that, on my Win xp computer, some of the files showed a file type of "Performance Monitor File"  instead of a pmo, pmw or pmx file.   I caught it when I searched on</p><p> *.pmo, *.pmw, *.pmx</p><p> Thanks to the Pegasus team for a great program. </p>

This is a weird one.  Pegasus automatically queues 6 completely empty emails.  All are ready to send and all are dated today between 6:20 and 6:37am.

I admit I was messing around with signatures when this first started but I have cleared all the sigs and even removed the Plato addon I was fooling around with.  Reinstalled Pegasus also.  Nothing seems to clear this up.  After deleting the queued email they are requeued immediately after closing the queue manager.  I have no clue as to what is causing this.

ASSISTANCE PLEASE!  Thanx

<P>This is a weird one.  Pegasus automatically queues 6 completely empty emails.  All are ready to send and all are dated today between 6:20 and 6:37am.</P> <P>I admit I was messing around with signatures when this first started but I have cleared all the sigs and even removed the Plato addon I was fooling around with.  Reinstalled Pegasus also.  Nothing seems to clear this up.  After deleting the queued email they are requeued immediately after closing the queue manager.  I have no clue as to what is causing this.</P> <P>ASSISTANCE PLEASE!  Thanx</P>

You'll find that there are some zero-length files with the extension .PMO, .PMW or .PMX in your home mailbox directory - simply delete these files manually.

There is code in Pegasus Mail that is designed to suppress these files, but I've never been able to figure out why it doesn't work on some systems (it works here). It's on my never-ending list of things to try to resolve during the v5 development process.

Cheers!

-- David --

You'll find that there are some zero-length files with the extension .PMO, .PMW or .PMX in your home mailbox directory - simply delete these files manually. There is code in Pegasus Mail that is designed to suppress these files, but I've never been able to figure out why it doesn't work on some systems (it works here). It's on my never-ending list of things to try to resolve during the v5 development process. Cheers! -- David --

[quote user="David Harris"]You'll find that there are some zero-length files with the extension .PMO, .PMW or .PMX in your home mailbox directory - simply delete these files manually.

There is code in Pegasus Mail that is designed to suppress these files, but I've never been able to figure out why it doesn't work on some systems (it works here). It's on my never-ending list of things to try to resolve during the v5 development process.

[/quote]

Thank you, thank you once again for saving the day.  There were exactly 6 of those files.  The "suppressing code" has (seemingly) been working fine for years until this morning.  Is this something that is going to reoccur now that it appears to have gone on hiatus?

<P>[quote user="David Harris"]You'll find that there are some zero-length files with the extension .PMO, .PMW or .PMX in your home mailbox directory - simply delete these files manually. There is code in Pegasus Mail that is designed to suppress these files, but I've never been able to figure out why it doesn't work on some systems (it works here). It's on my never-ending list of things to try to resolve during the v5 development process. [/quote]</P> <P>Thank you, thank you once again for saving the day.  There were exactly 6 of those files.  The "suppressing code" has (seemingly) been working fine for years until this morning.  Is this something that is going to reoccur now that it appears to have gone on hiatus?</P>

I have the same problem, too since a few days. 6 completely empty mails (no adress, no text). They can be deleted but when closing pegasus you get the warning, that mail are waiting for sending. But there are no mails in the queue. Starting Pegasus new, the mails are back again. Did you or anybody else find a solution for this problem?

I did not work with signatures or plugins like Dirty Harry. But we installad a new printer.

Hope for help, because I have no idea how to solve this problem.

I have the same problem, too since a few days. 6 completely empty mails (no adress, no text). They can be deleted but when closing pegasus you get the warning, that mail are waiting for sending. But there are no mails in the queue. Starting Pegasus new, the mails are back again. Did you or anybody else find a solution for this problem? I did not work with signatures or plugins like Dirty Harry. But we installad a new printer. Hope for help, because I have no idea how to solve this problem.

Hello! [quote user="HarryH"]I have the same problem, too since a few days. 6 completely empty mails (no adress, no text). They can be deleted but when closing pegasus you get the warning, that mail are waiting for sending. But there are no mails in the queue. Starting Pegasus new, the mails are back again. Did you or anybody else find a solution for this problem?

I did not work with signatures or plugins like Dirty Harry. But we installad a new printer.

Hope for help, because I have no idea how to solve this problem.[/quote] I guess that the description David Harris gave above may help you as well. He said: [quote]You'll find that there are some zero-length files with the extension .PMO, .PMW or .PMX in your home mailbox directory - simply delete these files manually.[/quote]
Perhaps, you are not too familiar with such a more or less technical description, so I want to try to give you a step-by-step description:

1. Find out where your home mailbox directory is. (This directory contains almost all files, data, addressbooks, settings etc. a user has.) When Pegasus Mail is running, go to "Help" | "About Pegasus Mail" | "Info" where you can find a line saying "Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL.USR\MAIL\Pegasus" (or similar). Note: The directory path given in this example is very likely to be different from the one you have. Write down the path you are displayed in your case.
  2. Close Pegasus Mail.
  3. Open a file manager tool (the usual Windows Explorer will do). Open the directory you have written down in step (1).
  4. Look for any files with the file extension *.pmo and *.pmw and *.pmx. Note: if Windows does not show you the file extension, you have to enable that (by default, Windows Explorer does not show you the file extensions, so you may have to enable them.)
  5. Some of them probably have a size of 0. These files are the ones to re-appear in the Queue manager. Delete these zero-byte files (but only those with the file extensions *.pmo, *.pmw and *.pmx).
  6. Restart Pegasus Mail, find out what happens.

In order to ensure that you do not erase any good files, you may consider two safety rules: (a) before doing anything, send all good messages you have in the Queue manager in order to make sure that the Queue Manager only contains the re-appearing messages; (b) as usual, a backup of all your Pegasus Mail data files is a good idea (if you do not know how to back up them, you may ask in a new thread about it).

Hello! [quote user="HarryH"]I have the same problem, too since a few days. 6 completely empty mails (no adress, no text). They can be deleted but when closing pegasus you get the warning, that mail are waiting for sending. But there are no mails in the queue. Starting Pegasus new, the mails are back again. Did you or anybody else find a solution for this problem? I did not work with signatures or plugins like Dirty Harry. But we installad a new printer. Hope for help, because I have no idea how to solve this problem.[/quote] I guess that the description David Harris gave above may help you as well. He said: [quote]You'll find that there are some zero-length files with the extension .PMO, .PMW or .PMX in your home mailbox directory - simply delete these files manually.[/quote] Perhaps, you are not too familiar with such a more or less technical description, so I want to try to give you a step-by-step description: <OL><LI>Find out where your <U>home mailbox directory</U> is. (This directory contains almost all files, data, addressbooks, settings etc. a user has.) When Pegasus Mail is running, go to "Help" | "About Pegasus Mail" | "Info" where you can find a line saying "Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL.USR\MAIL\Pegasus" (or similar). Note: The directory path given in this example is very likely to be different from the one you have. Write down the path you are displayed in your case.</LI><LI><U>Close</U> Pegasus Mail.<LI>Open a file manager tool (the usual Windows Explorer will do). <U>Open the directory you have written down</U> in step (1).</LI><LI>Look for any<U> files with the file extension *.pmo and *.pmw and *.pmx</U>. Note: if Windows does not show you the file extension, you have to enable that (by default, Windows Explorer does not show you the file extensions, so you may have to enable them.)</LI><LI>Some of them probably have a size of 0. These files are the ones to re-appear in the Queue manager. <U>Delete these zero-byte files</U> (but only those with the file extensions *.pmo, *.pmw and *.pmx).</LI><LI><U>Restart Pegasus Mail</U>, find out what happens.</OL> In order to ensure that you do not erase any good files, you may consider two safety rules: (a) before doing anything, send all good messages you have in the Queue manager in order to make sure that the Queue Manager only contains the re-appearing messages; (b) as usual, a backup of all your Pegasus Mail data files is a good idea (if you do not know how to back up them, you may ask in a new thread about it).

Thanks you for all your help. When I searched for the problem in this forum, I only saw the first message of Dirty Harry but nothing of the following messages, perhaps because I didn't have an account up to this moment? Don't know. But I will test the infos, because as soon as I work at the other PC the next days again. But I think it will work the same way it did on Dirty Harry's PC. Thanks all together.

Thanks you for all your help. When I searched for the problem in this forum, I only saw the first message of Dirty Harry but nothing of the following messages, perhaps because I didn't have an account up to this moment? Don't know. But I will test the infos, because as soon as I work at the other PC the next days again. But I think it will work the same way it did on Dirty Harry's PC. Thanks all together.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft