Community Discussions and Support
Betreft: I want to use Mecury SMTP server/client to send an mailing

> Do you know how I have to configure the  different modules of Mercury?
>
> example
>
> step 1
>
> Outlook account have to be configured with the smtp server ip adres of the Mecury Server

That works and you should see the action on the MercuryS screen and log.  Turn on session logging in MercuryS to verify that the mail is received.

>
> Step 2
>
> MercuryS SMTP Server has to be configured.
>
>  Announce myself as : < What should this be?>

Your registered host name associated with the IP address of your connection.

> Ip Adres interface used : < ip adres of the interface where Mecury is running on or localhost?>

Leave it blank

> Other specific parameters to send also to hotmail accounts

> Step 3
>
> Configure MercuryE SMTP Client end to end
>
> Identify myself as: < What should this be? >

You registered host name associated with the sending IP address.  You can leave this black and it will use the host name you have set in the general section.

> Name servers : < A DNS servers ip adres, or default gateway adres>

The IP address(es) of your DNS host(s) should be entered here.  The default gateway setup is a Winsock setting and is not material to MercuryE

There is nothing specific here but you must have a fixed IP address and host name with a PTR record to send via MercuryE.  Your ISP also must allow you to send via port 25 to other hosts.

&amp;gt; Do you know how I have to configure the&amp;nbsp; different modules of Mercury? &amp;gt; &amp;gt; example &amp;gt; &amp;gt; step 1 &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Outlook account have to be configured with the smtp server ip adres of the Mecury Server That works and you should see the action on the MercuryS screen and log.&amp;nbsp; Turn on session logging in MercuryS to verify that the mail is received. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Step 2 &amp;gt; &amp;gt; MercuryS SMTP Server has to be configured. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &amp;nbsp;Announce myself as : &amp;lt; What should this be?&amp;gt; Your registered host name associated with the IP address of your connection. &amp;gt; Ip Adres interface used : &amp;lt; ip adres of the interface where Mecury is running on or localhost?&amp;gt; Leave it blank &amp;gt; Other specific parameters to send also to hotmail accounts &amp;gt; Step 3 &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Configure MercuryE SMTP Client end to end &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Identify myself as: &amp;lt; What should this be? &amp;gt; You registered host name associated with the sending IP address.&amp;nbsp; You can leave this black and it will use the host name you have set in the general section. &amp;gt; Name servers : &amp;lt; A DNS servers ip adres, or default gateway adres&amp;gt; The IP address(es) of your DNS host(s) should be entered here.&amp;nbsp; The default gateway setup is a Winsock setting and is not material to MercuryE There is nothing specific here but you must have a fixed IP address and host name with a PTR record to send via MercuryE.&amp;nbsp; Your ISP also must allow you to send via port 25 to other hosts.

Hi I am a newbie, with Mercury,

We want to send to many email adresses an mailing.

The only problem is that our mail server provided bij our ISP, is limited for sending many email at one time.

My question is simple, how can i send an email by using "Outlook" (Sorry) in one time to all our contacts.

I have tried to configured is, without any success.

Thanks for your reply, and support

Best regards Marcel

&lt;p&gt;Hi I am a newbie, with Mercury,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;We want to send to many email adresses an mailing.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The only problem is that our mail server provided bij our ISP, is limited for sending many email at one time.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;My question is simple, how can i send an email by using &quot;Outlook&quot; (Sorry) in one time to all our contacts.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have tried to configured is, without any success.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks for your reply, and support&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Best regards Marcel &lt;/p&gt;

If your ISP allows outgoing traffic on port 25 you can install Mercury with the MercuryE module (direct SMTP delivery) and send it yourself. If port 25 is blocked (and it often is for home users) you will need to find another ISP or use some external mail service to send your messages. Or convince your ISP to make an exception for you, if it happens to be a flexible and service-minded company.

/Rolf

&lt;p&gt;If your ISP allows outgoing traffic on port 25 you can install Mercury with the MercuryE module (direct SMTP delivery) and send it yourself. If port 25 is blocked (and it often is for home users) you will need to find another ISP or use some external mail service to send your messages. Or convince your ISP to make an exception for you, if it happens to be a flexible and service-minded company. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;/Rolf &lt;/p&gt;

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for your first reply.

Do you know how I have to configure the  different modules of Mercury?

example

step 1

Outlook account have to be configured with the smtp server ip adres of the Mecury Server

Step 2

MercuryS SMTP Server has to be configured.

•  Announce myself as : < What should this be?>
  • Ip Adres interface used : < ip adres of the interface where Mecury is running on or localhost?>
  • Other specific parameters to send also to hotmail accounts

Step 3

Configure MercuryE SMTP Client end to end

• Identify myself as: < What should this be? >
  • Name servers : < A DNS servers ip adres, or default gateway adres>

Thanks for you reply and support.

Best regards Marcel

&lt;p&gt;Hi Rolf,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks for your first reply.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Do you know how I have to configure the&amp;nbsp; different modules of Mercury?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;example&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;step 1&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Outlook account have to be configured with the smtp server ip adres of the Mecury Server&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Step 2&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;MercuryS SMTP Server has to be configured.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;ul&gt;&lt;li&gt;&amp;nbsp;Announce myself as : &amp;lt; What should this be?&amp;gt;&lt;/li&gt;&lt;li&gt;Ip Adres interface used : &amp;lt; ip adres of the interface where Mecury is running on or localhost?&amp;gt;&lt;/li&gt;&lt;li&gt;Other specific parameters to send also to hotmail accounts&lt;/li&gt;&lt;/ul&gt;&lt;p&gt;Step 3&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Configure MercuryE SMTP Client end to end&lt;/p&gt;&lt;ul&gt;&lt;li&gt;Identify myself as: &amp;lt; What should this be? &amp;gt;&lt;/li&gt;&lt;li&gt;Name servers : &amp;lt; A DNS servers ip adres, or default gateway adres&amp;gt;&lt;/li&gt;&lt;/ul&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks for you reply and support.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Best regards Marcel &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft