Extension development
extensions / add ons possible?

Hi Steeley,

[quote]I just posted a somewhat related question in another topic regarding support for "MBOX" (RFC 4155-compliant) email message containers (import/export).[/quote]

On closed Pegasus simply save the folderfiles (not the *.msf - the files without extension) into your mailbox with extension MBX. If you open Pegasus again, you should find that folder in the folderlist of Pegasus.

Bye    Olaf

Hi Steeley,<p>[quote]I just posted a somewhat related question in another topic regarding support for "MBOX" (RFC 4155-compliant) email message containers (import/export).[/quote]</p><p>On closed Pegasus simply save the folderfiles (not the *.msf - the files without extension) into your mailbox with extension MBX. If you open Pegasus again, you should find that folder in the folderlist of Pegasus.</p><p>Bye    Olaf </p><p> </p>

I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not I apologize.

I am looking for an addon/extension like the quick text one available for thunderbird ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/640 ).

So a couple questions I guess...  I assume none is readily available?

How hard would it be to write one myself?  I have some programming knowledge but not a lot...

Is the extension kit that's available for download still applicable since the 4.51 version has been redone in MS c++?

Would someone else be willing to write one ( small fee maybe )?

<p>I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not I apologize. </p><p>I am looking for an addon/extension like the quick text one available for thunderbird ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/640 ).</p><p>So a couple questions I guess...  I assume none is readily available?</p><p>How hard would it be to write one myself?  I have some programming knowledge but not a lot...</p><p>Is the extension kit that's available for download still applicable since the 4.51 version has been redone in MS c++?</p><p>Would someone else be willing to write one ( small fee maybe )? </p>

[quote user="mikerogers"]

I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not I apologize.

I am looking for an addon/extension like the quick text one available for thunderbird ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/640 ).

So a couple questions I guess...  I assume none is readily available?

How hard would it be to write one myself?  I have some programming knowledge but not a lot...

Is the extension kit that's available for download still applicable since the 4.51 version has been redone in MS c++?

Would someone else be willing to write one ( small fee maybe )?

[/quote]

This is the correct place for asking your question - but what is such an extension supposed to be good for (remember we're using Pegasus Mail, not Thunderbird ;-))? And yes, the extension kit is still applicable.

[quote user="mikerogers"]<p>I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not I apologize. </p><p>I am looking for an addon/extension like the quick text one available for thunderbird ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/640 ).</p><p>So a couple questions I guess...  I assume none is readily available?</p><p>How hard would it be to write one myself?  I have some programming knowledge but not a lot...</p><p>Is the extension kit that's available for download still applicable since the 4.51 version has been redone in MS c++?</p><p>Would someone else be willing to write one ( small fee maybe )? </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>This is the correct place for asking your question - but what is such an extension supposed to be good for (remember we're using Pegasus Mail, not Thunderbird ;-))? And yes, the extension kit is still applicable. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I reply to a lot of emails with pre-defined text ( ie templates )...  the quicktext extension puts a toolbar if you will right on the compose menu where you can select the text you want to use and it inserts it right where you are at in the message.

Right now I am doing "file", "open saved messages", picking the message I want, opening it, copying all the text, closing those two windows and then pasting it into the message...  I do this 10-25+ times per day.

Yes I know about the templates / reply with template but without and editor that's a pain...

<p>I reply to a lot of emails with pre-defined text ( ie templates )...  the quicktext extension puts a toolbar if you will right on the compose menu where you can select the text you want to use and it inserts it right where you are at in the message.</p><p>Right now I am doing "file", "open saved messages", picking the message I want, opening it, copying all the text, closing those two windows and then pasting it into the message...  I do this 10-25+ times per day.</p><p> Yes I know about the templates / reply with template but without and editor that's a pain... </p>

Right now I am doing "file", "open saved messages", picking the

message I want, opening it, copying all the text, closing those two

windows and then pasting it into the message...  I do this 10-25+ times

per day.

Yes I know about the templates / reply with template but without and editor that's a pain...

Have you tried using the PMail glossary?  I use this all this time and it's the primary reason that I find the PMail forums so painful.  This editor is primitive for use in a support environment.  With PMail and the glossary I'm answering questions using canned text over and over. 

<blockquote><p>Right now I am doing "file", "open saved messages", picking the message I want, opening it, copying all the text, closing those two windows and then pasting it into the message...  I do this 10-25+ times per day.</p><p> Yes I know about the templates / reply with template but without and editor that's a pain... </p></blockquote><p>Have you tried using the PMail glossary?  I use this all this time and it's the primary reason that I find the PMail forums so painful.  This editor is primitive for use in a support environment.  With PMail and the glossary I'm answering questions using canned text over and over.  </p><p> </p><p> </p>

[quote user="idw"]

This is the correct place for asking your question - but what is such an extension supposed to be good for (remember we're using Pegasus Mail, not Thunderbird ;-))? And yes, the extension kit is still applicable.
[/quote]

I just posted a somewhat related question in another topic regarding support for "MBOX" (RFC 4155-compliant) email message containers (import/export). Thunderbird does "have an app for that" (their import/export addon), was curious if Pegasus supported that storage format in some way also. 

If so, and I decide I really need to use the MBOX containers I just received, I won't need to download YAT (Yet Another Tool) to open and use them. [:(]

-Steeley

//Techies love Standards ~ that's why we have so damn many different ones.//

<p>[quote user="idw"]</p><p>This is the correct place for asking your question - but what is such an extension supposed to be good for (remember we're using Pegasus Mail, not Thunderbird ;-))? And yes, the extension kit is still applicable. [/quote]</p><p>I just posted a somewhat related question in another topic regarding support for "MBOX" (RFC 4155-compliant) email message containers (import/export). Thunderbird does "have an app for that" (their import/export addon), was curious if Pegasus supported that storage format in some way also.  </p><p>If so, and I decide I really need to use the MBOX containers I just received, I won't need to download YAT (Yet Another Tool) to open and use them. [:(]</p><p>-Steeley</p><p>//Techies love Standards ~ that's why we have so damn many different ones.// </p>

[quote user="Steeley"]If so, and I decide I really need to use the MBOX containers I just received, I won't need to download YAT (Yet Another Tool) to open and use them. [:(][/quote]

PM can mount MBOX folders just the way they are. Since I don't have PM availabe this WE I can't provide the details but I'm pretty sure someone else will jump in quite soon [:)]

<p>[quote user="Steeley"]If so, and I decide I really need to use the MBOX containers I just received, I won't need to download YAT (Yet Another Tool) to open and use them. [:(][/quote]</p><p>PM can mount MBOX folders just the way they are. Since I don't have PM availabe this WE I can't provide the details but I'm pretty sure someone else will jump in quite soon [:)] </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft