Community Discussions and Support
Problem with variable signatures

Hi David,

found a solution, but it should be a temp solution only.  I tried to issue an usual signature file within Pegasus and checked the PMS file - hooray, there was a different coding of special characters, copied this into rquotes.r compiled - and it works.

Cheers

Uwe  

<p>Hi David, </p><p> </p><p>found a solution, but it should be a temp solution only.  I tried to issue an usual signature file within Pegasus and checked the PMS file - hooray, there was a different coding of special characters, copied this into rquotes.r compiled - and it works.</p><p>Cheers </p><p>Uwe  </p>

Hi,

I have a problem with variable signatures . After modifiying the rquotes.r file, trying to compile it by rescom, I am getting an error message

Error rquotes.r 27: expected identifier name <1>

1 compilation error

The files  rquotes.rsh and rquotes.h are issued, but they are not running, although I entered ~! in the signature file. The siganture shows only the text I wrote into the signature file, and leaves the variable signature as not existing.

I am running Pegasus 4.41 german version - on Win 2000 Pro - Pegasus is located on the server, while the workstations getting access by using -i xxxx

Thanks for your help

UIwe

&lt;p&gt;Hi, &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have a problem with variable signatures . After modifiying the rquotes.r file, trying to compile it by rescom, I am getting an error message&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Error rquotes.r 27: expected identifier name &amp;lt;1&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;1 compilation error&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The files&amp;nbsp; rquotes.rsh and rquotes.h are issued, but they are not running, although I entered ~! in the signature file. The siganture shows only the text I wrote into the signature file, and leaves the variable signature as not existing.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I am running Pegasus 4.41 german version - on Win 2000 Pro - Pegasus is located on the server, while the workstations getting access by using -i xxxx&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Thanks for your help&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;UIwe &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

You've got a syntax error in the modifications you've made. Use the example rquotes.r file as a template showing the format you need to use - you have to follow it quite exactly, even the fields that don't appear to be used.

If you like, you can post the first 30 lines of the file here and I'll try to point out the error for you, but as rescom told you, it's on line 27.

Cheers!

-- David --

&lt;p&gt;You&#039;ve got a syntax error in the modifications you&#039;ve made. Use the example rquotes.r file as a template showing the format you need to use - you have to follow it quite exactly, even the fields that don&#039;t appear to be used. If you like, you can post the first 30 lines of the file here and I&#039;ll try to point out the error for you, but as rescom told you, it&#039;s on line 27. Cheers! -- David -- &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

That´s why I love Pegasus and David as its developer - help needed - help and / or solutions
are coming straight - thanks David - it helped a lot - it works

Cheers

Uwe  

&lt;p&gt;That&acute;s why I love Pegasus and David as its developer - help needed - help and / or solutions are coming straight - thanks David - it helped a lot - it works &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Cheers&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Uwe &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Hi, it´s me again. Now I am having a problem with character codes, I need to use some special characters like this sign "§" - we tried several Acii codes, but all the

time the result is the same  "°" . Therefore I need to know on which code table the compilation works. The funny think is, in the compilated file, the special signs are visible, but after sending the mail it is converted to other sign

Part of rquotes.pms "ce with § 431 of th"

result in mail :  "ce with º 431 of th"

Hope you have a solution for me.

Thanks

Uwe  

&lt;p&gt;Hi, it&acute;s me again. Now I am having a problem with character codes, I need to use some special characters like this sign &quot;&sect;&quot; - we tried several Acii codes, but all the &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;time the result is the same&amp;nbsp; &quot;&deg;&quot; . Therefore I need to know on which code table the compilation works. The funny think is, in the compilated file, the special signs are visible, but after sending the mail it is converted to other sign &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Part of rquotes.pms &quot;ce with &sect; 431 of th&quot;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;result in mail :&amp;nbsp; &quot;ce with &ordm; 431 of th&quot;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Hope you have a solution for me. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Uwe &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I've had a look at the code and I can't quite tell what's going on (sounds odd, but this code is 16 years old and has hardly been touched in all that time). It looks as though the code simply strips the high bit from any high bit characters it finds (because it was written back in the days before MIME, and when eight-bit data was strictly illegal in Internet mail).

For now, I doubt there's a solution sorry. I'll note it as something I should look into for v5, but that's about the best I can do.

Cheers!

-- David --

&lt;p&gt;I&#039;ve had a look at the code and I can&#039;t quite tell what&#039;s going on (sounds odd, but this code is 16 years old and has hardly been touched in all that time). It looks as though the code simply strips the high bit from any high bit characters it finds (because it was written back in the days before MIME, and when eight-bit data was strictly illegal in Internet mail). For now, I doubt there&#039;s a solution sorry. I&#039;ll note it as something I should look into for v5, but that&#039;s about the best I can do. Cheers! -- David -- &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft