Community Discussions and Support
SSL connect problems and how to restart Mercury?

Hi!

In the last few days a have had a new problem with Mercury v4.62. All my

LAN IMAP connections could not get through to Mercury. I saw the user

log-in try in the IMAP status window of Mercury but the connection

failed and the user did not appear in the upper section of the IMAP

window. The session log brought up the following problem:

11:54:11.187: >> 1 capability<cr><lf>

11:54:11.187: << * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN

X-MERCURY-1<cr><lf>

11:54:11.187: << 1 OK CAPABILITY complete.<cr><lf>

11:54:11.187: >> 2 STARTTLS<cr><lf>

11:54:11.187: << 2 OK Begin SSL/TLS negotiation now.<cr><lf>

11:54:11.265: 20: Error -3 creating CryptLib session.

This error does only appear within the LAN. All connections from the

Internet did not show this problem.

As mail client, we use TBird over SSL with stunnel for the IMAP

connections. So I use the setting "use ssl" but not "disable plain text

login".

After restarting mercury the problems disappears and that brings me to

my second question:

How can I safely restart mercury without any harm to the active user

accounts? Restarting Mercury with active IMAP connections always results

in damaged mail accounts (my users reported that everything gets mixed

up and that the mail subjects did not fit to the shown mail message text

anymore...)! How do you solve such problems and restart the system with

users all over the Internet?

Thanks,

Konrad

<cr><lf><cr><lf><cr><lf><cr><lf><cr><lf></lf></cr></lf></cr></lf></cr></lf></cr></lf></cr>

Hi! In the last few days a have had a new problem with Mercury v4.62. All my LAN IMAP connections could not get through to Mercury. I saw the user log-in try in the IMAP status window of Mercury but the connection failed and the user did not appear in the upper section of the IMAP window. The session log brought up the following problem: ... 11:54:11.187: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 1 capability&amp;lt;cr&amp;gt;&amp;lt;lf&amp;gt; 11:54:11.187: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN X-MERCURY-1&amp;lt;cr&amp;gt;&amp;lt;lf&amp;gt; 11:54:11.187: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; 1 OK CAPABILITY complete.&amp;lt;cr&amp;gt;&amp;lt;lf&amp;gt; 11:54:11.187: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 2 STARTTLS&amp;lt;cr&amp;gt;&amp;lt;lf&amp;gt; 11:54:11.187: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; 2 OK Begin SSL/TLS negotiation now.&amp;lt;cr&amp;gt;&amp;lt;lf&amp;gt; 11:54:11.265: 20: Error -3 creating CryptLib session. ... This error does only appear within the LAN. All connections from the Internet did not show this problem. As mail client, we use TBird over SSL with stunnel for the IMAP connections. So I use the setting &quot;use ssl&quot; but not &quot;disable plain text login&quot;. After restarting mercury the problems disappears and that brings me to my second question: How can I safely restart mercury without any harm to the active user accounts? Restarting Mercury with active IMAP connections always results in damaged mail accounts (my users reported that everything gets mixed up and that the mail subjects did not fit to the shown mail message text anymore...)! How do you solve such problems and restart the system with users all over the Internet? Thanks, Konrad &lt;cr&gt;&lt;lf&gt;&lt;cr&gt;&lt;lf&gt;&lt;cr&gt;&lt;lf&gt;&lt;cr&gt;&lt;lf&gt;&lt;cr&gt;&lt;lf&gt;&lt;/lf&gt;&lt;/cr&gt;&lt;/lf&gt;&lt;/cr&gt;&lt;/lf&gt;&lt;/cr&gt;&lt;/lf&gt;&lt;/cr&gt;&lt;/lf&gt;&lt;/cr&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft