Community Discussions and Support
Mercury 32 Serivce

Any one have any hints on how to configure NT Wrapper ?

Here's my mercury.ini Config file for NT Wrapper.  You can put this into the NT Wrapper directory and then modify it to match your setup.  Probably will have to delete a lot of the ENV_ lines or at least change them to match your systems environment.

[SERVICE_OPTIONS]
OnAllAppsExit=0
LogToDisc=0
LogToEventLog=1
MainLogFile=
[SERVICE_INSTALL]
ServiceName=Mercury
DisplayName=NT Wrapper:Mercury/32
Description=Mercury/32 Mail Server
Interactive=1
Account=LocalSystem
Password=
LoadOrderGroup=
StartType=Auto
[APPLICATION_1]
Executable=C:\MERCURY\MERCURY.EXE
Params=
WorkingDir=C:\MERCURY
IsConsoleApp=0
IsProcessGroup=0
Send_CTRL+BREAK=0
ShutDownTimeout=5000
RestartApp=1
LaunchDelay=0
ShowWindow=Normal
Priority=Normal
AffinityMask=1
RedirectStdOut=0
RedirectStdErr=0
StdOutFile=
StdErrFile=
OwnLogFile=
ExecutionTime=0
ProcUser=THOMAS
ProcDomain=
RunProcAsUser=1
LogonImpersonateUser=1
ProcPassword=5505452812558805590052311551188 (invalid HP_Administrator password)
ENV_ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
ENV_AMAENABLE=Y
ENV_APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data
ENV_CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
ENV_COMPUTERNAME=TSTEPHENSON
ENV_ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
ENV_FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
ENV_HOMEDRIVE=C:
ENV_HOMEPATH=\
ENV_LOGONSERVER=\\TSTEPHENSON
ENV_NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
ENV_NWLANGUAGE=ENGLISH
ENV_NWUSERNAME=thomas
ENV_OS=Windows_NT
ENV_Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;c:\Python22;C:\WINDOWS\system32\nls;C:\WINDOWS\system32\nls\ENGLISH;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;c:\Python22;C:\WINDOWS\system32\nls;C:\WINDOWS\system32\nls\ENGLISH;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MUVEET~1\030625
ENV_PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
ENV_POPFILE_ROOT=C:\PROGRA~1\POPFile
ENV_POPFILE_USER=C:\PROGRA~1\POPFile
ENV_PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
ENV_PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 2, AuthenticAMD
ENV_PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
ENV_PROCESSOR_REVISION=2f02
ENV_ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
ENV_SESSIONNAME=Console
ENV_SonicCentral=c:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared\Sonic Central\
ENV_SystemDrive=C:
ENV_SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
ENV_TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
ENV_TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
ENV_USERDOMAIN=TSTEPHENSON
ENV_USERNAME=HP_Administrator
ENV_USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator
ENV_windir=C:\WINDOWS

<blockquote><p>Any one have any hints on how to configure NT Wrapper ?</p></blockquote><p> Here's my mercury.ini Config file for NT Wrapper.  You can put this into the NT Wrapper directory and then modify it to match your setup.  Probably will have to delete a lot of the ENV_ lines or at least change them to match your systems environment. </p><p>[SERVICE_OPTIONS] OnAllAppsExit=0 LogToDisc=0 LogToEventLog=1 MainLogFile= [SERVICE_INSTALL] ServiceName=Mercury DisplayName=NT Wrapper:Mercury/32 Description=Mercury/32 Mail Server Interactive=1 Account=LocalSystem Password= LoadOrderGroup= StartType=Auto [APPLICATION_1] Executable=C:\MERCURY\MERCURY.EXE Params= WorkingDir=C:\MERCURY IsConsoleApp=0 IsProcessGroup=0 Send_CTRL+BREAK=0 ShutDownTimeout=5000 RestartApp=1 LaunchDelay=0 ShowWindow=Normal Priority=Normal AffinityMask=1 RedirectStdOut=0 RedirectStdErr=0 StdOutFile= StdErrFile= OwnLogFile= ExecutionTime=0 ProcUser=THOMAS ProcDomain= RunProcAsUser=1 LogonImpersonateUser=1 ProcPassword=5505452812558805590052311551188 (invalid HP_Administrator password) ENV_ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users ENV_AMAENABLE=Y ENV_APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data ENV_CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files ENV_COMPUTERNAME=TSTEPHENSON ENV_ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe ENV_FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO ENV_HOMEDRIVE=C: ENV_HOMEPATH=\ ENV_LOGONSERVER=\\TSTEPHENSON ENV_NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1 ENV_NWLANGUAGE=ENGLISH ENV_NWUSERNAME=thomas ENV_OS=Windows_NT ENV_Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;c:\Python22;C:\WINDOWS\system32\nls;C:\WINDOWS\system32\nls\ENGLISH;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;c:\Python22;C:\WINDOWS\system32\nls;C:\WINDOWS\system32\nls\ENGLISH;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MUVEET~1\030625 ENV_PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH ENV_POPFILE_ROOT=C:\PROGRA~1\POPFile ENV_POPFILE_USER=C:\PROGRA~1\POPFile ENV_PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86 ENV_PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 2, AuthenticAMD ENV_PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15 ENV_PROCESSOR_REVISION=2f02 ENV_ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files ENV_SESSIONNAME=Console ENV_SonicCentral=c:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared\Sonic Central\ ENV_SystemDrive=C: ENV_SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS ENV_TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp ENV_TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp ENV_USERDOMAIN=TSTEPHENSON ENV_USERNAME=HP_Administrator ENV_USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator ENV_windir=C:\WINDOWS  </p>

Hi

What is the best way to run Mercury as a service on Win 2003 Server.
Hopefully allowing access to the GUI.

If I do this will it run on reboot, prior to the user logging in ??

Would I be able to start clamav the same way ?

Thanks

<p>Hi</p><p>What is the best way to run Mercury as a service on Win 2003 Server. Hopefully allowing access to the GUI.</p><p>If I do this will it run on reboot, prior to the user logging in ??</p><p>Would I be able to start clamav the same way ?</p><p>Thanks </p>

What is the best way to run Mercury as a service on Win 2003 Server.
Hopefully allowing access to the GUI.

Based on my experience the best way to do this is via NT Wrapper.  

The NT Wrapper allows standard Win32 applications or scripts to be run as a Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 Service. 

Features:
    ·    Easy configuration thru a GUI and simple INI files. 
    ·    Prioritization of sub-processes. 
    ·    Custom environments. 
    ·    CPU binding 
    ·    Redirecting of Stdout/Stderr to file 
    ·    Logging to the event log and to disk. 
    ·    The capability to run multiple applications in a single NT Wrapper service instance. 
    ·    Monitoring of a service in the sys-tray. 

http://www.duodata.de/ntwrapper/

The current service wrapper of Mercury/32 does work but it does have problems if you want to use the GUI interface.  In order to restore the GUI interface after logout you really need to shutdown and reload the service.  I built a little batch file to control the 2 instances I have running on this system.

You also might want to look at Rolf's HTTP Server to manage the server via HTTP rather than the GUI.

This is a Mercury/32 HTTP server available that will help you manage the Mercury/32.  This server was developed by Rolf Lindby <rolf@serieguide.se> and is available at

http://83.140.29.200/HTTPServer.zip

At present the trayicon will probably not survive a restart of explorer.exe, but other than that it should work as expected.

&lt;blockquote&gt;What is the best way to run Mercury as a service on Win 2003 Server. &lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;Hopefully allowing access to the GUI.&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Based on my experience the best way to do this is via NT Wrapper.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The NT Wrapper allows standard Win32 applications or scripts to be run as a Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 Service.&amp;nbsp; Features: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &middot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Easy configuration thru a GUI and simple INI files.&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &middot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Prioritization of sub-processes.&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &middot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Custom environments.&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &middot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; CPU binding&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &middot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Redirecting of Stdout/Stderr to file&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &middot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Logging to the event log and to disk.&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &middot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; The capability to run multiple applications in a single NT Wrapper service instance.&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &middot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Monitoring of a service in the sys-tray.&amp;nbsp; http://www.duodata.de/ntwrapper/ &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The current service wrapper of Mercury/32 does work but it does have problems if you want to use the GUI interface.&amp;nbsp; In order to restore the GUI interface after logout you really need to shutdown and reload the service.&amp;nbsp; I built a little batch file to control the 2 instances I have running on this system.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;You also might want to look at Rolf&#039;s HTTP Server to manage the server via HTTP rather than the GUI.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This is a Mercury/32 HTTP server available that will help you manage the Mercury/32.&amp;nbsp; This server was developed by Rolf Lindby &amp;lt;rolf@serieguide.se&amp;gt; and is available at http://83.140.29.200/HTTPServer.zip At present the trayicon will probably not survive a restart of explorer.exe, but other than that it should work as expected. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

That version of the HTTP Server actually doesn't work well together with Mercury as a service. There is a new version available though but it requires a bit more installation. If you feel like trying it it can be downloaded here:

http://downloads.serieguide.se/webtools.zip

To communicate with Mercury in service mode there is a small command daemon included. Copy the DLL file to the Mercury program folder, and add a line in daemon.ini according to the enclosed example.

The plan is to create an installer for it, and when that is ready it will be available from the community download section as well.

/Rolf

&lt;p&gt;That version of the HTTP Server actually doesn&#039;t work well together with Mercury as a service. There is a new version available though but it requires a bit more installation. If you feel like trying it it can be downloaded here:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;http://downloads.serieguide.se/webtools.zip&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;To communicate with Mercury in service mode there is a small command daemon included. Copy the DLL file to the Mercury program folder, and add a line in daemon.ini according to the enclosed example.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The plan is to create an installer for it, and when that is ready it will be available from the community download section as well. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;/Rolf &lt;/p&gt;

Thanks for the replies.

So with NT Wrapper I will have issues with the GUI ?

&lt;p&gt;Thanks for the replies. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;So with NT Wrapper I will have issues with the GUI ?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

So with NT Wrapper I will have issues with the GUI ?
Not with a normal Windows setup.  It can get tricky if you are using Netware though.
&lt;blockquote&gt;So with NT Wrapper I will have issues with the GUI ?&lt;/blockquote&gt;Not with a normal Windows setup.&amp;nbsp; It can get tricky if you are using Netware though.

Just to confirm on windows 2003 server using NT Wrapper it should all be fine including the GUI ?

Just to confirm on windows 2003 server using NT Wrapper it should all be fine including the GUI ?

Yes, however I've never seen Windows server 2003.  It's a Win32 system though and it works on all Win32 systems.

&lt;blockquote&gt;Just to confirm on windows 2003 server using NT Wrapper it should all be fine including the GUI ?&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;Yes, however I&#039;ve never seen Windows server 2003.&amp;nbsp; It&#039;s a Win32 system though and it works on all Win32 systems. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Thanks.

Any one have any hints on how to configure NT Wrapper ?

Thanks

&lt;p&gt;Thanks.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Any one have any hints on how to configure NT Wrapper ?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft