Community Discussions and Support
Multiple attachments

Thank you so much Thomas and David!

I feel pretty dumb to have looked for so long yet still couldn't find a check box so obvious. Plus all the times I had to send multiple files, adding them one at a time. Duh.

<p>Thank you so much Thomas and David!</p><p> I feel pretty dumb to have looked for so long yet still couldn't find a check box so obvious. Plus all the times I had to send multiple files, adding them one at a time. Duh. </p><p> </p>

Older versions used to allow the sending of multiple attachments, but 4.41 doesn't, or have I missed another button to push or box to check?

Thanx 

<p> Older versions used to allow the sending of multiple attachments, but 4.41 doesn't, or have I missed another button to push or box to check?</p><p>Thanx </p>

> Older versions used to allow the sending of multiple attachments,
> but 4.41 doesn't, or have I missed another button to push or box
> to check?
>
> Thanx

Tools | Options | Advanced "Allow multiple file selection when adding attachments"

> Older versions used to allow the sending of multiple attachments, > but 4.41 doesn't, or have I missed another button to push or box > to check? > > Thanx Tools | Options | Advanced "Allow multiple file selection when adding attachments"

[quote user="Dave"]

Older versions used to allow the sending of multiple attachments, but 4.41 doesn't, or have I missed another button to push or box to check?

[/quote]

The reasons why we had to make this change are covered in the help - in short, Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 created a problem that would cause crashes when applications attempted to open the Windows File|Open dialog with certain settings enabled. What is actually crashing is the Acrobat shell extension, not Pegasus Mail, but this isn't clear to our users (quite fairly, I must say), who believe that because it's the Pegasus Mail process that gets terminated, it must be a bug in Pegasus Mail.

Disabling multiple selection suppresses the Acrobat problem, and was intended to reduce the amount of technical support we receive on the issue... In actual fact, we've probably had to handle just about as much technical support explaining to people why the option was suppressed, so there probably wasn't much gain.

As Thomas pointed out, you can re-enable multiple selection in Tools|Options|Advanced.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="Dave"]<p> Older versions used to allow the sending of multiple attachments, but 4.41 doesn't, or have I missed another button to push or box to check?</p><p>[/quote] The reasons why we had to make this change are covered in the help - in short, Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 created a problem that would cause crashes when applications attempted to open the Windows File|Open dialog with certain settings enabled. What is actually crashing is the Acrobat shell extension, not Pegasus Mail, but this isn't clear to our users (quite fairly, I must say), who believe that because it's the Pegasus Mail process that gets terminated, it must be a bug in Pegasus Mail. Disabling multiple selection suppresses the Acrobat problem, and was intended to reduce the amount of technical support we receive on the issue... In actual fact, we've probably had to handle just about as much technical support explaining to people why the option was suppressed, so there probably wasn't much gain. As Thomas pointed out, you can re-enable multiple selection in Tools|Options|Advanced. Cheers! -- David --  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft