Community Discussions and Support
I can't attach a pdf

[quote user="irelam"]

If you are using Excel, make sure you have closed Excel before attempting to mail it, Excel maintains a file lock until the file is released by closing it.

[/quote]

Martin, doesn't your MAPIPM fix this issue, i.e. can you email files from within Excel this way (I don't use MS Office so I can't tell myself)?

[quote user="irelam"]<p>If you are using Excel, make sure you have closed Excel before attempting to mail it, Excel maintains a file lock until the file is released by closing it.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Martin, doesn't your <a href="/files/folders/pegadd/entry17704.aspx" target="_blank" mce_href="/files/folders/pegadd/entry17704.aspx">MAPIPM</a> fix this issue, i.e. can you email files from within Excel this way (I don't use MS Office so I can't tell myself)? </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I am running 4.51 with vista and I am having a problem attaching a file created in excel and saved as a PDF. If i attach the excel file 24m I have no problem. Whenever I try to attach the PDF 30m Pegasus crashes and I have to restart.  Any Ideas???

Thanks

Jon 

<p>I am running 4.51 with vista and I am having a problem attaching a file created in excel and saved as a PDF. If i attach the excel file 24m I have no problem. Whenever I try to attach the PDF 30m Pegasus crashes and I have to restart.  Any Ideas???</p><p> </p><p>Thanks </p><p>Jon </p>

If you are using Excel, make sure you have closed Excel before attempting to mail it, Excel maintains a file lock until the file is released by closing it.

HTH

Martin 

<p>If you are using Excel, make sure you have closed Excel before attempting to mail it, Excel maintains a file lock until the file is released by closing it.</p><p>HTH</p><p>Martin </p>

Yes this I know already and I close all files before trying to attach them. I went to my gmail on the web and was able to attach this pdf file but every time I try to do this in pmail it just keeps crash's

thanks for the reply 

<p>Yes this I know already and I close all files before trying to attach them. I went to my gmail on the web and was able to attach this pdf file but every time I try to do this in pmail it just keeps crash's</p><p> </p><p>thanks for the reply </p>

OK so now the question is, what version of Adobe are you using. There is a known problem with Adobe Reader and Anti-virus software. Are you by any chance using Virscan? If so, the latest version is supposed to cure this kind of problem. The latest version can be obtained from

http://www3.telus.net/public/irelam/VirscanV498.zip

Martin

<p>OK so now the question is, what version of Adobe are you using. There is a known problem with Adobe Reader and Anti-virus software. Are you by any chance using Virscan? If so, the latest version is supposed to cure this kind of problem. The latest version can be obtained from</p><p> http://www3.telus.net/public/irelam/VirscanV498.zip </p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft