Community Discussions and Support
mail filter - save attachment success response trigger

You are of course correct that both A and B can be achieved easily enough.

But there can always be that moment where neither A nor B exists due to migration to another computer, etc.

If there was at least a "folder does not exists" error which would tell Pegasus to simply ignore the filter, write to its log and continue with the next applicable filter. As it stands, Pegasus chokes. Maybe the problem is not Pegasus but Vista? I don't know enough about this type of programming to tinker with this myself, but in my world things desirably gracefully degrade.

<p>You are of course correct that both A and B can be achieved easily enough.</p><p>But there can always be that moment where neither A nor B exists due to migration to another computer, etc.</p><p>If there was at least a "folder does not exists" error which would tell Pegasus to simply ignore the filter, write to its log and continue with the next applicable filter. As it stands, Pegasus chokes. Maybe the problem is not Pegasus but Vista? I don't know enough about this type of programming to tinker with this myself, but in my world things desirably gracefully degrade. </p>

I have a mail filter setup that checks for a particular attachment and saves it to a predefined directory. This works as long as the directory actually exists.

If the directory does not exists PMail acts as if it was saving the attachment but in reality I am not sure what it is doing because the directory is not created (not necessarily a bad thing) nor the file saved, but there is also no system message triggered, ie. no log entry even on level 5.

The reason I was hoping for some sort of failback response is because I wanted to delete the attachment after successfully saving it first.

If there is something I'm just not seeing, please let me know.

Thanks

<p>I have a mail filter setup that checks for a particular attachment and saves it to a predefined directory. This works as long as the directory actually exists.</p><p>If the directory does not exists PMail acts as if it was saving the attachment but in reality I am not sure what it is doing because the directory is not created (not necessarily a bad thing) nor the file saved, but there is also no system message triggered, ie. no log entry even on level 5.</p><p>The reason I was hoping for some sort of failback response is because I wanted to <b>delete</b> the attachment after <b>successfully</b> saving it first. </p><p>If there is something I'm just not seeing, please let me know.</p><p>Thanks </p>

Don't think it can be done natively by Pegasus. I presume there a reason why you can't either

A) define a known-existing folder as the target (mydocs?), or

B) ensure this folder DOES exist by creating it beforehand

<P>Don't think it can be done natively by Pegasus. I presume there a reason why you can't either</P><P><BLOCKQUOTE><P>A) define a known-existing folder as the target (mydocs?), or</P><P>B) ensure this folder DOES exist by creating it beforehand</P></BLOCKQUOTE><P></P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft