Community Discussions and Support
Newest version of Mecury

Today we received a fresh Beta where the licensing code is mainly being tested, besides some minor fixes since last beta.

Testing with us here at PraktIT, is a bit cautious:
1. Install in test-lab (which is our internal system)
2. Test all features that we use, settings etc. - report whatever we find.
3. If no serious issues arise with the beta, after about one week we:
4. Install the beta onto our production systems that has much heavier load.

During all the time, we watch carefully memory use, resource use, GDI-pointers, file handles, message error reports, statistics etc. as well as test the connectivities from various clients.

<P>Today we received a fresh Beta where the licensing code is mainly being tested, besides some minor fixes since last beta.</P> <P>Testing with us here at PraktIT, is a bit cautious: 1. Install in test-lab (which is our internal system) 2. Test all features that we use, settings etc. - report whatever we find. 3. If no serious issues arise with the beta, after about one week we: 4. Install the beta onto our production systems that has much heavier load.</P> <P>During all the time, we watch carefully memory use, resource use, GDI-pointers, file handles, message error reports, statistics etc. as well as test the connectivities from various clients.</P>

If I may ask, when is the newest version going to be made publicly available?

If I may ask, when is the newest version going to be made publicly available?

About six months ago. *sigh*.

Sorry, that's unnecessarily facetious, but it does reflect the frustrations I've had trying to get v4.5 ready for release. The biggest holdup recently has been working out what licensing model will work and how to implement it: both of these issues have now been resolved (although possibly not to everyone's satisfaction) and we're in the final stages of testing the licensing code.

While I never give definitive release deadlines (I'm always wrong, and that's caused too much grief in the past), I think I can say with some confidence that we are now *very* near release. Given how important a release this is, I will probably put out a public beta prior to unrestricted release - hopefully sometime within the next two to three weeks (but you can't quote me on that or hold me to it).

Watch this space for more information.

Cheers!

-- David --

<p>About six months ago. *sigh*. Sorry, that's unnecessarily facetious, but it does reflect the frustrations I've had trying to get v4.5 ready for release. The biggest holdup recently has been working out what licensing model will work and how to implement it: both of these issues have now been resolved (although possibly not to everyone's satisfaction) and we're in the final stages of testing the licensing code. While I never give definitive release deadlines (I'm always wrong, and that's caused too much grief in the past), I think I can say with some confidence that we are now *very* near release. Given how important a release this is, I will probably put out a public beta prior to unrestricted release - hopefully sometime within the next two to three weeks (but you can't quote me on that or hold me to it). Watch this space for more information. Cheers! -- David -- </p>

That's good enough me.  Can't wait to give it a try.

That's good enough me.  Can't wait to give it a try.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft