Pegasus Mail Suggestions
RFE: Scheduled Email Send/Delayed Email Send

How often do you want to set reminders, and are you wanting prepare responses, ie a Reply, or just remind yourself that something is due at some future date ie a one liner.  vCalendar has a Task feature that contains reminder popups.

I suggest you check out Daymove at http://www.lexacorp.com.pg  which maintains a queue of your prepared messages, and pops them into your NewMail directory on a specified date. This will not be able to schedule  a "one month's time" or "in three days". 

Martin

<p>How often do you want to set reminders, and are you wanting prepare responses, ie a Reply, or just remind yourself that something is due at some future date ie a one liner.  vCalendar has a Task feature that contains reminder popups. </p><p>I suggest you check out Daymove at http://www.lexacorp.com.pg  which maintains a queue of your prepared messages, and pops them into your NewMail directory on a specified date. This will not be able to schedule  a "one month's time" or "in three days".  </p><p>Martin </p>

Hi,

A scheduled email send option would be really useful. This is one of the few areas where Outlook got it right...

Dave

<P>Hi,</P> <P>A scheduled email send option would be really useful. This is one of the few areas where Outlook got it right...</P> <P>Dave</P>

Dave,
A agree. That sounds like a good addition to me!
I could think of a few cases where I would like the email(s) to go out at a certain time or date. I could think of it being an addition to the message queue? I always send via the mail queue but if someone has set it to ‘Send mail at once without placing in queue’ it should still invoke the queue.
Cheers
Thomas

Dave, A agree. That sounds like a good addition to me! I could think of a few cases where I would like the email(s) to go out at a certain time or date. I could think of it being an addition to the message queue? I always send via the mail queue but if someone has set it to ‘Send mail at once without placing in queue’ it should still invoke the queue. Cheers Thomas

Ah yes. Delayed sending. Although Outlook offers the option, it is lying to you. You can tell it to send it at some later time but if Outlook is not running at that precise moment, it won't go. You'd think it would store it on the Exchange server but no, it just sits in your local outbox. Pathetic. (this is at least my experience at work)

Pegasus and Mercury, if working in tandem, do offer delayed sending that works properly i.e. Mercury accepts the message but holds on to it until delivery time. You can go off on your holiday safe in the knowledge delivery will occur. Unfortunately there isn't an easily accessible method of setting the delayed delivery date/time - I had to set up my own template.

<P>Ah yes. Delayed sending. Although Outlook offers the option, it is lying to you. You can tell it to send it at some later time but if Outlook is not running at that precise moment, it won't go. You'd think it would store it on the Exchange server but no, it just sits in your local outbox. Pathetic. (this is at least my experience at work)</P><P>Pegasus and Mercury, if working in tandem, do offer delayed sending that works properly i.e. Mercury accepts the message but holds on to it until delivery time. You can go off on your holiday safe in the knowledge delivery will occur. Unfortunately there isn't an easily accessible method of setting the delayed delivery date/time - I had to set up my own template.</P>

Did this idea ever go anywhere? From what I've seen, it hasn't - but a specific use case just came up, which triggered my search on the forum.

In effect, I often need to follow up on others' people emails "in one month's time", or "in three days" - it would be great to serve that use case.

It could also be used to create "email reminders" - i.e. you receive (your own) email when a task is due.

I take Sharkfin's criticism of the "lying" of Outlook. However, it is good enough for me....

<p>Did this idea ever go anywhere? From what I've seen, it hasn't - but a specific use case just came up, which triggered my search on the forum.</p><p>In effect, I often need to follow up on others' people emails "in one month's time", or "in three days" - it would be great to serve that use case.</p><p> It could also be used to create "email reminders" - i.e. you receive (your own) email when a task is due.</p><p> I take Sharkfin's criticism of the "lying" of Outlook. However, it is good enough for me....</p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft