Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus Mail in IMAP only mode

At this point there really isn't a way of doing this, sorry. You can get a lot of it going using filtering rules (rules on the new mail folder that move all messages into the IMAP folder, and by attaching a filtering rule set to the IMAP inbox), but you can't do away with the local mailbox altogether. Realistically, this is unlikely to become an option in future, either.

As far as I know, the only "pure" IMAP client out there is Mulberry, which may (if I understand correctly) no longer be a supported product. Pure IMAP is difficult for a great many reasons, and demand is not that great (the impetus for this type of mail being largely towards webmail these days).

Sorry I can't be of more assistance here.

Cheers!

-- David --

At this point there really isn't a way of doing this, sorry. You can get a lot of it going using filtering rules (rules on the new mail folder that move all messages into the IMAP folder, and by attaching a filtering rule set to the IMAP inbox), but you can't do away with the local mailbox altogether. Realistically, this is unlikely to become an option in future, either. As far as I know, the only "pure" IMAP client out there is Mulberry, which may (if I understand correctly) no longer be a supported product. Pure IMAP is difficult for a great many reasons, and demand is not that great (the impetus for this type of mail being largely towards webmail these days). Sorry I can't be of more assistance here. Cheers! -- David --

I would like to use Pegasus Mail in IMAP only mode, without a "local" mail box. I've setup a Dovecot IMAP server and created myself an account, which Pegasus can see, and configured the IMAP identity to make its INBOX folder the default new mail folder. However, I cannot find a way of deleting or hiding the "My mailbox". When I retrieve messages from a POP server, instead of being placed in the IMAP INBOX, the unread messages get put in the non-IMAP "New mail" mailbox. Likewise, filtering is performed on messages in the non-IMAP folder rather than the IMAP one. I've read pre-announcements of Pegasus being able to run in "IMAP only" mode but cannot find anything either in the help or online pointing me in the right direction. Am I dreaming?

I'm using version 4.41 on Windows XP and 98.

Many thanks for any help - Chris

<P>I would like to use Pegasus Mail in IMAP only mode, without a "local" mail box. I've setup a Dovecot IMAP server and created myself an account, which Pegasus can see, and configured the IMAP identity to make its INBOX folder the default new mail folder. However, I cannot find a way of deleting or hiding the "My mailbox". When I retrieve messages from a POP server, instead of being placed in the IMAP INBOX, the unread messages get put in the non-IMAP "New mail" mailbox. Likewise, filtering is performed on messages in the non-IMAP folder rather than the IMAP one. I've read pre-announcements of Pegasus being able to run in "IMAP only" mode but cannot find anything either in the help or online pointing me in the right direction. Am I dreaming?</P> <P>I'm using version 4.41 on Windows XP and 98.</P> <P>Many thanks for any help - Chris</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft