Community Discussions and Support
2 users - 2 PC's

Thomas,

Got it to work as you suggest with a small variation:

I "shared" the \Pmail folder (which includes the \Mail folder), giving it a network share-name "Pegasus".

In the PCONFIG standalone configuration settings, I defined the Home and New paths as:

"\\PC1\Pegasus\Mail\~8"

Works great.  Thanks for your help!

Alex

<P>Thomas,</P> <P>Got it to work as you suggest with a small variation:</P> <P>I "shared" the \Pmail folder (which includes the \Mail folder), giving it a network share-name "Pegasus".</P> <P>In the PCONFIG standalone configuration settings, I defined the Home and New paths as:</P> <P>"<A href="file://PC1/Pegasus/Mail/">\\PC1\Pegasus\Mail\</A>~8"</P> <P> Works great.  Thanks for your help!</P> <P>Alex</P>

I have been running Pegasus on my desktop PC (say "PC1") for years, with 2 users in multi-user mode (currently v4.31).

I now have another desktop computer ("PC2").  Both machines are running Windows-XP, and are connected by an in-house peer-to-peer Windows LAN.

What is the best way to install Pegasus so that either user can access their e-mail from either computer?  I would prefer to keep all of the mailboxes and data files on "PC1".

Should I change the installation on "PC1" to "network mode" (and how do I do that?), and run WSSETUP.EXE on "PC2"?

Or should I install Pegasus on "PC2" in stand-alone mode, and manually modify the PMAIL.INI file to define the "home mailbox location" as being on "PC1"?

Thanks!

<P>I have been running Pegasus on my desktop PC (say "PC1") for years, with 2 users in multi-user mode (currently v4.31).</P> <P>I now have another desktop computer ("PC2").  Both machines are running Windows-XP, and are connected by an in-house peer-to-peer Windows LAN.</P> <P>What is the best way to install Pegasus so that either user can access their e-mail from either computer?  I would prefer to keep all of the mailboxes and data files on "PC1".</P> <P>Should I change the installation on "PC1" to "network mode" (and how do I do that?), and run WSSETUP.EXE on "PC2"?</P> <P>Or should I install Pegasus on "PC2" in stand-alone mode, and manually modify the PMAIL.INI file to define the "home mailbox location" as being on "PC1"?</P> <P>Thanks!</P>

>
>
> I have been running Pegasus on my desktop PC (say "PC1") for
> years, with 2 users in multi-user mode (currently v4.31).
>
> I now have another desktop computer ("PC2").  Both machines are
> running Windows-XP, and are connected by an in-house peer-to-peer
> Windows LAN.
>
> What is the best way to install Pegasus so that either user can
> access their e-mail from either computer?  I would prefer to keep
> all of the mailboxes and data files on "PC1".
>
> Should I change the installation on "PC1" to "network mode" (and
> how do I do that?), and run WSSETUP.EXE on "PC2"?
>
> Or should I install Pegasus on "PC2" in stand-alone mode, and
> manually modify the PMAIL.INI file to define the "home mailbox
> location" as being on "PC1"?

Here's the basic process.  You will be running one WinPMail from two different systems.

1.  Install WinPmail in the multiuser mode on the "server".  Use
    c:\pmail for the program; c:\pmail\mail for the mail
    directories.  This could be your current PC1 setup as well.

2.  Run PCONFIG.exe and change the HOME and NEW mail directory
    specification to the \\server\vol\pmail\mail\~8 format.
    The reason you do this is to ensure the program is looking
    at the correct drive from the remote system.

3.  Go to the remote workstation and install a shortcut to the
    common program.

Now you can run as either user from either PC.

>
> Thanks!

> > > I have been running Pegasus on my desktop PC (say "PC1") for > years, with 2 users in multi-user mode (currently v4.31). > > I now have another desktop computer ("PC2").  Both machines are > running Windows-XP, and are connected by an in-house peer-to-peer > Windows LAN. > > What is the best way to install Pegasus so that either user can > access their e-mail from either computer?  I would prefer to keep > all of the mailboxes and data files on "PC1". > > Should I change the installation on "PC1" to "network mode" (and > how do I do that?), and run WSSETUP.EXE on "PC2"? > > Or should I install Pegasus on "PC2" in stand-alone mode, and > manually modify the PMAIL.INI file to define the "home mailbox > location" as being on "PC1"? Here's the basic process.  You will be running one WinPMail from two different systems. 1.  Install WinPmail in the multiuser mode on the "server".  Use     c:\pmail for the program; c:\pmail\mail for the mail     directories.  This could be your current PC1 setup as well. 2.  Run PCONFIG.exe and change the HOME and NEW mail directory     specification to the \\server\vol\pmail\mail\~8 format.     The reason you do this is to ensure the program is looking     at the correct drive from the remote system. 3.  Go to the remote workstation and install a shortcut to the     common program. Now you can run as either user from either PC. > > Thanks!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft