Community Discussions and Support
pmail 4.51 network installation

Hi to all,

At the begining i would like to THANK YOU very much for your responses in order to help me...

Well none from your suggestions were the solution because the paths that i gave to initial setup were correct. But i don't know why an invisible hand take my own put it on the mouse and i open the shared partition ....through the folders found the winpm-32.exe drag it to the desktop of the client machine and created a shortcut there.

AND HERE WE ARE !!!!! everything is ok.... I check the parameters of the shortcut and was the same with the other shortcut that was created from the  wssetup.exe exept the run options -roam -a.

I don't know why happens this i recorded this event but i can;t explain it.

I ran the two shortcut many times one after the other with the old one i get the well known messege with the other evething went ok [*-)].

Thanks again [Y]

Harris

<p>Hi to all,</p><p>At the begining i would like to THANK YOU very much for your responses in order to help me...</p><p>Well none from your suggestions were the solution because the paths that i gave to initial setup were correct. But i don't know why an invisible hand take my own put it on the mouse and i open the shared partition ....through the folders found the winpm-32.exe drag it to the desktop of the client machine and created a shortcut there.</p><p>AND HERE WE ARE !!!!! everything is ok.... I check the parameters of the shortcut and was the same with the other shortcut that was created from the  wssetup.exe exept the run options -roam -a.</p><p>I don't know why happens this i recorded this event but i can;t explain it.</p><p>I ran the two shortcut many times one after the other with the old one i get the well known messege with the other evething went ok [*-)].</p><p>Thanks again [Y]</p><p>Harris </p><p> </p>

Hi to all in this community,

I am new to pmail for windows, i just a few days ago searching the internet for mail clients i found pegasus.

Well i installed pmail 4.51 on one of my four computers in my network i configured pmail in network mode but when i try to run the program from another computer , it asks what user i am i give the name and i take a "beatifull" "The user you are triyng to 'become' does not exists......"

I have installed the program on a pc running WinXP but not on the "C:\Program Files......" but on a seperate shared partition that i have granded full rights for the user "everyone".

The mail boxes are on f:\Programfiles\programs\mail\the folder of each user......  and from the other computer i have make MapNetwork drive the shared partition where the pmail and mail folders exists

I read in this forum some posts related to this but nothing help me. I have deleted many times the pmail.cfg file and i have ran the program from a pc other than the installation exists, but when the initial configuration ends the program ask me for user name and end up with the well known "The user you are........"

Any Help please

Thanks in advance

<p>Hi to all in this community,</p><p>I am new to pmail for windows, i just a few days ago searching the internet for mail clients i found pegasus.</p><p>Well i installed pmail 4.51 on one of my four computers in my network i configured pmail in network mode but when i try to run the program from another computer , it asks what user i am i give the name and i take a "beatifull" "The user you are triyng to 'become' does not exists......"</p><p>I have installed the program on a pc running WinXP but not on the "C:\Program Files......" but on a seperate shared partition that i have granded full rights for the user "everyone".</p><p>The mail boxes are on f:\Programfiles\programs\mail\the folder of each user......  and from the other computer i have make MapNetwork drive the shared partition where the pmail and mail folders exists </p><p>I read in this forum some posts related to this but nothing help me. I have deleted many times the pmail.cfg file and i have ran the program from a pc other than the installation exists, but when the initial configuration ends the program ask me for user name and end up with the well known "The user you are........"</p><p> </p><p>Any Help please</p><p>Thanks in advance </p>

This may be different in a network configuration but in multi-user mode you open the Pegasus Mail (server) application and select Adresses => User management from its menu to create the users you need. After doing so you should be able to launch Pegasus Mail as a non-admin from client machines using the new user names. But there's also a file called manual.pdf in Pegasus Mail's installation directory which certainly provides all the details you need ... in case I'm wrong and anyway ...

This may be different in a network configuration but in multi-user mode you open the Pegasus Mail (server) application and select <i>Adresses => User management</i> from its menu to create the users you need. After doing so you should be able to launch Pegasus Mail as a non-admin from client machines using the new user names. But there's also a file called <i>manual.pdf</i> in Pegasus Mail's installation directory which certainly provides all the details you need ... in case I'm wrong and anyway ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

> Well i installed pmail 4.51 on one of my four computers in my
> network i configured pmail in network mode but when i try to run the program from another computer , it asks what user i am i give the
> name and i take a "beatifull" "The user you are tryng to 'become' does not exists......"

When you installed Pegasus Mail it asked for the mailbox location and you probably said c:\pmail\mail and that's where Pegasus Mail is looking for the mailboxes when run from a remote system.  You need to run pconfig.exe from the Pegasus Mail program directory and change the Standalone Home and New mail directory spec to \\server\share\pmail\mail\~8 so that Pegasus Mail looks at the right system and share for the mailboxes,

> Well i installed pmail 4.51 on one of my four computers in my > network i configured pmail in network mode but when i try to run the program from another computer , it asks what user i am i give the > name and i take a "beatifull" "The user you are tryng to 'become' does not exists......" When you installed Pegasus Mail it asked for the mailbox location and you probably said c:\pmail\mail and that's where Pegasus Mail is looking for the mailboxes when run from a remote system.  You need to run pconfig.exe from the Pegasus Mail program directory and change the Standalone Home and New mail directory spec to \\server\share\pmail\mail\~8 so that Pegasus Mail looks at the right system and share for the mailboxes,
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft