Community Discussions and Support
some IMAP mailbox questions

[quote user="Paavo"] I have moved just recently from POP3 to IMAP and now the mails are stored at server side. Some functionality I had before as granted seems to  have vanished but perhaps I just do not know how to make the things work?

1. the message info is not displayed anymore for imap (am I doing something wrong?) and it is not possible to change  the message properties. I miss most of all the ability to turn off the urgent bit - then the message has been read there usually no need for me message to stay at the top of the message list. The users of Thunderbird seem to be able to cope with this situation as the mails are shown as normal ones after reading but I guess this is the displaying issue. Is where a workaround to supress the urgent mails to climb at the top of the list?[/quote]

That functionality doesn't work over the IMAP protocol.  All you can really alter is the read/unread status and (sometimes) the reply flag.  The options on the Properties screen can't be altered.

[quote]2. the general search from folder tree does not accept the  "search all folders in selected mailbox". I have two mailboxes - one is the My mailbox (local) and another is a imap mailbox and I do not know how to activate the search specifically to all folders of IMAP mailbox. The IMAP mailbox does not seem to be the "selected" for a search despite the fact that it is selected - highlited. if the folders to search is set to be "search all folders in selected mailbox" then always My mailbox gets searched. Is this a bug of PM4.51 or should I do something differently?[/quote]

I haven't noticed this problem, but searches done to a remote server are very slow for me, so I try to avoid them.

[quote user="Paavo"] I have moved just recently from POP3 to IMAP and now the mails are stored at server side. Some functionality I had before as granted seems to  have vanished but perhaps I just do not know how to make the things work? <P>1. the message info is not displayed anymore for imap (am I doing something wrong?) and it is not possible to change  the message properties. I miss most of all the ability to turn off the urgent bit - then the message has been read there usually no need for me message to stay at the top of the message list. The users of Thunderbird seem to be able to cope with this situation as the mails are shown as normal ones after reading but I guess this is the displaying issue. Is where a workaround to supress the urgent mails to climb at the top of the list?[/quote]</P> <P>That functionality doesn't work over the IMAP protocol.  All you can really alter is the read/unread status and (sometimes) the reply flag.  The options on the Properties screen can't be altered.</P> <P> [quote]2. the general search from folder tree does not accept the  "search all folders in selected mailbox". I have two mailboxes - one is the My mailbox (local) and another is a imap mailbox and I do not know how to activate the search specifically to all folders of IMAP mailbox. The IMAP mailbox does not seem to be the "selected" for a search despite the fact that it is selected - highlited. if the folders to search is set to be "search all folders in selected mailbox" then always My mailbox gets searched. Is this a bug of PM4.51 or should I do something differently?[/quote]</P> <P>I haven't noticed this problem, but searches done to a remote server are very slow for me, so I try to avoid them.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Hi!

I have moved just recently from POP3 to IMAP and now the mails are stored at server side. Some functionality I had before as granted seems to  have vanished but perhaps I just do not know how to make the things work?

1. the message info is not displayed anymore for imap (am I doing something wrong?) and it is not possible to change  the message properties. I miss most of all the ability to turn off the urgent bit - then the message has been read there usually no need for me message to stay at the top of the message list. The users of Thunderbird seem to be able to cope with this situation as the mails are shown as normal ones after reading but I guess this is the displaying issue. Is where a workaround to supress the urgent mails to climb at the top of the list?

2. the general search from folder tree does not accept the  "search all folders in selected mailbox". I have two mailboxes - one is the My mailbox (local) and another is a imap mailbox and I do not know how to activate the search specifically to all folders of IMAP mailbox. The IMAP mailbox does not seem to be the "selected" for a search despite the fact that it is selected - highlited. if the folders to search is set to be "search all folders in selected mailbox" then always My mailbox gets searched. Is this a bug of PM4.51 or should I do something differently?

<p>Hi!</p><p>I have moved just recently from POP3 to IMAP and now the mails are stored at server side. Some functionality I had before as granted seems to  have vanished but perhaps I just do not know how to make the things work?</p><p>1. the message info is not displayed anymore for imap (am I doing something wrong?) and it is not possible to change  the message properties. I miss most of all the ability to turn off the urgent bit - then the message has been read there usually no need for me message to stay at the top of the message list. The users of Thunderbird seem to be able to cope with this situation as the mails are shown as normal ones after reading but I guess this is the displaying issue. Is where a workaround to supress the urgent mails to climb at the top of the list?</p><p>2. the general search from folder tree does not accept the  "search all folders in selected mailbox". I have two mailboxes - one is the My mailbox (local) and another is a imap mailbox and I do not know how to activate the search specifically to all folders of IMAP mailbox. The IMAP mailbox does not seem to be the "selected" for a search despite the fact that it is selected - highlited. if the folders to search is set to be "search all folders in selected mailbox" then always My mailbox gets searched. Is this a bug of PM4.51 or should I do something differently?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft