Pegasus Mail Suggestions
AW: Invoke a filtering rule set from another

Thanks for your reply. I just use the goto label command in some of my rule sets. In this case, it will not work. I want to invoke the new mail filering rule set (when new mail folder is closed) from another and after processing this, the remaining messages should be moved to the Main Folder.The rule set is to be invoked by a "quick action" (Strg+2).

As a workaround, I added a "move to main folder" at the end of the new mail filtering rule set and used this filtering rule directly for the "quick action". But that's not best ;-). The filtering rule is processed before the new autofiltering, and so autofiltering (which I do not neet at the moment) does not work correctly.

Best regards

Martin

<p>Thanks for your reply. I just use the goto label command in some of my rule sets. In this case, it will not work. I want to invoke the new mail filering rule set (when new mail folder is closed) from another and after processing this, the remaining messages should be moved to the Main Folder.The rule set is to be invoked by a "quick action" (Strg+2). </p><p> As a workaround, I added a "move to main folder" at the end of the new mail filtering rule set and used this filtering rule directly for the "quick action". But that's not best ;-). The filtering rule is processed before the new autofiltering, and so autofiltering (which I do not neet at the moment) does not work correctly.</p><p>Best regards </p><p>Martin </p>

Pegasus Mail has a very good filtering rules management. I just miss the possibility to invoke a filtering rule set from another. It should work like the DOS call-command for batchfiles. Invoke a second rule set from the first and Pmail should go back to the first set after processing the second.

Best regards

Martin

<p>Pegasus Mail has a very good filtering rules management. I just miss the possibility to invoke a filtering rule set from another. It should work like the DOS call-command for batchfiles. Invoke a second rule set from the first and Pmail should go back to the first set after processing the second.</p><p>Best regards</p><p>Martin </p>

[quote user="Martin Schnabel"]

Pegasus Mail has a very good filtering rules management. I just miss the possibility to invoke a filtering rule set from another. It should work like the DOS call-command for batchfiles. Invoke a second rule set from the first and Pmail should go back to the first set after processing the second.

Best regards

Martin

[/quote]

It's not available, but perhaps you can get the same result by using the goto label / return actions.

See the section "Advanced filtering - flow control and logical operations" in Pegasus Mail help.

[quote user="Martin Schnabel"]<p>Pegasus Mail has a very good filtering rules management. I just miss the possibility to invoke a filtering rule set from another. It should work like the DOS call-command for batchfiles. Invoke a second rule set from the first and Pmail should go back to the first set after processing the second.</p><p>Best regards</p><p>Martin </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>It's not available, but perhaps you can get the same result by using the goto label / return actions. </p><p>See the section "Advanced filtering - flow control and logical operations" in Pegasus Mail help.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft